Code of Conduct

Talking NEW Lorenzo Villoresi?

I just found this brief description of an upcoming Lorenzo Villoresi frag, which I thought would be of interest to other LV fans out there. It's from his website. It says, "the new project is a glacial fragrance inspired by a legendary people of the Great North." Has anyone heard anything more about this? What do you guys make of this odd description?

Default Re: NEW Lorenzo Villoresi?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    It says, "the new project is a glacial fragrance inspired by a legendary people of the Great North." ... What do you guys make of this odd description?
    Smells like Santa's elves.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I am not going to get too excited about this since my view of LV is that his fragrances are all about the essence of Italy.

I can see things like Spezie being described as the essence of Italy, but don't you think he's moved pretty far away from that sensibility in the past decade with fragrances like Piper Nigrum and Yerbamate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I just found this brief description of an upcoming Lorenzo Villoresi frag, which I thought would be of interest to other LV fans out there. It's from his website. It says, "the new project is a glacial fragrance inspired by a legendary people of the Great North." Has anyone heard anything more about this? What do you guys make of this odd description?
    From an Italian perpective, maybe he means South Tyrol. Or "Ötzi the Iceman" culture .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

The news of a new Lorenzo Villoresi fragrance is always reason to celebrate. Love his stuff!

Vikings? Nordic gods? Geir Ness?

I received an e-mail from Angela at Lorenzo Villoresi in Florence. Her written English isn't the clearest, but it sounds like there might be MORE THAN ONE new LV released at the end of thIs year! Here's the relevant part of what she wrote: "...the information about our new fragrances and our new operations as the Academy centre, that we suppose it will be opened at the end of 2008." I'm stoked! Has anybody else heard news of this move and the coinciding new releases? She didn't go into many details, but she confirmed that he is working on the one I previously posted about.