Default SotD Saturday 6 September

Good morning!

SL Iris Silver Mist for me.

Have a wonderful weekend, all.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 6 September

Chanel: Platinum Égoiste for S'nS

La Prairie's SILVER RAIN for this month's S'n'S!

Green Irish Tweed

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin for the SnS.
    How's that Silver Rain going, Dimi?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

For Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, the 'Opposite Gender Frag'

When I was young, I 'borrowed' my fathers fragrance. Somehow that scent became something wonderful on the skin of a sixteen year old girl.
    It was his signature scent.

When he died, I took the last bottle I gave him with me and there it stayed in a drawer, untouched.
    Maybe I should have chosen something different today but I followed my instinct.

Habit Rouge

Back in time, where I was his young daughter.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Combining sniff-and-speak and sampling by -finally- coming around to trying Jicky.
    Very... fuzzy. Well-rounded. Abstract, almost. Can't quite seem to put it in words, so far.

Basenotes Plus

Vettiveru, picked by Taolady in Pick my SotD! Thanks for the suggestion
    I love cologne.

Oh, Rhiannon !
    How beautiful.

I'm a-Jicky-in' for SnS.
    It's lovely, and pong-y all at once.
    Hope they don't hate it at work, tee-hee !

Now I can tell you all, you sweet thangs-
    Mama got a job selling frags for Chanel, as a freelancer !
    Between this and nursing, I'll be full-time employed, and buzzzzzy.

I will be in the Boston Neiman's, in Cambridge-
    And, with the grace of God- at the Boutique [ where I'd loooooove to sell the pants off of Sycomore...].

I've never been paid, for all the fun stuff I've done , behind the scenes,. for years-
    Now's my chance; not paid much, mind- but it's a start.

Make it a good one, my dears !

Wonderful choice, dear R. I wore it yesterday and think it's probably Guerlain's finest for men (and special women).

A beautiful, happy sun outside made me go for Diptyque's L'Ombre dans L'Eau
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

SnS Third Man by Caron, but I haven't done ay speaking yet because I need to wake up still.

For the S'n'S I'm in Chanel's Egoiste.I thought about wearing a male scent I've never tried before,but chickened out since I'm off to work soon. Hope you all have a nice day

Sote : Le baiser du dragon edp. Managed to get some drops of the edp mini on my lips after trying to open the bottle too hasty
    Last edited by ineespenes; 6th September 2008 at 11:17 PM.

Chaya for Chanel !!!

Congratulations, I think they will want you for the Boutique within weeks.

Now, let's celebrate. Ehrm....cake???

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Basenotes Plus

Hello, divine smelling ones!

Chaya - Big congrats, dear! Yes, Chaya 'n Chanel is a match made in heaven xxxooo
    Riannon - I LOOOOVE that cake!!! Here's some bubbly to go with:

Another in Guerlain,
    Heritage, for today's SnS.

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Great news Chaya! Congrats!

Jicky extrait for today (will be the end of my small decant...)

How gorgeous Riannon!

Yay congrats Chaya!!! Chanel is lucky to have you work for them!

Baking gooey brownies (now dripping with icing - how typical of me... *nom nom*) and wearing BITP Cherish after transferring it from a roll-on to an atomiser. Yummy, sweet, trashy scent - their dupe of Vanilla Bean Noel mixed with strawberry. Some call it sickly sweet but I like it
    Last edited by jillsy; 6th September 2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

oops, the SnS fell off my radar, so I begin the day in Fleur d'Oranger, but will explore some manly scents this afternoon.

Chaya, CONGRATS! that is wonderful news! fun fun fun

for later, I may end up in Jicky,
    but I have Third Man, Antaeus, (YEOW) Quercus, dregs of the beloved Habit Rouge, .... what to do, what to do?
    samples of Plat Egoiste...
    Last edited by rtamara41; 6th September 2008 at 11:35 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Congrats to Chaya!!! Better still - congrats to Chanel for grabbing her!!

