Code of Conduct

Default Diesel fuel for life

What do you think of it? I love it and I'm a chick. I like the way it smells on me! Has anyone smelled it, or have reccomendations on something I would like if I like the way this smells on me? Thanks.
    --------------------------------------
    Sorry nevermind guyz. This is proof that I am clueless. Upon drydown it is way way too sweet. Seems I've had this problem before. Guess I should take a hint.
    Last edited by sameasalways; 1st January 2008 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

Default Re: Diesel fuel for life

In my catagory of one of the best fragrances for men launched in 2007.

I loved the way it smelled until about 20-30 minutes later when all I could smell was sweetness. Any suggestions? I really did love the first part of it

Unhappy Re: Diesel fuel for life

I got a tester of Diesel Fuel for Life and when I tried it, I found out I really did not like this scent! It was way too sweet for me, but the main problem was the anise note. I do not like anise as a note and I could still smell anise 12 hours after I put Fuel for Life on .

I"m not educated on perfume/cologne enough to understand or know what the cause of the sweetness is in various scents therefore I do not know how to stay away from ones that will inherently not work with me. If that makes sense. I don't know what it is that makes the Diesel so sweet on me. Totally right though. I sprayed it on yesterday and its still embedded in my sweater. Atleast I don't get as bad of a dry down (the sweetness factor) from it when its on my sweater (vs my skin).

well, personally that scent was not pleasant to me from the beginning to the end.....however to the "chic" who created this thread, no idea why but younger females in general seem to adore this fragrance.....since for that one day i wore it I got as many compliments on it as anything I have ever worn in my life.....maybe the anise note is the aphrodisiac for the female?...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I think this stuff is certainly one of the better releases of 2007. Sure, it's "young" and a bit on the sweet side - and not to mention quite linear - but the few samples I wore left me feeling this was something special (plus it seems to garner a pretty positive reaction from the ladies).

I'll probably end up getting a bottle sometime soon down the road once I can find a good deal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    .....maybe the anise note is the aphrodisiac for the female?...
    I think studies have suggested that this is actually true.

And in my personal experience, this is confirmed. Rive Gauche>Anise>Crazy compliments, bites, etc.

Also I was in a L'Occitane shop trying out their mens fragrances-- there was a married woman standing there who was observing me and she decided that she was going to help me decide which one was the best. I tried 3 different ones-- more or less she liked them-- but then I put some Eau du Badian (which is extreme anise) on my skin and she went bonkers. It was like a switch in her brain had been flipped. She practically went limp!

Anything I have that contains anise has been well received by women.

I tried the Diesel Fuel for Life on a card and was really underwhelmed. It smelled like typical department store fragrance to me. Now I really wish I'd gotten a sample or tried it on my skin. I want to try it again.

Basenotes Institution

This fragrance has been discussed numerous times here on Basenotes sameasalways here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=198377
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=198671
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199468

I didn't like it. However I liked the Womens Fuel for Life. Go figure.

I also say this is one of the best scents launched in 2007.
    Gary

Diesel fuel for life = Truck driver's professional jackpot.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I had a refund card at Macy's, so I picked this up on Saturday. I've worn it twice now.

Sunday, I only wore 3 or 4 sprays and it disappeared rather quickly.

Today I went with 6 shots and that seems right. Very nice tonic for a freezing cold (for Georgia) day. It's sweet and very linear.

Speaking of anise, I wore L'Artisan's Fou de Absinthe on New Year's Eve and I really liked it, as did my wife. She went on about it. Definitely a keeper.
    --------------------------------------
    One more note on this: It's more suited for casual wear than work. Here at mid-afternoon, I wish I had worn something else. The sweetness is a little much for work. For the weekend, fire away.
    Last edited by ChuckW; 2nd January 2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I like Fuel for Life.....it is a very young scent though so you really have to like sweet scents because it is a sweet scent.