Code of Conduct

Thread: Tuscan Leather?

Default Tuscan Leather?

I received a decant of this a couple of days ago and am a little let down on this one.
    It has a similarity to Ralph Lauren - Purple Label to my nose but thinner.
    I am glad I ordered a backup bottle of Tom Ford Extreme because, at least to me, Extreme is a much nicer scent. I own Tobacco Vanille but I am wavering on it at this point because of the lingering vanilla drydown.

Oh, I sprayed Cuiron on one arm and Tuscan Leather on the other and compared for 5 hours. My verdict is:
    Where can I buy another back up bottle of Cuiron? No contest. Cuiron is amazing still. My other leather that I could own and feel that it has substance and a full personality is Cuir Ottoman.

Default Re: Tuscan Leather?

My initial impression of Tuscan Leather is the scent of high quality leather goods, similar to the smell of a Coach or Hermes boutique. A very realistic interpretation of leather. I like it but there are other leather fragrances I prefer. Cuir Mauresque, Cuir Ottoman, and Nostalgia are my top three leathers at the moment. BTW If I run into any Cuiron in my travels, you'll be the first to know.

PS: If you conclude that Tobacco Vanille does not suit you well, I'll glady pay you a fair a price for the remainder.

In London dep. stores Tuscany Leather is one of big-sellers
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't. Darkness - for the blinds.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir
    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post

Oh, I sprayed Cuiron on one arm and Tuscan Leather on the other and compared for 5 hours. My verdict is:
    Where can I buy another back up bottle of Cuiron? No contest. Cuiron is amazing still. My other leather that I could own and feel that it has substance and a full personality is Cuir Ottoman.
    Only problem is finding Cuiron - seems very rare these days! I have a sample of Cuir Ottoman coming from The Perfumed Court - so I will be trying this soon too!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Basenotes Institution

I'm really surprised Barry - besides Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather was one of the very favorite of the twelve Private Blends I tried.

I love it and although I haven't tried more than 5 or 6 leather scents, as of yet I think I can easily say that TL is my very favorite leather scent. You know how people say they love the way a new car smells - well, I get the same kick out of wearing TL. It also lasts quite a long time on my skin. I wore it in LA the day that I went to Scent Bar and it lasted through to the end of the night, when I got home.

In addition I tried Cuiron when I first started on Basenotes and found it not to my tastes at all. Different strokes for different folks, huh?

I also have a teensy sample of Cuir Mauresque (thanks leopoldo) and Nostalgia (I think Scentsibility gave this to me) to still try. But for now TL scratches my leather itch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm really surprised Barry - besides Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather was one of the very favorite of the twelve Private Blends I tried.

I love it and although I haven't tried more than 5 or 6 leather scents, as of yet I think I can easily say that TL is my very favorite leather scent. You know how people say they love the way a new car smells - well, I get the same kick out of wearing TL. It also lasts quite a long time on my skin. I wore it in LA the day that I went to Scent Bar and it lasted through to the end of the night, when I got home.
    I do agrre that Tobacco Vanille and Tuscany Leather are one of the best ones

The other leather scent is of a very high quality - from Armani prive collection : Cuir Amethyste
    Last edited by DreamerII; 30th December 2007 at 12:57 AM.
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't. Darkness - for the blinds.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

After trying quite a few, I find Tom Ford's exclusives to be a bit of a yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    After trying quite a few, I find Tom Ford's exclusives to be a bit of a yawn.
    They are too nice, too dark - maybe that's the reason of the yawn

Tobacco vanilla is my favorite. i want to buy it. A lot of SL scents fade to me when I smell Tobacco vanilla..

It smells like peruvian flake to me, why would someone want to smell like COCAINE is beyond me.

Guys it smells like COCAINE. Sorry, I get no leather at all out of this one. I agree with Musclegod007. I let several friends sniff it and they all agreed as well; Cocaine. Again, I also get similarities to Purple Label.
    Mind you, I have tried some things, but never cocaine. Been around it at parties and definitely familiar with the smell however.

I own Cuir Amethyste and agree it is beautiful. Violets and suede.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Guys it smells like COCAINE. Sorry, I get no leather at all out of this one. I agree with Musclegod007. I let several friends sniff it and they all agreed as well; Cocaine. Again, I also get similarities to Purple Label.
    Mind you, I have tried some things, but never cocaine. Been around it at parties and definitely familiar with the smell however.

I own Cuir Amethyste and agree it is beautiful. Violets and suede.
    To me, cocaine really doesn't have a smell beyond an acrid chemical taint. I do not see the connection between TL and blow.

I tried Tuscan Leather several times from the sample I got from Perfumed Court and I thought it smelled of fresh newly tanned leather going on. BUT, as time moves on, so does the leather fragrance. The drydown totally loses the leather scent and becomes sort of an irritating cherry flavored oak moss that somehow loses its leathery nature althogether. I was very disappointed in TL also.

So my sample arrived from the PC Saturday. I dabbed a little of this on the back of my hand, and to my surprise, it was like I'd dumped a little pile of white powder up my nose. Leather? Oh please, Tommy boy! I felt like I was getting high! It's been a while since I've had anything up there besides a good fragrance, but you never quite forget the smell of that, now do you? Perhaps, if I hadn't partaken in my younger days, then I would more clearly be able to smell this fragrance completely. However, I was a wild youth. And now all I smell is coke. It's insane! I know fragrance is linked with memory, and perhaps memory clouded my experience. But never have I smelled anything so much like the dirty, chemical scent of a bump. I don't know if I want to smell like that, as you know the kind of people you'd attract! But what an interesting scent! I had to check immediately to see if I was the only one who reacted in this way. Thank god, I'm not alone, I felt a little crazy for sure.
    Last edited by bront82; 21st January 2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes