Code of Conduct

Default Still looking for a cheap alternative to REFLECTION FOR MEN by Amouage...

Hi there community...

I felt in love with the sample of this beautiful scent, and so Im still looking for a cheap alternative to it...

For those who never tried REFLECTION : "A sophisticated, fresh and spicy fragrance, conjuring images of high summer by the sea. Red pepper berries, rosemary and bitter orange leaves provide wonderfully warm and fragrant top notes, whilst the floral heart contains notes of orris, jasmine, and neroli. [...] the spicy freshness of this fragrance is balanced by warm rounded notes of cedarwood, sandalwood, patchouli and vetyver in the base."

Thanks in advance.-

Default Re: Still looking for a cheap alternative to REFLECTION FOR MEN by Amouage...

Did you try Joop! homme and Cristobal ?
    -

Default Re: Still looking for a cheap alternative to REFLECTION FOR MEN by Amouage...

ZZTopp... Is really CRISTOBAL that close?

I'm obviously conscient that REFLECTION is unique, but maybe -with a little help from you all- I could find something pretty similar and most important, cheaper than Amouage scents...

Thanks in advance!

Check out the new Hollywood by Playboy. I know I know, it sounds ridiculous. I only got to spray it on the box in the store as it was at a Wal-mart and there were no test strips available and I already had Route du Vetiver on, but the opening spray really reminded me quite a bit of Reflection. I don't know about the drydown but then again Reflection doesn't have much of a drydown either.

Imma try it when I go back in a week or two. I was debating just picking it up as it was only $14 for a 50ml bottle, but I don't have a lot of disposable income righ tnow and $14 would buy me a decent decant of something I know I love. I will skin test next time, though.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks a lot for your post, Sculpture!!! Ill looking forward to your next update on that Playboy fragance, as it hasnt distribution here in my country, so I cant sample!
    If you still finding it quite similar, maybe Ill blind-buy it!
    Thanks again,
    Regards.-

Fleur du Male is very similar in terms of it's white florals and style, not to mention it smells kinda similar. I like it better than Amouage anyway - hopefully it'll work for you.

Mix Burberry Brit and Joop Homme. 3 Brit to 1 Joop!. Viola!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I would suggest looking into traditional middle eastern perfumery as a viable alternative, I'm sure you'll be able to find some attar that bests Reflection Man.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Just open your wallet and get the real deal. The heck with alternatives. Enjoy life a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Just open your wallet and get the real deal. The heck with alternatives. Enjoy life a little bit.
    Agreed! But if you absolutly want something cheaper, you can go for Joop Homme, or try to mix Gualtier Le Male + YSL L`homme.

Seriously get fleur de male they really are quite alike

Fleur du Male in no way is a replacement for Reflection.. unless all you are looking for is a sweet neroli note.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Fleur du Male in no way is a replacement for Reflection.. unless all you are looking for is a sweet neroli note.
    +1

I recommend, the not-that-much-cheaper 1725 Cassanova by HdP. Not just the same, but similar in style and quality.

Why doesn`t Reflection get more love here on Basenotes.. Is it to feminine? To sweet? To powdery? To synthetic? To MUCH? What do you think?

Point Blank

I immediately thought of YSL L'homme when I tried Reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    +2

I think you should get the real thing. If you have to, just save up for it. It will be something to look forward to, plus you will appreciate it that much more.

I am a big fan of Reflection FM.
    I have never smelled anything close enough to be considered a true alternative.
    And even if there was such a fragrance, I doubt it would have even a fraction of the quality that is in the Amouage.
    Last edited by ajmc; 27th July 2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typo
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Why doesn`t Reflection get more love here on Basenotes.. Is it to feminine? To sweet? To powdery? To synthetic? To MUCH? What do you think?
    My theory about the 'lack of of love' for the Reflection and Ciel duos both, is that it has something to do with Turin panning them. I could be wrong. But I think the men's and women's are both VERY underrated. For both.

If you're looking for an alternative, an alternative is what you'll get. There are no alternatives to Reflection Man, Black Aoud, etc, etc. They are unique at what they do. Sure, they might be a rose fragrance but is Reflection Man does it for you then, I don't think anything else will and thats due to character uniqueness. Save up and splurge, its the only way to be satisfied. Stay thirsty my friends
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    My theory about the 'lack of of love' for the Reflection and Ciel duos both, is that it has something to do with Turin panning them. I could be wrong. But I think the men's and women's are both VERY underrated. For both.
    Hmm.. What does Turin say aboute Ciel? I think that one is great!

Turin gave Ciel Man 4stars partly due to its wierdness and as he describes it the urine ("urinous") note paraphrasing him: part of it's charm and alure. Not sure I get that impact but his nose is beter than mine but, whatever, it is a floral scent for men, though. He called Ciel Woman trivial with 1star. I love Ciel Man, I guess Ciel means "air" or wind or something, so it romanced me from the start. Anyway, out of the Amouage bottles I wear I've worn Ciel Man the most as I find it easy day or night season-to-season. It's an easy "lighter" scent from the line. My XXV, Lyric M, Epic M, Dia M, Silver are jealous of Ciel, hahaha. It may be overpriced but the apparent quality is wonderful! Get a sample and see if you like it, spritzing is, of course, preferred.
    Last edited by cedarnotes; 27th July 2010 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cedarnotes View Post
    Turin gave Ciel Man 4stars partly due to its wierdness and as he describes it the urine ("urinous") note paraphrasing him: part of it's charm and alure. Not sure I get that impact but his nose is beter than mine but, whatever, it is a floral scent for men, though. He called Ciel Woman trivial with 1star. I love Ciel Man, I guess Ciel means "air" or wind or something, so it romanced me from the start. Anyway, out of the Amouage bottles I wear I've worn Ciel Man the most as I find it easy day or night season-to-season. It's an easy "lighter" scent from the line. My XXV, Lyric M, Epic M, Dia M, Silver are jealous of Ciel, hahaha. It may be overpriced but the apparent quality is wonderful! Get a sample and see if you like it, spritzing is, of course, preferred.
    I don`t need a sample.. I own a bottle.
    -Is 5 stars the best a fragrance can get?