Code of Conduct

Default Bad breath and perfumes....

Its kind of ridicoulus question....but I discussed this topic with my brother and I want your great opinions!!!!!!!!!!
    .....Everybody have sometimes bad breath....with a good fragance, can you feel the bad breath in a person or the fragance or both? (Not in a date....I mean in an interviwe,etc....)
    Blessings for 2008!

Default Re: Bad breath and perfumes....

Wow that is interesting. Never noticed. I have one friend down here who perpetually has bad breath. It's horrid since I have had to sit next to her for an entire semester. She is not the type who would think to use perfume either though. Most of my friends who do like perfume at all, even the tiniest bit, are good w/their oral care though. The other kind of bad breath doesn't so much bother me (garlic/onion) since its basically from what they ate rather than poor personal hygiene.
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sameasalways View Post
    Wow that is interesting. Never noticed. I have one friend down here who perpetually has bad breath. It's horrid since I have had to sit next to her for an entire semester. She is not the type who would think to use perfume either though. Most of my friends who do like perfume at all, even the tiniest bit, are good w/their oral care though. The other kind of bad breath doesn't so much bother me (garlic/onion) since its basically from what they ate rather than poor personal hygiene.
    Her bad breath could also be from periodontal disease/tooth decay, infected tonsils or acid reflux.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

yeah I seriously think she probably has some cavities or something....its that type of situation.

IMO good fragrance will never compensate for bad breath.

"Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else." - that's funny

LOL thanks. I find it comforting since I'm sort of a goofball. Reminds me there are others out there too.

Ha ha if there was a perfume that could cure some of the ragedy mouths I have run in to, then I would walk around with it in my pocket and fire at will.

There are so many reasons why a person can have bad breath. The chronic problem would be halitosis. Others can usually be cured with oral hygiene and a fresh young mint of some sort.

But if your breath is kicking like a mule, there is no frag that can cover that stench. I've nearly suffered from brain damage holding my breath when talking to some. It can also give you a bad experience with a certain perfume. Everytime you smell that scent you will associate it with that bad breath experience. It could ruin what could have been a very beautiful relationship between you and a beautiful scent.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

An ex-boss of mine used to wear Z-14. He also had breath that would peel paint off of the walls. I still associate the smell of Z-14 with his 'dead and decaying bodies' breath.
    Last edited by greendragon; 30th December 2007 at 06:26 AM.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Here's an idea .. mouth sprays based on popular and famous fragrances. Who wants a Kouros mouth spray?
    -

This is why I have gum, and offer it liberally.

There's nothing worse than a mix of the glorious and the malodorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    This is why I have gum, and offer it liberally.
    Ditto, except with me it's Altoids.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Here's an idea .. mouth sprays based on popular and famous fragrances. Who wants a Kouros mouth spray?
    or Kingdom.

Btw, how would i react to someone wearing a great-smelling fragrance, but with rank breath?? "Hmm, you smell really g......EEWW!!!"
    Last edited by knightowl; 30th December 2007 at 04:18 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Super-cali-fragilisti-chronic-halitosis . . . hmmmm. I can't imagine what could cover up the stench.

It (halitosis) is almost never a chronic medical condition in and of itself. It's almost ALWAYS due to either poor dental hygiene and/or bad diet/obesity. One cause is (believe it or not -- yuk!) decaying food caught in the bowels. Only a good detox and change of diet/lifestyle can make this kind of halitosis go away once and for all.

All that said, I guess the best gargle in the world (à la Scarlett O'Hara, mind you) would be YSL's Live Jazz -- all that mint, you see.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 30th December 2007 at 10:28 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]