Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 54 of 54
  1. #31
    Sloan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On Location
    Posts
    2,502

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    biehl parfumkunstwerke - Arturetto Landi - al02

    Top: tangerine, citrus, bergamot, peach, plum
    Heart: jasmine, rose, carnation, cardamom, cinnamon
    Base: incense, labdanum, tonka beans, vanilla, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood

    Arturetto Landiís second fragrance for the Biehl line is an olfactory overload. A dynamic, devilish delight that inspires carnal activities involving various sweet and/or fruity edibles. Luscious fruits, rich florals with cardamom and cinnamon served on a sweet oriental bed. The opening smells of a heavy fruit syrup composed of tangerines, peaches, and plums, which momentarily fazed my senses with its dizzying, intoxicating intensity. Fortunately, the fruit notes calm down and the floral mix of jasmine, rose, and carnation swirl into the mix pulling a healthy dose of cinnamon and cardamon. The heart also contains a doughy accord similar to the one in POTL Luctor et Emergo. The melange of notes in the base lend the scent a sweet, smooth woody feel.

    Wearing Al02 is like being caught in a whirlwind. Itís almost as if I can feel the various notes and accords swirling around me. Al02 is a very potent fragrance with longevity measured in days and sillage like a mushroom cloud (use sparingly.) I sprayed directly onto my body for the full effect. For a less intense wearing experience, spray away from the body and walk into the scent allowing it to settle on you.

    Al02 works as a very potent weapon of mass seduction (WMS) on me. It's lush, decadent sensual aspects are dazzling and intoxicating. I enjoy wearing it but much prefer it on a woman. Highly recommended.

    Sprays:4
    Longevity:12-16 hours plus
    Sillage: High
    File under: Fruityflorientalbomb
    RIYL: People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo, Ginestet Sauvignonne, SL Daim Blond, DelRae Bois de Paradis, Bond Bryant Park, fruit syrup, rich florientals.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,608

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm wearing Opium Pour Homme EDP by YSL (thanks rentboy) - I am almost at the end of my decant bottle and this juice is just about the juiciest Oriental I've ever smelled.

    I think some of you women would love this - any of you ladies out there steal this from the man in your life, when he's not looking?
    He hasn't got it yet But I have worn it before... tis yummy!

    A day late and still indecisive! With the Directory down I haven't been able to research which orientals have almond in them but I think Hypnotic Poison had some right?

    Ok I finally settled for Addict and Hypnotic Poison... methinks it's a Dior day

    Lol love your reviews Chloefpuff!

  3. #33
    ubuandibeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chesterton, Indiana
    Posts
    4,192

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Chloefpuff ~ nice job! Don't you know, simple & concise is the way to go! You conveyed your feelings/opinion quite well.

  4. #34
    DeeOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saugerties NY
    Posts
    885
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Scurring in before Boss returns - victim of burst water pipes and the computer room closed for repairs - redolent of Tabu - my go-to Oriental. She never ceases to amaze - rich florals and spices, shimmery amber. Yumsters.

    Dee
    - thanks for reviving Ciara - I used to clear the room with that when I was in my forties - bet that pretty puppy will sit up just so nice for me now that I'm in my prime!!

    Oh dear - burst pipes! Are you okay?

    Lawdy Miz Scarlet Tao Lady... that Tabu will catch more than Rhett Butler
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

  5. #35
    heart of ice
    shadesofbleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jayhawk country!
    Posts
    10,607

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    I'm wearing Jaipur Homme today, one of my top favorites EVER. This is almost perfection. Its soft and cuddly, but bold and sexy all at the same time. Its stunning on a man and makes me all weak in the knees! But then, I wear it and it is mad sexy.

    Top Notes: Heliotrope, bergamot, lemon
    Heart Notes: Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove
    Base Notes: Amber, tonka bean, vanilla
    I've trademarked the color bleu

  6. #36

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Chloefpuff ~ nice job! Don't you know, simple & concise is the way to go! You conveyed your feelings/opinion quite well.

    Thanks! I'm incapable of intelligently saying more, so I don't try. Seems to work.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

  7. #37
    DeeOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saugerties NY
    Posts
    885
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    biehl parfumkunstwerke - Arturetto Landi - al02


    Arturetto Landiís second fragrance for the Biehl line is an olfactory overload. A dynamic, devilish delight that inspires carnal activities involving various sweet and/or fruity edibles. Luscious fruits, rich florals with cardamom and cinnamon served on a sweet oriental bed. The opening smells of a heavy fruit syrup composed of tangerines, peaches, and plums, which momentarily fazed my senses with its dizzying, intoxicating intensity. Fortunately, the fruit notes calm down and the floral mix of jasmine, rose, and carnation swirl into the mix pulling a healthy dose of cinnamon and cardamon. The heart also contains a doughy accord similar to the one in POTL Luctor et Emergo. The melange of notes in the base lend the scent a sweet, smooth woody feel.
    You really know how to hurt a gal - with descriptions like that - I can almost taste it.
    Where do they have samples (ouch)?
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

  8. #38
    Sloan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On Location
    Posts
    2,502

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeOlive View Post
    You really know how to hurt a gal - with descriptions like that - I can almost taste it.
    Where do they have samples (ouch)?
    I can almost taste it while wearing it. They are currently out of samples at the moment, but Luckyscent carries the line click here.

    PM for alternative sources.

  9. #39
    heart of ice
    shadesofbleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jayhawk country!
    Posts
    10,607

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    biehl parfumkunstwerke - Arturetto Landi - al02

    Top: tangerine, citrus, bergamot, peach, plum
    Heart: jasmine, rose, carnation, cardamom, cinnamon
    Base: incense, labdanum, tonka beans, vanilla, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood

    Arturetto Landiís second fragrance for the Biehl line is an olfactory overload. A dynamic, devilish delight that inspires carnal activities involving various sweet and/or fruity edibles. Luscious fruits, rich florals with cardamom and cinnamon served on a sweet oriental bed. The opening smells of a heavy fruit syrup composed of tangerines, peaches, and plums, which momentarily fazed my senses with its dizzying, intoxicating intensity. Fortunately, the fruit notes calm down and the floral mix of jasmine, rose, and carnation swirl into the mix pulling a healthy dose of cinnamon and cardamon. The heart also contains a doughy accord similar to the one in POTL Luctor et Emergo. The melange of notes in the base lend the scent a sweet, smooth woody feel.

    Wearing Al02 is like being caught in a whirlwind. Itís almost as if I can feel the various notes and accords swirling around me. Al02 is a very potent fragrance with longevity measured in days and sillage like a mushroom cloud (use sparingly.) I sprayed directly onto my body for the full effect. For a less intense wearing experience, spray away from the body and walk into the scent allowing it to settle on you.

    Al02 works as a very potent weapon of mass seduction (WMS) on me. It's lush, decadent sensual aspects are dazzling and intoxicating. I enjoy wearing it but much prefer it on a woman. Highly recommended.

    Sprays:4
    Longevity:12-16 hours plus
    Sillage: High
    File under: Fruityflorientalbomb
    RIYL: People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo, Ginestet Sauvignonne, SL Daim Blond, DelRae Bois de Paradis, Bond Bryant Park, fruit syrup, rich florientals.
    This sounds AMAZING! Another one on the must-try list ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

  10. #40

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by chloefpuff View Post
    Started today's SnS with a new sample (thanks to Lally) of L by Lolita Lempicka.

    I will now demonstrate why I don't do reviews:

    L: spice and powder. I don't like powder. I don't like L.

    I scrubbed and moved on to Allure and Allure Sensuelle. Another demonstration of why I don't do reviews:

    Allure: more floral than Allure Sensuelle.
    Allure Sensuelle: spicier than Allure.

    Will probably blast myself with Opium for SOTE, in parfum.
    That's the fun of samples- realizing you just saved yourself a FORTUNE! LOL Sorry you didn't like- but me neither!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    L'Artisan's Tea for Two. By nose Olivia Giacobetti. mmmmmmm ... Smoky. Spicy. Sweet.

    From the L'Artisan website:

    "It begins with the curling, rising steam of Lapsung-Souchong tea. All the notes are orchestrated around the smoke and wooded scents to create a more fiery and warmer sensation. The sweet, fresh, spicy facets reveal the delicious delights of honey.
    Both voluptuous and spicy, it is a marvellous tea for your skin!"

    From Luscious Cargo.com

    "Top notes of gentian, neroli, bergamot and lapsang souchong tea; middle notes of cinnamon, ginger, green anise, smoked tea. Base notes include honey, vanilla and guaiacum wood."
    Am also wearing Tea for Two so will simply say... ditto. BTW- HATED this when I first tried it. Now- yummy.
    Last edited by lally; 6th January 2008 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of itís scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.Ē

  11. #41

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    lally - ya know, I liked it the first time I tried it, but just in that I love the scent of tea but didn't particularly feel like wearing tea and smelling of tea, if you know what I mean. This is the second time I've sampled it and I have to say I'm picking up its layers of sweet honey and spiciness much more so this time.

    taolady -- oh no, burst pipes! just spritz with something luscious and chant, "it's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay..."
    *

    Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

  12. #42

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Looks like I sniffed and spoke in the wrong place, i.e. Saturday's SOTD!!
    I'm easily confused....
    It was ROMA and you can look up my thoughts on the wrong thread if you like.

  13. #43

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    biehl parfumkunstwerke - Arturetto Landi - al02

    Top: tangerine, citrus, bergamot, peach, plum
    Heart: jasmine, rose, carnation, cardamom, cinnamon
    Base: incense, labdanum, tonka beans, vanilla, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood

    .......
    Michael, with such a description I am ONE little step away from buying blind!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

  14. #44

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    The new Biehls are on my next list of new samples to order.

    I can smell nothing today except the olbas oil inhaler I'm using to cope with the nasal congestion which suddenly got worse overnight. I am drenched in AG's Vanille Exquise all to no avail, I can barely smell it. It sang to me last night, and now it is largely silenced. I may have to give up on frags for a few days.

  15. #45

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    The new Biehls are on my next list of new samples to order.

    I can smell nothing today except the olbas oil inhaler I'm using to cope with the nasal congestion which suddenly got worse overnight. I am drenched in AG's Vanille Exquise all to no avail, I can barely smell it. It sang to me last night, and now it is largely silenced. I may have to give up on frags for a few days.
    Poor thing..
    I love Olbas. Bathed my boys in it, when they were ill...
    Feel better SOON.

  16. #46

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Thank you, Chaya. I don't feel ill but the idea of smelling nothing but olbas is a dreary proposition. I don't know how you could love it, but you seem to have the heart to love almost anything.

    I've just applied a bit more Vanille Exquise. I can smell the lively opening but it soon disappears. When my nose is uncongested I'm sure to invest in a full bottle of this. How I love the Goutal house, those sweet girlie Petit frags excepted.

  17. #47
    Sloan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On Location
    Posts
    2,502

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Michael, with such a description I am ONE little step away from buying blind!
    LIB, you can order samples from FIF (Aus Liebe zum Duft) from this page. They decanted a healthy 2-2.5 ml spray for each Biehl sample I ordered a few months ago. Hopefully, shipping costs to your location would be much less expensive than to the US.

  18. #48
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,094
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    It's Sunday and I'm finally on the scene, wearing a dear, little sweetie, Mira Bai. According to Osmoz, she's an Oriental, but I don't tend to think of her that way. She's just an overall darling with notes of: bergamot, peach, black currant, plum; rosewood, rose, jasmine; vanilla, cedarwood, sandal, and amber.

    She's a bit sweet and has an air all her own. The opening is cheery, and the drydown is beyond criticism. I think Mira Bai is a relatively uncommon scent in a world of too many fruity frags. Happily not a high-pitched fragrance, MB has good sillage and a long life that remains interesting throughout.

  19. #49

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    LIB, you can order samples from FIF (Aus Liebe zum Duft) from this page. They decanted a healthy 2-2.5 ml spray for each Biehl sample I ordered a few months ago. Hopefully, shipping costs to your location would be much less expensive than to the US.
    Thanks, Michael! I DID already... a bunch of biehls (for some, Georg didn't have samples available right now, amongst which the one with the Campari note, ack!) and a bunch of others I wanted to try. Yes, the shipping costs for a sample-only order are very reasonable (5 Euros).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

  20. #50

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Michael, with such a description I am ONE little step away from buying blind!
    Hehe! I'm a sick, sick, person. I bought a sample last night on the basis of that review. Wouldn't buy a full bottle though - $165!!! Dying to try it now...
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

  21. #51

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Thank you, Chaya. I don't feel ill but the idea of smelling nothing but olbas is a dreary proposition. I don't know how you could love it, but you seem to have the heart to love almost anything.

    I've just applied a bit more Vanille Exquise. I can smell the lively opening but it soon disappears. When my nose is uncongested I'm sure to invest in a full bottle of this. How I love the Goutal house, those sweet girlie Petit frags excepted.

    You're teasing me...!
    I don't know- it's just so unabashedly, unapologetically medicinal, I guess.

    BTW- I don't know if you've tried the SMN Vaniglia, but I think you'd like it.
    It has a similarly dry, smokiness.
    [PM me, if you like- I'll send you some to try]

  22. #52

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    I remembered that it was Oriental SnS yesterday, but didn't have time to post.

    Yesterday, I wore Bal a Versailles, a true oriental and as oriental as they come. Apparently, this a favourite of Joan Collins and Krystel Carrington's, for those of us who remember the Dynasty days.

    I prefer the modern parfum version of this one, much more so over the cheaper EDT version. I also have the vintage version which I purchased from Jaime -- that one is skanky as heck. I'm sure that it was this version that the two lovely dynasty ladies were cat-fighting about. LOL!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

  23. #53
    Kyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    511

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    I had a very oriental Saturday- but I didn't have a chance to look up and focus on anything almondy; if I own any such thing.

    I don't think that Piguet's Baghari gets anywhere near the attention it merits. It’s lovely and soft and wearable without being too simplistic.

    I wore Nuit de Noel parfum for the middle of the day; one of the scents that get locked up during mild weather so I’m indulging while I can. This may be the scent where the edt has the least resemblance to the parfum that I know. I rejected the edt at one spritz (kinda thin and drab and piney to me) and bought the perfume 10 minutes after I tried my first drop. Very vintage (and to me that is a very good thing) in scent and packaging, with a serious dose of Caron’s heavy Mousse de Saxe base. I can only wish that there was an edp available to add a bit more range and striking power to its great tenacity.(Not that it is really lacking- just that I love bombs)

    And I went to bed in a cloud of Opium. It is a soup- I don’t think they left anything out of the formula on this, and it is the very definition of a bomb. But I love wearing way too much of it and then not setting a foot outside the door.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

  24. #54
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,094
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 >> ORIENTALS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    I had a very oriental Saturday- but I didn't have a chance to look up and focus on anything almondy; if I own any such thing.

    I don't think that Piguet's Baghari gets anywhere near the attention it merits. Itís lovely and soft and wearable without being too simplistic.

    I wore Nuit de Noel parfum for the middle of the day; one of the scents that get locked up during mild weather so Iím indulging while I can. This may be the scent where the edt has the least resemblance to the parfum that I know. I rejected the edt at one spritz (kinda thin and drab and piney to me) and bought the perfume 10 minutes after I tried my first drop. Very vintage (and to me that is a very good thing) in scent and packaging, with a serious dose of Caronís heavy Mousse de Saxe base. I can only wish that there was an edp available to add a bit more range and striking power to its great tenacity.(Not that it is really lacking- just that I love bombs)

    And I went to bed in a cloud of Opium. It is a soup- I donít think they left anything out of the formula on this, and it is the very definition of a bomb. But I love wearing way too much of it and then not setting a foot outside the door.
    Great prose, Kyra. I love the notion of basking in an abundance of fragrance and confining oneself to house arrest. And that just sparked a funny image in my head of aliens coming to abduct you by dark of night, encountering your cloud of Opium, and then just transmigrating backward in favor of a less-pungent subject.

Similar Threads

  1. All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, April 5, 2008 >> Florals
    By Quarry in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 6th April 2008, 05:15 PM
  2. A Floral for Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, April 5, 2008?
    By TwoRoads in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 3rd April 2008, 09:18 AM
  3. All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, March 1, 2008 >> Chypre
    By Quarry in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 4th March 2008, 12:13 PM
  4. All Invited! >> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008 >> Animalic
    By Quarry in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 4th February 2008, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000