Code of Conduct

Default Bath & Body Works SANDALWOOD ROSE...what comes close to this scent?

I just got some body lotion of this and I am in love. It is discontinued though They sometimes have it at their semi-annual sale (going on right now) but it's hit and miss on whether they have any.

There is a body essence that was made but is discontinued too.

Have you smelled this and can think of a perfume/oil that comes close to this scent?
    Last edited by cailan; 28th December 2007 at 10:17 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bath & Body Works SANDALWOOD ROSE...what comes close to this scent?

Hi, cailan!

Just dropping a line to say, don't be discouraged by the absence of responses to your post. You may simply have "stumped the band" on this question.

From what I see at makeupalley.com, a lot of people love Sandalwood Rose. I vaguely remembering trying SR. I don't recall sampling anything similar.

I love that scent too. Sadly, I can't think of anything I've smelt that comes close.

Sure sounds good. I have no suggestions either - have you tried layering a rose (Yves Rocher's Rose Absolu comes to mind) with a sandalwood - like Madini Oils http://www.madini.com/products/complete_listing.htm Santal Blanc?

I find Band BW overpriced for what it is and am grateful a friend regularly gives me gift certificates which I spend on sale priced items!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post

I find Band BW overpriced for what it is and am grateful a friend regularly gives me gift certificates which I spend on sale priced items!!
    I only spend money there on their sales and when I get coupons too. Sandalwood Rose was on their 75% off table otherwise I probably wouldn't even have noticed it. Now I could kick myself for not going there sooner. It had been years since I last bought anything there.

I'm going to try layering some scents. Maybe I'll find one that comes close.

Thank you for the responses

O.K. here's a suggestion.
    Try Madini Kamary. You can get a test vial from madini.com for $2.00 but order five samples of your own choosing for $10 because lots of them are worth trying.
    It is the nicest, smoothest sandalwood and rose.
    Really under-rated, unknown, and unappreciated.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 30th December 2007 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    O.K. here's a suggestion.
    Try Madini Kamary. You can get a test vial from madini.com for $2.00 but order five samples of your own choosing for $10 because lots of them are worth trying.
    It is the nicest, smoothest sandalwood and rose.
    Really under-rated, unknown, and unappreciated.
    Ohh...I'll have to try that one. I went over to their site and they sound enticing. I will definitely get a sample pack. I already picked 9 scents so I'll have to whittle it down to 5.

It may sound dumb, but I'd just get some inexpensive but good quality sandalwood oil and a light rose oil and mix them with a little Everclear. You might throw in a little vanilla for good measure. Shake well and mist liberally.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    As a value proposition, I think that Bath & Body Works products are fine. (Disclosure: I work part-time at a Bath & Body Works store.) It is true that there are cheaper products to be found at Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store (although whether of comparable quality is arguable). However, there are also much more expensive alternatives: L'Occitaine, Caswell-Massey, Aveda, and Floris come to mind. So, Bath & Body Works falls in the middle of the price spectrum, neither too costly nor too cheap.

Now, that being said, I will have to admit that I never buy anything at full price; I wait until the 75% clearance and then I stock up a six-month supply.

Anyway, to the topic of the thread -- I saw a few Sandalwood Rose pulse point fragrances on the 75% table at my store yesterday. So a call to your nearby store might be successful.

lol...I've been calling them everyday but they haven't got any in

Have never tried this one, but read many reviews on different boards. So my suggestion would be totally blind as based on intuition only: Tanya Sarne Ghost.

Later this week I might stop by my BBW to try Sandalwood Rose, or at least I will try to, OK?

Ok...still on my quest

I received Madini Kamary and it smells nothing like the BBW Sandalwood Rose, so I scratched that one off the list.

After reading the ingredients on the lotion bottle there is sandalwood, rose, patchouli, frankincense, cucumber, balm mint, basil, and several more...not a straight sandalwood rose. Which makes it harder to formulate myself....

I did find this:
    http://www.fortune3.com/chemstore/Fr...od_Rose_1.html

Perhaps this will be close...would I use a carrier oil with it...like jojoba oil? I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't use fragrance oil straight. Do you think this would apply?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
    Carl Jung
    Swiss psychologist (1875 - 1961)

Quote Originally Posted by cailan View Post
    Ok...still on my quest
    I did find this:
    http://www.fortune3.com/chemstore/Fr...od_Rose_1.html

Perhaps this will be close...would I use a carrier oil with it...like jojoba oil? I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't use fragrance oil straight. Do you think this would apply?
    I most definitely would dilute this product. While you might not get an immediate, negative reaction from using a fragrance oil (FO from here on out) straight on your skin, over time you can develop a sensitivity and if you do- well it is royally "bad news!" Jojoba oil is fine. Fractionated coconut is also very good as it doesn't have much of an odor of its own and is gentle to use on the skin. Also you could consider Everclear, if you can find it. Some people also use high proof vodka and spring water. You can also get perfumer's alcohol from snowdriftfarm.com I've had luck diluting 25%/75% FO to alcohol. You could also put a teaspoon or so of unscented body lotion in your palm and put one or two drops (get an eye dropper from the drug store) of the FO into it, mix right there with your hands, and use it that way.

While you don't need to be terrified to try your hand at using and mixing FOs, do use them with caution. They are powerful chemicals and need to be treated as such.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu