Code of Conduct

Default I miss Serena...Which are your favorite Ava Luxes?

Having spent the day in Viva yesterday, and with 2007 coming to a close, I find myself missing Serena. I enjoyed browsing her site, which was so descriptive and tantalizing. She is a very talented young woman and I sampled quite a few of her creations and responded to most. Here are a few of my favorites. Which ones are yours?

Madame X...my soul scent from this house. It is a sensuous, womanly scent that wraps about you. Beautifully complex, I like its warm evolution. I think this scent turned me on to labdanum.

Viva: I first tried this in the body lotion and was delighted with it. Sweet, but not too sweet. Ylang ylang with a bit of coconut and the drydown is rather musky. A friendly scent. Not seductive. Just very approachable and happy.

Love's True Bluish Light
    . I see this one as my daughter's signature scent. I get vanilla and musk from this one. It's another very warm and inviting fragrance. Whenever I wore it myself, I always received compliments. I enjoyed it most when my daughter wore it, as I can only wear sweeter scents occasionally. But this one is a beauty. Sort of like a cousin to Angel, but less demanding.

Rasa: dirty rose. I love that dirty rose. This one makes me feel like a hippie chick. I will always associate it with my trip to Woodstock and up the Hudson Valley this summer. Rasa and Bandit were my scents for the trip and it was MAD COOL.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: I miss Serena...Which are your favorite Ava Luxes?

I had such plans for an Ava-Luxe order after sampling about 20 of them. My favorites are Loves True Bluish Light, No.23. Golden Amber, Ambra Tibet, Violet, and Loukhoum.

I miss her too...sniffle!

You've described some of my favourites too. I wouldn't be without Madame X, Rasa or Love's True Bluish Light. I also adore Gardenia Musk. I find it very uplifting and happy. I suspect I'd like Viva if I tried it too.
    Recently I've fallen in love with her limited edition Christmas scent, Madeline. It's like smokey fruit cake. I love it!

She's got eight scents listed on Etsy and I think she'll fill orders for others if pm'ed.

I'm jonesing for Cafe Noir and Film Noir in addition to a bunch you guys have already mentioned........and Tuberose Diabolique....

OK. Who's gonna storm the castle.....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I miss her too...sniffle!

You've described some of my favourites too. I wouldn't be without Madame X, Rasa or Love's True Bluish Light. I also adore Gardenia Musk. I find it very uplifting and happy. I suspect I'd like Viva if I tried it too.
    Recently I've fallen in love with her limited edition Christmas scent, Madeline. It's like smokey fruit cake. I love it!
    I love Gardenia Musk too. I was planning on buying a bottle of that, but I left it too long...dammit.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I really liked the Tuberose Diabolique sample I tried...it was in the package I got just before she shut up shop.

One thing I'll miss when it's gone is my Madame X body butter. That stuff is fabulous.

As someone new to Ava Luxe, I am especially wistful. I have and love Madame X. Shisha is warm and sweet. But there are so many more that I would have wished to try. Does Serena have plans to return?

I also miss her site. I tried many of her samples, and bought a bottle of the Midnight Violet parfum essence. I was planning on purchasing a bttl. of LTBL and was considering Gardenia Musk as well before she went off-line.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

In the meantime the house gathers a cult following and legendary status, and the prices will soar. I hope you all find your holy grails without too much hassle.

Incense Tibet
    No.23
    Love's True Bluish Light
    Milk
    I wish she'd re-open!

Sestra, my friend-

I doubt Serena would make prices soar- that's not what motivates her.
    She needs regroup time, and time to ask herself what she needs.

I've come to feel as if she is a very precious, beautiful daughter...like one I never had ; I feel very close to her, through communications, for lots of reasons.
    If you want something, email her site at etsy and request- she'll do her best.

What do I love of hers ?
    Besides her humor, sweetness, and fey charm ?

Madame X, Ambra Tibet, Royal Parvati, Palisander, Shisha, Moss, Midnight Violet, all her ambers,Silk, Milk, Kretek....
    Let's just say, that it's remarkable that anyone under the age of 30 could be so talented.

AND- as usual- NO ONE PAYS ME, LOL !
    Like Cartman, only paraphrased [South Park, a madcap US cartoon] :
    "Whatever, whatever, I say what I want..."

I know we're all disappointed.
    Me, too.

But for Serena, it's about sanity, not money or fame.

Chaya, you are, as ever, a gem.

When Serena is back in business I will order a sample of Love's True Bluish Light, one I never got with my many other samples several months ago. I won't order as a special favour because she needs her time out and should be given it. Best wishes to her.

Well Serena just rocks!
    Her scents reflect this too .

I love all her fragrances I've tried
    but the ones I would LOVE-love-LoVe
    full bottles of are:
    No.23, Ambra Tibet, Shisha, and Milk
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Wow, she is under 30? She's a prodigy! And yes, I figured she was taking a break to regroup. I just hope she returns stronger than ever, when she chooses to. Hers is a talent that should not be left bottled up (pun intended) for too long.

I bought quite a few ALs last year, favorites are LTBL, Nude Musk, Roses, Rasa (not the extreme), Incense Tibet, Incence Rose, and charry Incense Noir.

I miss the site alot, but can see how it could become overwhelming and exhausting.

I just discovered AL and now it's gone....................
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

I was able to obtain a bottle of my favroite, Kama, before Serena took her Ava Luxe site offline. My one regret is not ordering a large bottle of my second favorite, Ambra Tibet. A well balanced blend of Tibetan amber, cardamon, Madagascar vanilla, ambergris, civet. Serena does civet exceedingly well and blends the note with artistry in Kama and Ambra Tibet.

I have been taking inventory of my wardrobe in preparation for 2008 and clearing out some samples. If you have a serious craving for one of your favorites listed below, I have remaining quantities of some deluxe 5ml samples that are free to a good home. The amounts are my best guess. Some have only been sprayed less than 4 times. PM if you want any of the following and I'll send them on the way.

Kretek 4ml *adopted*
    Kama Xtreme 4ml *adopted*
    Incense Rose 2-3ml *adopted*
    Bohemian Rose 3-ml *adopted*
    Shisha 3-4ml *adopted*
    Amber Essence 3-4ml *adopted*
    Midnight Violet *adopted*
    Madame X 4ml *adopted*
    Fire Wood 4ml *adopted*
    Film Noir 4ml *adopted*
    No.23 2-3ml
    Fire Wood 4ml

Update 02Jan2008 Since my original post, many of these have been adopted and found new homes.
    Last edited by Sloan; 3rd January 2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: updated availability

Its been a while now... where is she???
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Its been a while now... where is she???
    You can find her at etsy AVALUXE, where she sells her jewelry and a few of her scents!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Madame X is a staple in my wardrobe. I just bought another bottle on etsy.com last week. Her white chocolate musk was to die for! Kama...fantastic animalitic. LTBL is, too, a favorite of mine. It seems like AL was really gaining in popularity; I was very suprised to see the site shut down.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

If Serena re-opens her shop, I will definately order Tuberose Diabolique. One for myself and another for a male friend who stole my sample

Midnight Violets, Red Tara, and Stargazer.

She does put things up pretty frequently on etsy, and it is possible to contact her through etsy and make requests. She made me a body butter of Midnight Violets and I feel like one pampered lady when I use it.

MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK
    I was pretty obsessed with this right before she shut down the site, and the only reason I'm not now is that I have rationed myself. If I allow myself even a sniff I'll go nuts. I will soon be begging her by email to make me the biggest bottle of extrait she can muster. That is New Year's resolution number one (way before eat less chocolate.)

I also love:
    Film Noir
    Madame X
    Rasa Extreme (though I REALLY hated it at first)
    Ingenue
    and
    Heart of Glass (which I barely sniffed but can't get out of my mind)
    Last edited by pellen; 1st January 2008 at 07:05 AM.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

I so wanted to try Milk and Vamp...
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~

Lookingglass-

You can !
    Just give her a jingle on etsy...
    She'll put some up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Lookingglass-

You can !
    Just give her a jingle on etsy...
    She'll put some up for you.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up! I thought there were only going to be random listings on there.

Big fan of her No. 23, Ambra Tibet, Madame X, Shambala Tibet and Incense Tibet.

No. 23, Ambra Tibet and Madame X are on my full bottle list.

I know (last I checked) she was selling Madame X on etsy. I figure I'd just check into the site on occasion to see what she has up at that moment.

She's given us such a gift - best to let her do her thing as she needs to.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Madame X, Madame X and Madame X.

I even bought a backup bottle of the parfum when I found out she was taking a breather.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I spoke (wrote) to Serena on Etsy yesterday and she is still making her fabulous fragrances.
    Below is the link to the ETSY site - if your fragrance is not listed - she will make it for you.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5190413

I am already thinking about getting Gardenia Musk, Venus Sands and Rasa.
    I already own and love full bottles of Rose, LTBL, Madame X, No. 23 and Incense Noir. Plus about 20 5ml deluxe samples.
    Truly there is NOTHING like an Ava Luxe for the pure artistry that goes into perfume blending. (Obviously a HUGE fan!)
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

I'm pretty sure she's working with Oliver Creed on our wedding fragrance.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I have been jealously guarding my Ava Luxe samples and one of my New Year's Resolutions is to test each one thoroughly and make notes, then perhaps place an order through etsy. She was such a nice person to deal with and the perfumes are so well-made it's hard to imagine she was just a one-woman band working on her perfumery and her jewellery designs at the same time.
    Small wonder she needs a break.
    I think that if she takes time out it might enable her to look at how to organise her business to enable her to do all she wants to without driving herself too hard. Maybe she'll be able to employ someone to help her. It would be wonderful to see her back. I just hope the constant stream of orders from addicted Basenoters isn't too off-putting for her!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 6th January 2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: cuz I speeled thangs wrawng
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Just thought everyone might like to know that she's got quite a bit listed on Etsy right now. (Minus a bottle of Madame X and a bottle of Heart of Glass. )
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Quote Originally Posted by pellen View Post
    Just thought everyone might like to know that she's got quite a bit listed on Etsy right now. (Minus a bottle of Madame X and a bottle of Heart of Glass. )
    You're SUCH a sweetie !
    Didn't I just haul my very naughty behind over there, to get me some Roses and Frangipani...
    WHY ?

Thanks pellen! The lonely bottle of Madeline has found a new home also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Enjoy, LIB! I love Madeline. It's definitely a gourmand, but quite an oddball one - smoke and stollen, at least that's how it smells to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Enjoy, LIB! I love Madeline. It's definitely a gourmand, but quite an oddball one - smoke and stollen, at least that's how it smells to me.
    That's so funny !
    You're a pistol, dear lady...