Code of Conduct

Thread: Black Aoud Envy

Default Black Aoud Envy

All this talk of Black Aoud gave me some serious fragrance envy, so I just ordered a sample from Luckyscent - of course I couldn't stop at one, got Aoud Lime, Caraceni, and a few others.

Anyway, it won't be arriving for a week or so, so in the meantime, I've improvised, with Poor Man's Black Aoud...

Equal parts M7 and Ungaro III - the only aoud and only rose frags I own (unless I borrow my wife's Christmas present, Une Rose!). It's actually working very well so far. I'm sure it's nothing like Black Aoud, but it sure is a bit of fun!

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Black Aoud Envy

I know how these 'eulogising' threads can affect the mind.
    Most of the following blind purchases have been the result of such threads..

Rose 31
    Montale Black Aoud
    Montale Aoud Lime
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Millesime Imperial
    Bond Wall Street
    Bond Hampton

Black Aoud is phenomenal stuff, though i find it quite similar to most of the other Montale rose fragrances. I quite like Rose 31, which also goes in the same direction as that of Black Aoud.

gupts

Does Black Oud have any tea notes?
    I just sprayed some an hour ago and I am smelling tea?
    Or can the agarwood smell like tea?

Also is there much variability with Montale Black Oud from batch to batch?

Hmmm.. I bought Vercase Crystal Noir despite it being labelled as a feminine scent.. and it smells like a dark rose blended with a little spices amongst other things.. and yeah I smell some tea in it as well.

Needless to say, I love it :P

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather