Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday 31st December 2007 - NYE!

Good morning, dear ones!

I've got to speed up in order to post this, since I've serious connection problems these days. And no, it's not me, my computer or my Internet connection. Everything else is working I wonder what else is wrong with the Basenotes site.

Black Orchid to start the day.

Hope to see you later!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Default Re: SotD Monday 31st December 2007 - NYE!

You just beat me, LIB. And no, it is not your computer's fault!!

I feel like firework, ready to explode So let's hurry with that SotD

Musc Ravageur for the moment. I hope we can stay on line

Last day, my dears, make the most of it. And....maybe see you all later.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Today, believe it or not, I am wearing Fracas. Yes, my luscious cargo package FINALLY ARRIVED! Although the solid perfume is weak by comparison to a liquid sprayed on liberally, I keep getting rich wafts of this gorgeous fragrance, and it's making me feel tranquil and happy and warm. Grand!
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Hi all! Not happy here, because other son (of 13) has been ill for a week now. We went to the doctor and guess what: pneumonia. Boo-ooh, he's so ill.
    Sometimes I'm glad I have 2 sons, and not 5.

I'm in No. 19 for the morning.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

SotD: L´Heure Bleu EdT + Shalimar bodylotion + Shalimar deo. This doas actually work very well. I guess I stay in this during the eve, too!

Happy New Year, all! Gott Nytt År!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Blog Entries

Happy New Years Eve to all!

May the New Year of 2008 bring everyone health, serenity, peace, and enjoyment testing many new frags (and the money to buy them with)

Woke up early this morning still smelling of Une Histoire de Chypre from yesterdays test. This truly has staying power!

Testing this morning Jasmin de Nuit from The Different Company, thank you Chaya :wave: and for this evening it will be my favorite scent L'Heure Bleue to usher in the New Year. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my eyes open to watch the ball drop in Times Square.

Lievje - sending special health vibrations for your other son!
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 31st December 2007 at 10:11 AM.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Ending this year in Encens et Lavande
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Starting off in L'Artisan's Fou d'Absinthe
    Tonight's fragrance I'm not completely sure about yet, but probably Ambre Fétiche (Les Orientalistes) by Annick Goutal.

Have a nice last day of the year! And lievje: I sure hope 2008 will be a healthy one for your family!
    Last edited by BrothaG; 31st December 2007 at 10:31 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Sorry to hear that, lievje, and good vibes for speedy healing to your older son.

Guerlain Philtre d'Amour for a day at work.

For the last day of the year......

Le Parfum de Thérèse
    Wishlist is pointless.

summer means fireflys

I'm scent twins with Riannon :wave: I'm wearing Musc Ravageur today.

have a safe New Years Eve
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 31st December 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

from a sample.

Been a while since I tried this. Remember it was one of my very first niches when I arrived here in September of 2006, even greener than I still am.

I didn't like the way it started out (still don't - on me it's soapy and smells like detergent) and posted that impression. Caught HELL from one very respected BNer - was solaced by another equally respected BNer. And later in the day had to re-post with a rave, 'cause it will eventually settle into a berry-licious musk quite suitable for what promises to be another warm day here at the beach.

(I was so hoping to hear from Sakecat who said she was coming to my town - but I guess she never got my message.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    Today, believe it or not, I am wearing Fracas. Yes, my luscious cargo package FINALLY ARRIVED! Although the solid perfume is weak by comparison to a liquid sprayed on liberally, I keep getting rich wafts of this gorgeous fragrance, and it's making me feel tranquil and happy and warm. Grand!
    PHEW! So glad this arrived, Clemmie!.

This morning I am wearing Shalimar parfum on one wrist and Narcisse Noir on the other.
    Both are competing for my attention. I look sily alternating wrists to nose, wrists to nose...

Later I think I will be in Viva again......it's such a happy friendly warm fragrance.

Tonight, still not sure.

Lievje hope your son is on the mend soon, and let's leave these viruses in the old year...
    here's to a healthier and healthier New Year!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Profumum Fiori d'Ambra

Taolady!
    Mure et Musc Extreme was also one of the very first niche frags I sampled after joining BN. I thought it was pure heaven, it was love at first sniff...I had never heard of 'niche' or L' Artisan before, but I drew the (totally!!!!) wrong conclusion that EVERYTHING niche just had to be awesome, so what did I do? I instantly ordered full bottles of Mure et Musc Extreme, La Chasse aux Papillons and Premier Figuier (the board was all raving about those at the time) from Lusciouscargo. I had never spent such a big sum on one occasion on frags before (still haven' t)
    Some of you know my frustration when it turned out the package never arrived...I emailed Luscious a couple of times, and all they responded with was *sorry to hear that!* I was so mad!!! Later I had the opportunity to sample both La Chasse and Prem Fig, and I didn' t like neither. Not a bit.
    In fact that made me almost glad my package never arrived, because you can imagine how huge my disappointment would have been...
    I still do blind buys, though...

I will wear Fracas to meet the new year.

Happy 2008 everybody!

A special hug to Lievje!!
    Last edited by musse; 31st December 2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Can' t spell
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Back at work today and in Coney Island to keep me awake! Being off work for 2 weeks, I got into a sleep pattern where I'd go to bed at 2am and wake up at 10am. Now I have to be up by 7. Ugh. I didn't manage to get to sleep until gone 1 (I tried, but just couldn't) and then woke up at 5.30 because I couldn't get back to sleep. I feel exhausted.

Prada Infusion d'Iris.
    DONNA

I am wearing Bois de Paradis. It is transcendent. May the new year bring peace and kindness.
    Lievje, I wish your son rest and healing. There is nothing more stressful for a mother.
    DeeOlive, long has been the time when I have been able to stay up until midnight. A combination of aging and working early will drive me into bed early. We will go to the movies and eat some Chinese food. Happy New Year!

You all smell divine for new year's eve. I'm wearing Nuit Noire on one arm and Ambre Narguile on the other. I adore my new little 15ml bottle of AN, but Mona's NN will see me through the year's change later tonight (it is now 2pm in the UK).

I wish a happy and prosperous new year to all on Basenotes.
    Last edited by Sestra; 31st December 2007 at 02:17 PM.

Donna Karan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

DK Men for the last day of the year
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Healing vibes to lievje's son & to lievje as caretaker.
    Wishing all of you a healthy & happy new year.
    SOTD: RP's VISA parfum.

Change of plans.......I'm going with CL's Tumulte Pour Homme. The dry down is fantastic frankincense!
    Last edited by RHM; 31st December 2007 at 02:34 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Fleurs de Citronnier before the gym, may do some sampling after.

lievje, may the new year bring health to you and your sons. You must all be exhausted from this.
    Last edited by pellen; 31st December 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Certainly NOT Arabie.
    No, it's L'Homme Sage this morning and it'll be Black Aoud this evening.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

The fragrance that started it all for me, a gift from my daughter:
    Guerlain's With Love

Gotta run ... back later ... have to help DH move the mailbox beyond the snow zone.

It's L'Heure Bleue edt for day & then Midnight Tryst for watching the ball drop tonight

My SotM is
    Chantecaille Frangipani

will change to my SotE
    to ring in the New Year later,
    but still not sure what that scent is .

Happy New Year dear friends
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Molinard Un Histoire de Chypre, the Aedes exclusive.
    Am I supposed to report on this, or wait until everybody gets their samples?
    I'll post to the thread instead.
    Good luck lievje. At least the doctors know exactly what to do this time.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 31st December 2007 at 03:06 PM.

Sotd was Jicky edt
    Sote is Fracas

Oh, Lievje...
    I'm so sorry !

[I pray that your mail carrier speeds his way to you soon- there should be over 15 surprises in there, plus a tangible kiss !]

I'm loving the new Molinard chypre-but it's too 'springy' for me to do, right now.

I'll go MR with ma peeps, for now- cream and edp.
    Tonight... I dunno.

Oh, Musse- you make me suffer from intense rodent-envy, every day.... Somethin' sultry.
    --------------------------------------
    Oh, Lievje...
    I'm so sorry !

[I pray that your mail carrier speeds his way to you soon- there should be over 15 surprises in there, plus a tangible kiss !]

I'm loving the new Molinard chypre-but it's too 'springy' for me to do, right now.

I'll go MR with ma peeps, for now- cream and edp.
    Tonight... I dunno.
    Somethin' SULTRY !

Oh, Musse- you make me suffer from intense rodent-envy, every day....
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 31st December 2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Went to work in Eau Parfumee au The Rouge... will probably wear Ambre Narguile this evening.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Thanks again, dears, and sorry for this month's bad news.

Chaya, you sweetest lady, I just received a wonderful package! What a beautiful samples and great timing. Thank you, thank you, and big hugs.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Scent of New Year's Eve will be
    Angelique Encens

Time to party and dance the night away.

A great New Year's Eve to you all and take care!
    And of course a special hug to the ones who will have to work. Where would be be without you?

(((Lievje dear))), a kiss and healing vibes to you and your poor son.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

LIEVJE - I wish your son a speedy recovery.Have a little shopping to do this morning so am in my new "shopping" frag BURBERRY BRIT!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Must de Cartier Pour Homme Intense.
    Gary

I spritzed some Folavril on to do my chores around the house before we have a small group of friends and family over to ring in the New Year. Lievje I am so sorry you have another sick child. I wish him a speedy recovery. My youngest daughter was very sick right before Christmas and even though I am a nurse it is terrifying when your own child is ill. All of the calmness and composure I normally have in my job goes out the window and I FREAK OUT!

Happy New Year ! To everyone at Basenotes . Have a safe and wonderful evening

Creed Irisia

I just had a weird experience! I went to the Wit of the Staircase site (recently read the Vanity Fair article on Perfumista blogger Theresa Duncan and her boyfriend Jeremy Blake who committed suicide a few month back) and found two posthumous posts. Granted you can schedule these things to appear, but wow, one was about ghosts and the other about part of a TS Eliot poem "East Coker" from the Four Quartets. Poor sad Theresa.

This year I am grateful for friendship, a sense of connectedness and the joys in my life. I plan to look for silver linings and happy times in 2008.

Today I end the year basking in Love's True Bluish Light.

Poor Lievje, one sick boy was more than enough. Hope this time it's less scary and a quicker recovery.
    Matt smells devastatingly gorgeous today.
    Twolf- do tell, is Philtre worth a mad quest?
    Last night- Tabac Blond. Nothing yet today- barely time to throw on clothes before driving to the airport in the dark. Sent DH to visit his mum and hope she doesn't badger him too badly.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Basenotes Institution

Aegean by Neil Morris right before me and the boyfriend head to the beach!

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

Hugs to Leivje and her sons -- speedy recovery and all good health in 2008!

Today I'm in Hermes Vetiver Tonka. My SOTE tonight is a toss-up between Neil Morris Fragrances Parfum d'Ida ( to Chaya!) or to be scent twins with Sloan in Profumum Fiore d'Ambre.

Here's to a joyous, safe, healthy new year for all!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Ormonde Jayne Tolu for me, from my Santa sample set. It is exactly right for a cold dark new year's eve!

I'm starting the day with Prada edp, and I think my SotE will be Aqaba from a sample vial via LuckyScent. Sense of smell is slowly returning after the cold, still not full throttle though.

Mitsouko EDP. With a little discretion (i.e., not too much), this is a top shelf fragrance for men.

Teddius

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

To end this year it will be Musc Ravageur from a decant as SotE . Bravo Maurice Roucel. Delicious juice.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

summer means fireflys

I decided to wear Ambre Sultan out tonight.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Prada for my SotE, nothing special here to celebrate. Definitely need me a big, no huuuuuge bottle of this in 2008.

Happier New Year to all!

Happy New Year dear friends,
    my SotE is Carnal Flower .
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Staying in, watching the hockey game (go Wings!). Sampling Nocturnes and Fracas.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Sending all the good vibes to all my beloved basenoters.
    Lievje, I hope 2008 will bring you joy and good health.
    Begin my last day of 2007 with Hermes Eau Des Merveilles, celebrated new year count down with Fracas (scent twins with Clemmie and ineespenes)

Just back from sitting TWMAG in Missoni - and adorable DinLaw wants some! Another convert!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Fragrant New Year!

I wanted to go into the New Year with my favorite favorite perfume.....

Alien

Happy New Years Y'all!!!!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

Guerlain Vol de Nuit
    (vintage extrait + EDT)
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

MOONDEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss!!!!!
    (can you tell that I'm not only happy to hear from moondeva, but that some New Year's Eve revelry has occurred?)
    For my SotE I am wearing my very first full bottle love, Trouble. Man, it's good.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

For the eve I changed to Chanel No 19 parfum.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

My Sote.....Creeds M I.
    Gary