For me, today's S'n'S is a grand excuse to slip into the glorious...

...that Mario sicced us on. Five stars in The Guide. "...affable, slightly vulgar, completely unpretentious, and overall just delicious." and "the finest aromatic ever"...this quickly became my near-favoritest fougere. (Fougere Bengale has top spot - am saving it for tonight!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Exactly my thoughts, Miss Tao -- Chanel is lucky to have Chaya work for them. Congratulations, Chanel!

Caron PUH.

Chaya & Chanel ~ I LOVE IT! Huge congrats to both parties!

Givenchy's Organza Harvest 2005 (with the gorgeous jasmine!) today!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Cuiron for today's S&S.

Congrats Chaya! It sounds like a perfect job for you.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Eau d'Italie Sienne l'Hiver

Congratulations on the job, Chaya!

I'm in Un Parfum de Charmes et Feuilles by The Different Company today (one of my, ehem, souvenirs from the Chicago trip... seems silly that I bought a non-US perfume, but at least the other one was from Fresh. ).

Perhaps the name of this scent contains a hint, but on first whiff, I was utterly charmed by this. For me, it's one of those you want to smell more of and spray liberally. Stunning, green-herbal opening, chypre-style floral and a gorgeous Jasmine note. Mm-mm-mm!
    Last edited by Nukapai; 6th September 2008 at 01:35 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Gender Bender Cabochard as SotD. Dark and mysterious. Leather and greenery.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hooray Chaya!!!! :bounce::bounce:

Hopefully, you can parlay that into a full-time gig and start nursing us all with scent!

Life is too short to not do the things you love. And you are so highly respected within this community I am surprised that this hasn't happened before. All things with time, I guess....

Wearing Carthusia Uomo for SnS this morning, courtesy of SMM.

Because Uomo is Italian for Man, right?
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

I'm wearing Calvin Klein's Obsession for Men for the opposite-gender Sniff 'n Speak. It's sweet amber & vanilla - a bit boozy. I think I'll wear it more often. It's a perfect stay indoors rainy day scent.

Have a good day everybody!

Coriolan - Guerlain

Congratulations to Chaya for her new job! I hope I can come there sometime! I would buy something from you!

Today I will wear Creed Royal English Leather for the Sniff-n-Speak 'Opposite Gender Frag' day!

Yes my ScentSister Uomo is Italian for Man.
    Woo and Hoo for Chaya 1. I am so happy for you I know how much this means to you.
    It's going to be fun to visit an SA who knows what she's talking about.
    I'm still in Minnesota and for today's SnS I"m wearing:

Tom Ford Black Orchid

I don't think I understand how they classify scents as male or female. This one feels very unisex to me.
    More in the SnS thread.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Guerlain Vetiver for me - one of the few male scents left in my collection after giving a bunch of samples to my brother to try. I hung on to this as it was launched the year I was born, and because I would like to train my nose to appreciate vetiver more!

Yay CHAYA! Congratulations on the new job. Selling perfumes would be awsome!

For S&S this morning, I wear my favorite male scent, ROYAL ENGLISH LEATHER. I love to wear this to bed occasionally in the winter. It's very warm and comforting to me.

Have a great weekend all!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Vintage Chloe

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

EVERYBODY BE SURE TO POST YOUR S'N'S IN THAT THREAD, TOO, SO IT CAN BE REFERENCED IN THE FUTURE. thank you

Congrats, Chaya! Had the feeling you were working toward something like that.

Riannon, I can imagine what depth Habit Rouge must have for you. We are all touched. Thank you for sharing.

It's posts like these from you kids that start the day so meaningfully.
    Wearing BY Dolce & Gabbana Man. Will write about it in S'n'S.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Dior Homme for today's SnS.

Congratulations Chanel! You've made an excellent choice. Kudo's to our Chaya!
    So Chaya.....does this mean we'll have the insiders scoop on all things Chanel? Such as...what's up with #19?
    Love ya, honey!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Wow, chaya, that's fabulous news.
    Let me know when you get to the boutique so I can buy Les Exclusifs from you.
    Today, in celebration of your new job, I wear Chanel No. 19.

Today's SotD for Sniff 'n Speak is:

Divine L'Homme Sage

Notes: saffron, mandarin, cardamom, lychee, aromatic woods, immortelle (or everlasting flower), patchouli, oak moss, amber, incense (from luckyscent)

When I wear it, I smell licorice in the top notes, even though it is not listed. It develops much as a typical fougere, and is quite pleasant. However, I do not see it as all that unusual except for the amazing top notes which are dry, herbal and rooty.

Sur la Plage

For Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday

Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue (women's version)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For SnS - I'm wearing Hermes, Jardin Sur Le Nil
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Was it Night who posed the question once, if one is wearing a "Male Fragrance," should one post on the Male Fragrance Discussion board for SotD (Scent of the Day) or on the Female Fragrance Discussion board? I think their consensus over there was it was okay to post on the Male Fragrance board, since it was a male scent. So for those swapping today, are we supposed to post over there instead? Logistics logistics!

I'm in Yatagan *and* Sud Est today. It's nice. I feel like I've fallen into a patch of rosemary, jasmine, and celery, and decided to roll around in there for a while before climbing out.

Or maybe I'm smelling celery because I chopped some for lunch. . . .
    Last edited by Aiona; 6th September 2008 at 04:45 PM.

Chaya, what a glorious adventure awaits! Heartfelt congratulaitons! Please keep us posted on what it is like, etc.

for S'n'S, I wear:
    JICKY! JICKY! JICKY! I imagine the chanting of the passionate get louder and louder as a wonderful jickyesque haze rises from the earth and heads out to seduce other planets.

I'm in TERRE D'HERMES for SnS Saturday. Just for the morning, though. Will switch to a feminine for a party this evening. Since it's a celebration for a hula sister's wedding anniversary, I'll probably go "islandy" and choose PUNONO, by Saffron James.

Wishing all a happy Saturday!

L'Artisan's Fou d'Absinthe for SnS.

Congrats Chaya!

Congratulations, Chaya!

Following nenugal's suggestion, I'm wearing Dior Addict 2 + shimmering body lotion today. It's another sparkling grapefruit scent for me warms up nicely in the heat.
    Sniff and let sniff.

For September SnS, wearing:

on the left wrist, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
    on the right wrist, Washington Tremlett Royals Heroes

...wrote a couple notes in the SnS Saturdays thread...
    Have a great Saturday!

Riannon, I hope the Habit Rouge reminds you of wonderful times with your father.

Chaya, how very very exciting, especially with Chanel (my new favorite house after trying some of the Exclusifs yesterday for the first time). It sounds like a wonderful counterbalance to nursing. I can't wait to hear how the adventure unfolds.

SotD: Bulgari Blu. I wimped out on the Grey Flannel or Drakkar Noir because I'm going to be in close quarters with others today and tonight, but when I get home, I'm picking one of those fougeres for SotN.

Oh, and regarding Mousson (seems like the SotD threads keep getting locked earlier and earlier). . . I didn't really like it when I tried it yesterday. It smells melony out of the gate--not my favorite scent--although the accompanying ginger is nice. Then it smells like cucumber seeds and cold spices. I think I get what JCE was trying to do, and I'm not sure Chandler Burr's one-star assessment was fair, but it's not for me, unlike Nil and Mediterranee.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by Schachman View Post
    For SnS - I'm wearing Hermes, Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Very nice choice Schachman! That's one of my favorites!!

Basenotes Institution

Joy (the EdT) by Jean Patou (first time from a sample - thanks artisankey)

Amazing juice...this afternoon I'm gonna try the Eau de Parfum. Off to the movies with my 10 yr old niece!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th September 2008 at 06:58 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Scent 2 for SnS - the boyfriend's Fahrenheit

See the SnS thread.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

:bounce:Mazal tov, Chaya1!!!!!:bounce:

Chanel sure is lucky to have you.

Suppose I'm going to have to buy those silly huge bottles of Sycamore, Bois des Iles, 31 Rue de Cambon and Coromandel from you now, aren't I? Anyone who wants bottle splits, since there's no way even *I* can go through those big bottles, PM me, please.

Riannon, what a beautiful tribute to your dad. May you have beautiful scent memories wearing something of his.

SOTD: Wearing two of my favorite men's scents for today's SnS: Gucci Envy Men on one side and Aramis Havana on the other.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 6th September 2008 at 07:31 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Wearing lots of frags because I went testing and one of those is....Jicky! So I suppose I'm covered, literally, for SnS too! The other scents include Coco, Lolita Lempicka, Anglomania, Bryant Park (love these), West Side, Rose Poivree, Hot Couture again, Ombre Rose and Flowerbomb. Took a trip to Edinburgh and was chatting to the best SA I've met so far, Jane, in Harvey Nichols. She's helpful, knowledgeable, not at all condescending and a great asset to the store. I was also left to browse at my leisure so thumbs up for Harvey Nichols. I will return to buy from there. In Jenners however I had the strangest experience when I went to pick up three mouillettes (spelling?) to test some Caron frags on display. The SA, who was quite happy to dish out Donna Karan Gold and Sean John Unforgivable samples to everyone, including myself, suddenly and quite alarmingly became very protective of these paper strips. "You can't use them", she reproached, "they're for Aramis only, put them down. The company only supply those to be used for Aramis" Well, that was me told wasn't it! Paper strips with 'Aramis' printed on them are valued at a premium in Jenners while they're practically throwing samples at customers! Overall big thumbs down for Jenners. Anglomania and Bryant Park have been added to my wishlist. Fun day and managed to visit the National Gallery too.

I splashed on Azuree Soleil today. I've had some problems appreciating this in the past, but it smelled wonderful on me from the start today. Maybe it's the weather. It's very humid, warm and rainy. In the past this has smelled too sharp and I've avoided wearing it. Today it smells aromatic and soothing.

SotD was BULGARI BLACK
    SotE is Ava Luxe MADAM X

SotE = Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris. I thoroughly enjoyed wearing my husband's Obsession today. I'll probably wear it again sometime.

Have a nice evening!

We are back from our Cuban vacation
    which was fabulous! Sunny every day!
    The ocean was warm, full of big waves
    and incredibly beautiful!
    Our resort was a dream!!!
    Oasis Brisas del Caribe
    So after a nearly full week of no scents
    other than my sunscreen, I'm wearing
    Davidoff • Goodlife Woman
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Eau de L'Eau by Diptyque from a sample as SotE. Holds close and deepens after about an hour. Clove, cinnamon, ginger, pink peppercorns, geranium, lavender, orange blossom, Benzoin balm, tonka bean and patchouli.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

A fantastic new love, Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao.

I'm just an SA freelance, babes !
    Part-time, but I hope to put a good face on Chanel- more hands-on than stand-offish....

I'm thrilled tat your enthusiasm !!!

Off to bed- it was nuts chez MGH.
    Love you !

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    A fantastic new love, Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao.
    I love that one also Tovah, it doesn't get very good reviews but it is definately one of those that grows on you.

Congratulations Chaya I am holding out now to buy 31 Rue Cambon and Coromondel until I can call up the boutique and order them from you!

Today I wore Estee Lauder Private Collection Teuberose Gadenia and I think I love it .

Congrats, Chaya, sounds like you will have a blast.

For SnS, I wore Eau Sauvage in the am and Platinum Egoiste in the pm, all from hubby's side.

congratulations Chaya!
    I hope you get good discounts??
    My local Chanel boutique sometimes can get those special bottles of parfums that no one else can get... I know the manager, and she has gotten a couple in especially for me - maybe you have access too.

Other gender fragrance for me is Terre d'Hermes.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407