Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reviews: Musc Kublai Kahn, Escentric Molecule 01, Aura of patchouli, SMN Vanilla, NR

I recently purchased a bunch of samples from the perfumed court which, next to this site, is my favorite site on the net...anyway here are some mini reviews of what i recieved:

Musc Kublai Kahn: THIS STUFF ROCKS plain and simple. I dont get a silage beast like everyone claims. On me it it starts strong and pleasant and then mellows into the most intriguing musk that i have ever smelled...this is what musk is supposed to be like. 5 out of 5 stars.

Escentric Molecule 01: STOP BADMOUTHING THIS ONE. I know here that some love this one and some just dont get it...but i am happy to say that i get it. This works wonders with my chemistry. Though i cannot pinpoint where the scent is coming from, even though i know where i sprayed it, i keep getting a beautiful, velvety, wood and musk waft, an aura if you will...i would likely spend the stupid amount of money on a bottle of this, as i could wear it everyday. 4 out of 5 stars

Aura of Patchouli by caswell massey: This is a very linear, very masculine patchouli...not your dirty, hippie, flower child incense patchouli. I like this one very much, though it is a bit linear. 3and a half stars.

Smn Vanilla: Dry, herbal, resinous vanilla...its nice but i could never own a full bottle. Lovely scent, just not for me...no stars, as i am neutral towards this one.

Narcisso Rodriguez Musk oil: Get yourself some C.O. Bigelow Musk and you have the exact same result, minus about 120 bucks. I swear, C.O. Bigelow Musk oil is exactly the same as this one with better projection and longevity...dont waste your money,imo, on this oil unless you have smelledboth it and bigelow first...on me it is very earthy and somehow feminine at the same time...it does not work for me. 1 star
    Last edited by jdnba; 28th December 2007 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reviews: Musc Kublai Kahn, Escentric Molecule 01, Aura of patchouli, SMN Vanilla,

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    I recently purchased a bunch of samples from the perfumed court which, next to this site, is my favorite site on the net...anyway here are some mini reviews of what i recieved:

Musc Kublai Kahn: THIS STUFF ROCKS plain and simple. I dont get a silage beast like everyone claims. On me it it starts strong and pleasant and then mellows into the most intriguing musk that i have ever smelled...this is what musk is supposed to be like. 5 out of 5 stars.
    Glad you like it!! MKK is my "aha!" moment scent! I love myself more each time I wear it.

If CM's Aura of Patchouli had been a "dirty, hippie, flower child incense patchouli", I would've definitely been interested. Oh well, another patchouli I don't have to try.

Thanks for the reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Reviews: Musc Kublai Kahn, Escentric Molecule 01, Aura of patchouli, SMN Vanilla,

anytime...glad you liked the reviews....i just wish i could talk anyone into canting me some kublai kahn so i had more!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reviews: Musc Kublai Kahn, Escentric Molecule 01, Aura of patchouli, SMN Vanilla,

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    Narcisso Rodriguez Musk oil: Get yourself some C.O. Bigelow Musk and you have the exact same result, minus about 120 bucks. I swear, C.O. Bigelow Musk oil is exactly the same as this one with better projection and longevity...dont waste your money,imo, on this oil unless you have smelledboth it and bigelow first...on me it is very earthy and somehow feminine at the same time...it does not work for me. 1 star
    Very interesting...I will keep my eyes out for C.O. Bigelow Musk oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the reviews.

When I write a review it's usually blah blah blah long. Sort of embarassing. I love a quick review when it's posted here as a result. Love these quickies.

I was really glad to see C-M Aura of Patchouli reviewed. I agree with you, it's not really a fun one. All the edge of patchouli is removed, and thus it's linear and dull. A good idea, but such a below average product. Really sad. C-M used to sell a different Patchouli, called just Patchouli if I remember right, and it was much more compelling. It always made me think of wet-soaked old leather boots. Just a total funk. Something to be proud of wearing. Dang.

Thanks for the reviews,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.