Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Sunday 30 December 2007

Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege again. I really like this one, I just wish it had better staying power on my skin. Oh, well, it's nice on a very hot day like today, anyway.
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Default Re: SOTD Sunday 30 December 2007

Eau du Fier again, enjoy the last Sunday of 2007!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Versace Woman this morning until I started mixing oils together and got vanilla, frankincense and patchouli on me... I smell yummy! And yes I'm not very coordinated

Begin the day with Chopard - Wish followed by Guerlain's Shalimar...

Serge Lutens EncensetLavande
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Sa Majeste La Rose (Serge Lutens). Like with so many of the SL scents I find the top notes of this one a bit off-putting...Once it has settled on my skin though.....mmmmmm...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Working today for a friend so she can celebrate a late Christmas with her family. I have been off for a week and a half.....this is rough! Wearing my favorite work scent L de Lolita Lempicka. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

You smell good Musse and tdi!

Was a bit indecisive for my SotE - put on With Love by Hilary Duff and changed my mind, washed it off then layered Coco Mademoiselle with Miss Dior, got bored and then applied Gucci Envy for men on my other arm.
    Last edited by jillsy; 30th December 2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: missed tdi's post

Since I had no access to BN again for most part of the day......

Yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    Excellent selection, Riannon. You smell wonderful. The later stages of Rahät Loukoum have an earthy sweetness that always pleases and satisfies me.
    Wonderful! A man who can wear and appreciate Rahät Loukoum

I can smell that already some neighbours are starting to prepare our traditional 'oliebollen' for tomorrow, so, heavy artillery is needed.

Sharing the House with my Brotha (you smell calm and delicious) and a Regal Rat Mother in Roses, I am walking in a cloud of Ambre Sultan (delicious but certainly not calm, I think).
    I admit I overdid it, but that is acceptable when you have to guard yourself against the smell of 'oliebollen'.

Like a virgin wearing a garland of garlic to ward off vampires

A happy Sunday to all.
    Last edited by Riannon; 30th December 2007 at 11:19 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

It seems to be an unplanned Serge Lutens day - :wave: Brotha, Dragon and musse!

Rousse liberally sprayed on my chest, and a totally obscure, ultra-niche Italian fragrance on my wrists. I am smelling of cinnamon, almond blossom, orange blossom and orange peel. Totally enjoyable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Today, I am sampling Genvieve by Michael Storer.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Heeley Cedre Blanc for me today -- need some steady ground for rock'n'rollin at work.

Dragon - what is "oliebollen"? (I could ask Google but I'd much rather get the real deal!!)

LIB - you made orange blossoms sound so good I wish I had gone to my Elixir des Merveilles ( BLESS you Tang!) instead of my ayem choice of the uber-classic:

(Don't squint - that's Balenciaga's Le Dix)

Maybe later....after The World's Most Adorable Grandbaby......
    Last edited by TaoLady; 30th December 2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Edification
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good "morning" everybody.Today we slept laaaate.Just had breakfast now and wearing the lovely Feminite du bois...Looks like I'm not sharing the house with Riannon and the rest of you wearing SL,but at least it's created by SL Hope you all have a nice day.

Spent a happy day yesterday in that marvelous Attrape Coeur sample that Kyra sent to me...
    So good I have to mention it again.

But today I am off to work, like a few others here, and wearing Viva by Ava Luxe, and feeling quite nostalgic for her perfume house. Viva has ylang ylang and a touch of coconut, I think and is very earthy. If you like Carnal Flower, you would like Viva.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hanging out at the beach (I love beaches in the off-season), listening to the waves crash on the shore from my hotel room and wearing

Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir

The more I wear this scent, the happier it makes me. Especially on days like today when there is a very slight chill in the air and lots of rain on the horizon.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Aramis 900 as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Had a very surprising experiense this morgning...

I had no wish on earth to choose any frag for the day!

It ended up whit me putting on Stella by Stella McCartney.

This has not happend for the two years I have been addicted to perfumes, and I guess this is yer another step for leaving the addicted stage. Sort of sad, I think, but good for my wallet...
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Hi BN Friends!

I hope you're all enjoying the Season!

SOTD is from our EARTHTONES series called EARTHTONES #2 - DESERT WIND. The Earthtones Series consists of ten perfumes that are a tribute to the Earth and its various locations and natural phenomena. With DESERT WIND I wanted to call to mind the scents and feelings of high desert air - fresh, warm and dry. It is late afternoon and though still hot, the desert is beginning to cool and there's the promise of rain...somewhere off in the distance.

Top Notes: Black Pepper, Yuzu, Aldehydes
    Heart Notes: Helional, Lily of the Valley, Hydrangea, Cactus Flower
    Base Notes: White Amber, Cedar, Iso E Super, Myrtlewood, Ambergris, Moss

Neil

Sounds nice, Neil, though hot desert air is the last thing I'm thinking of in chilly London. I'm snuggling in Ava Luxe Madeline again. Boy I'll be sorry when this one runs out.

I'm wearing the classic Chypre edp by Coty. I have no idea how old this version is. From the moment I sprayed my decant this morning I recognised an old familiar scent from many years ago. I wasn't prepared for just how familiar this would be. For some of you this would be a nostalgic treasure to go wild for. For me it is an unwelcome intrusion which I want to wash off. The quality of it is of no real interest at the moment, I just want it gone.

Woke up so congested today; can hardly smell my sotd. Which, for the moment, is bulgari black.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Dragon - what is "oliebollen"? (I could ask Google but I'd much rather get the real deal!!)
    Something that sounds very simple to make, but in fact is not. Not for me anyway.

A dough made with yeast (my mother always added some beer as well). It has to rest for some time. If you like you can add currents and raisins. The trick is to shape a perfect ball with two spoons or a ice cream scooper before you fry the ball in hot oil. Not too hot, not too cold. Not too short, not too long.

And after that you must wash your hair at least two times, clean the entire kitchen with hot water and soak yourself in a fragrant bath.
    Oh well, it is only once a year
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    It seems to be an unplanned Serge Lutens day - :wave: Brotha, Dragon and musse!

Another one in Serge today, I'm wearing Fumerie Turque.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Diptyque Opôné

Madini Oils: Olive Flowers.

I started off with Ylang & Vanille and ended up with Madame X. Oh well...

Wearing Genvieve to brunch!

Starting out with Montale Blue Amber.
    After reading this thread, when this wears off, I think I'll switch to SL Sa Majeste la Rose.
    (Must wait til later, as I doubt the two will jive.)
    Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    ..Like with so many of the SL scents I find the top notes of this one a bit off-putting...Once it has settled on my skin though.....mmmmmm...
    Yup. It gets nice and warm and a bit dirty in a very pleasing way.

My 4th (I think?) sampling of Montale's ORIENT EXTREME. I can't make up my mind about this one. There's something very compelling about it, so I continue to re-try, but as soon as I do, I'm put off! I fear it's just not for me and must let it go....
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

CARON'S POUR UNE FEMME

Wow, everyone smells great today!

I'm sharing the house with Tinks (who is wearing one of my absolute favorites!), in Caron Alpona, thanks to Kyra. It's unlike any other Caron I've tried -- I love many of the classic Carons, and I love Alpona, too.

I think you can tell if you try really hard and sniff carefully that it's a Caron, but it's... haunting, in a good, friendly way.

Notes (according to NowSmellThis) include: lemon, grapefruit, bergamot, rose, orange, jasmine, orchid, thyme, patchouli, myrrh, cedar, sandalwood, musk, and oakmoss.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Parfum d'Habit

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

In thinking about red bottles, I realized I hadn't worn Brit Red for a while. Perfect for a cozy Sunday indoors
    Sniff and let sniff.

Basenotes Institution

L'Uomo Trussardi (first time from a decant, thanks Comdiva)

Very strange scent...this was made in the 80's? Very ahead of its time IMO. Not sure if I like it, but its use of clary sage and cinnamon is fascinating.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

DH and I have begun exercising together, and after this afternoon's workout, I showered and wore YSL Enchantees for the second time. This time he didn't say anything about "old lady." We'll see what he says next time I wear it.

Just Breathe by CB I Hate Perfume. According to the CBIHP site it has bamboo leaves, Japanese green tea, a variety of cedarwoods, forest (?) and a hint of incense.

This is my first sampling of Just Breathe and so far I like it very well. It is soft and clear and ephemeral , but with sufficient weight to make it something of the earth rather than the sky. I can't stop sniffing my wrist trying to work it out.

Segueing into the evening in yet another wonderful sample from the wonderful Lady in Black - Trussradi Inside....notes include tobacco and bergamot, some pepper laid over teak and cashmere woods and a musk of some kind. I get a hint of vanilla too...more gourmandy than spicy or smoky....

Verrrrry interesting......
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Another Lutensite. Wore Fleurs de Citronnier (xmas gift from DH2B) on my chest, and left my wrists free for sampling while we went shopping today. The left one got Arabie (first impression? yuck) and the right got Santal Blanc (not terribly impressed).
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

YSL Live Jazz as SotE
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Serge Lutens Sarrasins

Testing for the evening. Interesting and somewhat animal. I like that.

As inspired by another thread, wearing La Perla for the evening.

I'm in patchouli heaven with SUMMER OF LOVE by Neil Morris

Terre D'Hermes and a couple of compliments.
    Gary

Wore Tabac Blond extrait to work.
    Might wear SMN Violetta to bed...

Attrape Coeur for the eveing.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Brulure de Rose for me today

mmmm just wonderful
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

I'm slippin I wore So In Love
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

Theo Fennell Scent
    (EDP)
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *