Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I bought... (January, 2008)

To reward myself for not getting into too much trouble in 2007, I went into the Giorgio Armani store today (yes, everything opens in HK) sniffed all the Privé walked out with a bottle of:
    Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste
    (((it was love at the first sniff)))

Default Re: Today I bought... (January, 2008)

Now don't you shake my resolve too much, Coconut!
    I am trying to be much more frugal this year and use up some of what I have (I have enough for 100 years)
    I need a breather from spending.

Because I''ve been such a good girl this year I bought:

Sun, Moon Stars by Lagerfeld = Saw this at Marshalls for 9.99 and got it. I like it. A little tart but sweet (to my untrained nose) and the bottle is cute.

Cabotine by de Gres = Strong opening, not my scent, returning it (7.99)

Oxygene by Lanvin = I really like this. Simple, clean, non-offensive (I think). (12.00)

I wish the directory was open because I would love to find out what the notes are on these.

And there went my January splurge money but I'm happy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
    Carl Jung
    Swiss psychologist (1875 - 1961)

Placed an order with Serena for a great big bottle of Milk parfum extract. Yippeeee!!!!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Well 2007 went out with a scent buying frenzy for me Musc Bleu (Il Profumo), Amouage Gold (men) a selection of decants, including Eau and Elixir des Merveilles (Hermes), Noir Epice (Frederic Malle), Lipstick Rose (Frederic Malle), Profumum Fiori d'Ambra, Sensuelle Russie (Esteban) and a whole mess of samples.

Sworn to be good in 2008, now that I have enough perfume to last the next decade.

I believe I will reduse my perfume-addiction this year...

Today I sniffed around the best shop in my part of my country. I was dissapointed because many frags are taken away. I guess the shop is taking in trend-perfumes, and no longer hold all the good marks. At least I got a sniff of Joy, Bulgari Femme and Prada Infusion d´Iris. All where nice, but I didn´t bought them.

Only one buy: Chanel No 19 EdP 50 mL. My fourth bottle of this fume. It is not a big seller in the stores, so I am a bit worried this one also will dissapeare. I need the bottle, as well. Have a 35 mL of No 19 EdP in my handbag, and now the 50 mL in my perfume cabinet.

Now I am comparing my three samples with No 19. Guess who is the most beautiful on my skin...?
    Last edited by Margareta; 2nd January 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

50ml bottle of Guerlain's LIGHTS OF CHAMPS ELYSEES...here is a review by Scented Salamander:
    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...1/post_35.html

50ml of Angel, blind buy. Checking to see if it lives up to the hype.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

Oh, dear, I should take it slower with perfumes this year with fumes...

I am off work for a couple of days...

Today I found some older Rochas-perfumes in a store I haven´t visited for over a year. I tested Femme and Madame Rochas, and the secound one was great on my skin. So, here I am, with a 30 mL bottle of Madame Rochas EdT.

I do like it, and it shal be fun to get to know it. It is a foral-aldehydic from 1960, and I do remember it from my childhood. Some of my friend´s mothers owned it.
    Last edited by Margareta; 3rd January 2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

*mis-post*
    Last edited by tang; 3rd January 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    ...I am trying to be much more frugal this year and use up some of what I have (I have enough for 100 years)
    Me too. So I've only invested in New Haarlem and Serendipitous (so far) with Kadota breathing down my neck (and it's all YOUR fault! ) And it's only January third!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Talking Re: Today I bought... (January, 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Me too. So I've only invested in New Haarlem and Serendipitous (so far) with Kadota breathing down my neck (and it's all YOUR fault! ) And it's only January third!!
    I DO love Kadota! It is such a ripe earthy fig. My daughter has it on her birthday list.

It amazes me how frugal I feel having bought nothing this year, but when I think of it as three little days it doesn't seem so thrifty. If only I can keep it up. I know when I start buying again I will fall back into my "what's one more bottle" mode.

I did go to Nordstroms to sample the new Vivara, but fortunately I was "armed" with a spray of vintage parfum. I left contented with my original juice.

Sometime this month I may venture into NYC and visit Aedes to try the new Molinard and make a pit stop at nearby Le Labo.

Used my 15% off coupon at PerfumeCourt to get 1ounce of En Avion parfum

Blog Entries

Well, this is cheating (kind of) - I ordered these right before the New Year came in, so have not broken my New Years resolution - but found the boxes on the front porch a few minutes ago - they must have come yesterday while I was doing frozen pipe damage control here.

Have not opened to sniff yet:

3 Hermes - Hiris EdT, Caleche EdP and 24 Faubourg EdP.

From Caron Boutique - Farnesiana EdP - wow what packaging - beautiful drawstring silver and creme bag and oodles of samples I don't have - L'Anarchiste (for men) Lady Caron EdP, Pour un Homme de Caron EdT, Pour une Femme de Caron EdP, Miss Rocaille EdT, Muguet and a few I do - Aimez Moi, Nuit de Noel, Bellodgia & Fleurs de Rocaille.

I will now behave for at least 6 months
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Set of Mini Fragrances (4 5ml bottles) from Penhaligon's. They are offering a Women's set and Men's set at 50% off right now on their website. $25 per set. Blenheim Bouquet, Opus 1870, Endymion & Quercus, and Lily & Spice, Malabah, Elenisia and Artemisia. Also requested samples of Castile, Hammam Bouquet and Elizabethan Rose.

My baby steps into the world of Penhaligon's. My first purchase for 2008.
    I am pleased.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 5th January 2008 at 03:48 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

10 mLs each of Heart of Glass and Madame X parfum. In the blink of an eye.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

1oz Or Noir by Pascal Morabito
    I wish the wardrobe link was working, I need to adjust my wishlist...it's getting smaller.

who smelled the new Armani Privé EDT (not the black bottles with the stone on the top)...The glass bottles...two new Armani Privé...Babylon Vetiver (this one is sooo nice and wonderful) and Rose blabla

Coco I so envy you for that bottle of
    Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste,
    but I just have a hunch that I too will
    own one soon . Huge love for me!!!

My first fragrant purchase of the year is
    Brulure de Rose by Parfumerie Generale
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Last night on eBay I bought a tiny vintage bottle of parfum strength Carven Ma Griffe, for the Buy it Now price of only $3.99. The seller has 35 sealed boxed bottles to sell, she bought them 26 years ago as wedding favors.

I remember sniffing this from a magazine insert as a teen, I thought it was so sophisticated and the green and white stripes so chic.

Promised myself NOT to buy more fragrances in a while...But today I bought Nahema edp ....and it's a blindebuy :P but judging by the notes(and my other scents,I think it might be perfect....
    Last edited by ineespenes; 9th January 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Now don't you shake my resolve too much, Coconut!
    I am trying to be much more frugal this year and use up some of what I have (I have enough for 100 years)
    Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste is too hard for me to resist.
    Zibeline, I have also broke my new year resolution, that is to stop buying so many bottles. I am planning to pass my collection to my great grand-children if I can’t finish them in my lifetime, ha ha ha…

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
    Coco I so envy you for that bottle of
    Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste,
    but I just have a hunch that I too will own one soon . Huge love for me!!!
    My first fragrant purchase of the year is
    Brulure de Rose by Parfumerie Generale
    Agent Provocateur, excellent choice! If I am to buy another bottle of the Armani Privé perfume, it would be Ambre Soie

Lady Caron, EDP
    MPG samples
    Orio samples
    Caron samples, to compare with my current stash to ensure that Alpona, Farnesiana, and Acaciosa have not been tampered with before I purchase a larger size.

The samples should keep me busy for long awhile - I may wait until Easter weekend for my next perfume purchase.

1 ounce Jicky parfum

I went to David Jones today and tried out lots of different perfumes. I made a few purchases, but not enough to break the bank....yet (though maybe if I'd bought the L de Lolita Lempicka for $115.... yikes)

After much deliberation I got:

Miss Dior Cherie EDP - 50mL
    Guerlain Cherry Blossom Fruity EDT - 35mL (limited edition)
    Aquolina Pink Sugar sample - 1.8mL

I'm tossing up between getting the 50 or 80mL L de Lolita Lempicka (I love it!) but the only place that had the larger size was the expensive department store... I'm hoping I can get it cheaper elsewhere.
    I was also very tempted by Champs Elysees, My Insolence and Dior Addict.

January has been a blast for me and my Mrs... we had so much fun exploring the fragrance stores in Vienna (Ive posted pics in the City Shopping Guides forum).

My purchases for Jan were:

Tom Ford Black Orchid 50ml and 150ml Hydrating Emulsion
    Carthusia Uomo 100ml
    Carthusia Numero Uno 50ml

Samples of Washington Tremlett "Black Tie"

...and my wife bought:

Josephine by Rancé 1795 100ml
    Hermés Eau d'Orange Verte Hand Wash 300ml

Samples of Clive Christian "No.1"

...and as gifts for my sister-in-law:

Flowerbomb EDP 50ml
    Versace 30ml and Body Lotion
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 10th January 2008 at 09:15 AM.

I finally gave into temptation today and splashed on a little bottle of Donna Karan Cashmere Mist after wanting it for a while now.

And I also bought a 50ml bottle of Swiss Esoteric Musk edp (yes, I'd never heard of it either, but hey, we're in Switzerland so why not) for a whole 5 francs. That's about £2.25. (Yes, check that decimal point!)
    I think I may have a fantastic cheap-and-cheerful discovery. It's very nice.

Oh my word! Just saw what Tink bought today. *Drooooool*
    Last edited by Wordbird; 10th January 2008 at 05:51 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Oh my word! Just saw what Tink bought today.
    I'm on a roll...just went back & bought 1oz of Mitsouko parfum.
    Thank goodness I sell my less worn scents otherwise I never,ever would be able to pick up my littele treasures!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    I'm on a roll...just went back & bought 1oz of Mitsouko parfum.
    Thank goodness I sell my less worn scents otherwise I never,ever would be able to pick up my littele treasures!
    You're becoming just ever so refined! I can hear you tweaking from here.

Thank you Coco, I really do plan on this one
    and soon . It's on my wishlist and that means something .

My promise to myself this year is:
    that I will not buy any fragrance that I do not
    absolutely really really really want!

But will buy only those that are on my real wishlist.

So here is to my new bottle of SL Fleurs d'Oranger
    and it being my 2nd fabulous fragrance purchase
    of the year!!! It has been on my wishlist for quite some time .
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

A 50 ml bottle of Light Blue ('almost' a blind buy, I know I have sniffed it, but...)
    One tiny decant each of Calypso St. Barth Lea Extreme, and SL Bois de Violette (haven' t sniffed BdV for quite some time, so I thought i' d better refresh my memory before investing in a bell jar...guess I' ll have to wear my old winter coat for yet another season...(but I couldn' t care less,he, he! :bounce
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir. Impulse buy, I don't need it, I already own PH. Oh what the heck.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Musse, my angel...
    You've had that liitle mouse as a 'star' avatar for awhile, now !

Tinks- you little beast!
    You smell edible -my favorites.Or SOME, anyhoo.

I bought a bottle of Liz Zorn's "Solstice"- her latest incense, for solidarity- and because she'a a talented gal.
    AL Roses and Frangipani perfumes.
    Tann Rokka's Aki.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Musse, my angel...
    You've had that liitle mouse as a 'star' avatar for awhile, now !
    Fond of mice?

I think it looks like she is inhaling some gorgeous fume...so she will stay for a while
    --Bob Dylan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ralph Loren Polo Blue, Paul Smith London, Llewelyn Stardust for Men this past week.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Well, I have started the new year with Parfums de Nicolai - New York. It's quite sexy as a women scent. Sacrebleu will be my next from Nicolai (it's brilliant)

I have got a large decant of Guerlain HABIT ROUGE and VETIVER - love them both

I'm also waiting for Chanel no 5 Sensual Elixir
    Last edited by Guerlain-lover; 13th January 2008 at 07:50 PM.

EnJoy by Patou. If you're interested see my note under SoTD for today. And it was cheap!!!

I bought some old favs today....

Ciara 100%
    Aimez Moi...in the tall bottle. I hope it's the same juice. I never bought it when it was in that bottle.
    Musc et Freesia...this is a new one for me.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Well I did end up buying Une Zeste de Rose on the web and it is as lovely as I remember.

I really do have an unquenchable thirst for rose scents, soliflores and bouquets.

bought a .25 oz bottle of Geoffrey Beene too, a great herbal rose scent..very inexpensive and discontinued, too. A lovely tailored rose that could have been made by the Rosine folks, so very pretty with notes that include: Green Note, Bergamot, Coriander, Tarragon, Rose, Jasmine, Violet, Geranium, Oakmoss, Sandal, Musk, Civet.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 14th January 2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added notes

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I bought some old favs today....

Ciara 100%
    Aimez Moi...in the tall bottle. I hope it's the same juice. I never bought it when it was in that bottle.
    Musc et Freesia...this is a new one for me.
    I love Ciara. Always have some.

Yesterday afternoon my L de Lolita Lempicka arrived! I'd ordered it online at perfumeempire.com.au on Friday, and it arrived midday on Monday! I'm wearing it today to work and I LOVE it.

Red face Re: Today I bought... (January, 2008)

Read so much about the new Lancome Le Benghal I finally found it after many phone calls and got it at Lord and Taylor. It seems all the stores here got six bottles and they were sold out,That is really LE, As I was about to leave someone called my name and it was my cousin and she bought the last bottle they had. Why would a store get only six???Delightful fragrance but only edt and 1.7 ounces.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

After a virtually torturous :bounce: investigation, I finally selected an extraordinary collection of samples from The Perfumed Court, sponsored by crazy-generous Tang who provided us with the name-the-bottle contest.

The samples be:
    Memoire Liquide Cafe Royal
    Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance
    Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger
    Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur
    Tom Ford Black Violet
    Olivier Durbano Amethyst
    J Del Pozo In White
    Chanel 31 Rue Cambon
    Diptyque Eau de Lierre
    Parfums de Nicolai Fig Tea
    Aroma M Geisha Noire
    Costume National Intense Parfum

I'm so stoked! Thank you, G.

Okay, so I recently snapped and had a perfume binge. (Purge for my wallet though.) But nothing has arrived in the mail yet, so I'm still sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting. I got...

Ineke - After My Own Heart
    I got a full size bottle of this one. The samples on Ineke.com were just so wonderful, and the fume itself is lovely and fresh and sparkly. Plus, Ineke herself seems like a great lady, and I just couldn't resist.

Tom Ford - Black Orchid
    I got a 5ML black bottle that comes in a velvet bag. Wonderful fume, but it'll probably take me 1,028,304 years to finish a full size bottle of that stuff because it's so potent.

And then samples from my favorite place, ever, Luckyscent!

Morgane Le Fay - Blue
    La Base - For Her
    Parfume MDCI - Enlevement au Serail
    Domenico Caraceni - Ivy League (LOL)
    The Different Company - Un Parfum d'Ailleurs et Fleurs
    Costes - Costes
    Keiko Mecheri - Ume
    10 Corso Como - 10 Corso Como
    L'Artisan Parfumeur - Voleur de Roses
    L'Artisan Parfumeur - Bois Farine

If anyone has tried any of these and would like to comment on what I can expect, I'd love to hear your opinions! :-)

1.7 tester of Parure EDT from Fragrancenet.com with a $10 off coupon (FSNV2)
    and 1.7oz of Organza Indecence

Musc Ravageur from a suave basenoter!
    Swap in the works for some Attrappe Coeur, BE STILL MY HEART!
    Itching to make a couple of FB Penhaligon's purchases...it's only a matter of time.
    Up next will be Malabah and Hammam Bouquet.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    After a virtually torturous :bounce: investigation, I finally selected an extraordinary collection of samples from The Perfumed Court, sponsored by crazy-generous Tang who provided us with the name-the-bottle contest.

The samples be:
    Tom Ford Black Violet
    Olivier Durbano Amethyst
    J Del Pozo In White
    Chanel 31 Rue Cambon
    Diptyque Eau de Lierre
    Aroma M Geisha Noire

Great picks Quarry!!! Please report on em - epecially the fig!
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

The samples be:
    Tom Ford Black Violet
    Olivier Durbano Amethyst
    J Del Pozo In White
    Chanel 31 Rue Cambon
    Diptyque Eau de Lierre
    Aroma M Geisha Noire

Oh, wow! What a great-looking selection, Quarry. I would have gone mad with indecision, myself!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Blog Entries

Had to go into Marshall's today for some new body butter's and was walking by the clearance rack and there was one big 10 ounce bottle of Marc Jacobs Amber splash (open) for 22 bucks... I casually spritzed some on...and walked away. Bought a load of great body butters and left the store. Went to pick up some Thai food and wondered what the nice scent was I smelled and it was my hand! Sniffed again to make sure. Yup. It was me. Jumped in my car with the box of Thai takeout and drove back to Marshall's like a madwoman - ran into the store - spotted the bottle...snatched it up and brought it home. This will layer with a lot of things quite wonderfully and will be great this summer.
    This may not get great reviews in some quarters - not enough amber etc....but it sure smells good on me. And I didn't break my New Years Resolution - cause I tested it first
    Chanakya

I have been very baaaaaad this month. I have purchased ( so far) a new bottle of Jo Malone Blue Agave and Cacao, DK Black Cashmere, Dzing!, Saffron Troublant, large decant of Angelique Encens, large decant of Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance, large decant of Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, a Petite Sampler (6 scents) from Hove in NOLA and multiple samples from Luckyscent that went to my friend so she can pick out her Birthday gift. Oh! and I placed an order for POTL Luctor et Emergo ( on back order right now....hope its not like the bottle of Nanadebary Pink I ordered a year ago and have yet to receive). Oh yeah , I also forgot about the bottle of Guerlain Purple Fantasy......I need to work more

LOL at you, Dee! I tried this Marc Jacobs applied liberally (thanks to Catherine the Great!) and, although quiet and timid, it is a great comforting scent with nice longevity, I get 5-6 hours easily!

Have not seen it at our Marshall's though. Ours got just six bottles of fragrances and five gift sets (OK, I picked up a box of soaps -- 4 cakes, one for Dee, one for Tao, one for LIB and one for me, it is ... Ready? ... honeyed fig!) displayed altogether and the SA said that this weekend they will be stocking it up for Valentine's Day. About time!
    Last edited by Twolf; 16th January 2008 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Welcome back from baaaaaaad NOLA tdi
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    LOL at you, Dee! I tried this Marc Jacobs applied liberally (thanks to Catherine the Great!) and, although quiet and timid, it is a great comforting scent with nice longevity, I get 5-6 hours easily!

Have not seen it at our Marshall's though. Ours got just six bottles of fragrances and five gift sets (OK, I picked up a box of soaps -- 4 cakes, one for Dee, one for Tao, one for LIB and one for me, it is ... Ready? ... honeyed fig!) displayed altogether and the SA said that this weekend they will be stocking it up for Valentine's Day. About time!

Oooooooooooooooh Fig soap
    Twolf

Yup - I can still smell this MJ stuff ...'tis mild but very nice!
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 16th January 2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chanakya

A 2.5 oz bottle of Mitsouko EDP...
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

My hubby had the chance to get me a (proper) bottle of Mitsouko or a bottle of Balenciaga Le Dix today. I elected to have Le Dix. I've tried 3 formulations of Mitsouko, and only one works for me, and that's the vintage - which he couldn't get. And he was told Le Dix is discontinued, is that true?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Oh dear.... 10 comes in different formulations too, and each of them is very different, you would be surprised! I think it was discontinued. Anyhow, congratulations on making a good choice -- we all take chances once in while!
    Last edited by Twolf; 17th January 2008 at 11:36 AM.

1oz vintage Infini PDT

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Oh dear.... 10 comes in different formulations too, and each of them is very different, you would be surprised! I think it was discontinued. Anyhow, congratulations on making a good choice -- we all take chances once in while!
    Damn, why do they discontinue such gems? My daughter and I are sitting sniffing ourselves now as we wear this gorgeous fragrance. She says it reminds her of Dove soap, and she's been looking for a fragrance for ages that smells like that (it does on her, but not on me). So when I said "shame they don't make it any more", I swear I thought she was going to cry.

But I have a 100ml bottle, and it's going to get used, because what is perfume for, if not to celebrate and enjoy, and share?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Ordered 50 ml each of Perfect Veil and Aimez-Moi.
    --Bob Dylan

Thanks to a sample of Ellen Tracy Twolf sent me, I ordered a bottle and it arrived today. Yippee!

lally
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

1oz of Ava Luxe's Love's True Bluish Light :toppie: