Code of Conduct

Default Your New Year Fragrance Experience

I wore Musc Ravageur at a Penthouse "exclusive" (and by exclusive i mean 250 dollar tickets ahead of time) party....the crowd was mostly young (i'd say most ranging from 21-25) and very few native newyorkers.....most were college students on vacation in NY from other states or England/France/Spain.

Like I mentioned earlier I wore MR(and to make sure the sillage stays good throughout I occasionally reapplied)....lets just say females were in general 'super friendly' and the night wore on and so did the liquor intake, the friendliness went to a whole another level.....I dont drink myself, so i have very little tolerance for drunken females(but that's a whole another topic) but basically the point is I didnt get not one of these slobbering females to mention anything about my scent.......=/.....and thats not the way I judge the perfume but I just dont get it....I wore that garbage Diesel fuel for life only once and had like 8 different girls go out of their way to talk about "that great, great smell"....

Finally...at about 4:45 am when my night was winding down at the West Village apartment of a 31 year old(much younger looking) female named Ruth I was told that I smell "good enough to eat"......but i couldnt take those words at face value, since realizing at the point where our encounter was at I could have literally been smeared in camel feces and probably got the same response.

Now, tell me and all about your New Year's Experience in relation to the fragrance that you wore....
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Default Re: Your New Year Fragrance Experience

I wore Black Tourmaline last night and fell asleep on the sofa at 10:15 watching the Aurburn / Clemson football game. Two glasses of wine, then 8 hours of sleep, by myself I may add. Sorry...but I am not one that you can live vicariously through. My Black Tourmaline and I enjoyed each other immensely though and I didn't have to kick BT out and call a cab afterwards.

Just because they bought expensive tickets doesn't mean they don't have cheap tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    Finally...at about 4:45 am when my night was winding down at the West Village apartment of a 31 year old(much younger looking) female named Ruth I was told that I smell "good enough to eat"......but i couldnt take those words at face value, since realizing at the point where our encounter was at I could have literally been smeared in camel feces and probably got the same response.

Now, tell me and all about your New Year's Experience in relation to the fragrance that you wore....
    ROFLMAO! What an image in my head -- being smeared in dromedary doody in the West Village.

I just wore Black Aoud to a party that my other half calls "God's Waiting Room." We go to this annual bash every year and I'm always the baby there -- and I'm 40. (The Black Aoud got lots of compliments, though.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Wore Silver Factory with a Prada tux at a black tie party......bound up at a sex party till 8 am. PRICELESS.

Quote Originally Posted by musclegod007 View Post
    Wore Silver Factory with a Prada tux at a black tie party......bound up at a sex party till 8 am. PRICELESS.
    Wow -- beats the hell outta my Black Aoud in God's Waiting Room!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I vastly enjoyed my Royal English Leather. It was perfect and made me feel very comfortable. We celebrated at home, because of the baby, with friends of us visiting from Berlin. When my wife hugged me at midnight, she said "so you slipped away just now to stink yourself up?" And that was the only extraneous comment on my perfume for the evening. If I was wearing perfume for other people and their compliments, I would have already ended my misery with an overdose of Kouros a long time ago.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Just because they bought expensive tickets doesn't mean they don't have cheap tastes.
    so you are suggesting that MR is "cheap taste"?
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    ROFLMAO! What an image in my head -- being smeared in dromedary doody in the West Village.

I just wore Black Aoud to a party that my other half calls "God's Waiting Room." We go to this annual bash every year and I'm always the baby there -- and I'm 40. (The Black Aoud got lots of compliments, though.)
    lol.....thats nice....going to a party where a 40 year old feels like a baby....though i;m probably going to try to go the opposite route, and attempt to go to parties where i'll be the weird, older man talking to girls' his daughter's age. =)~
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 1st January 2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

I think he meant the Diesel. No need to get confrontational now.

Quote Originally Posted by musclegod007 View Post
    where was this at? Dont Spare Details.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I vastly enjoyed my Royal English Leather. It was perfect and made me feel very comfortable. We celebrated at home, because of the baby, with friends of us visiting from Berlin. When my wife hugged me at midnight, she said "so you slipped away just now to stink yourself up?" And that was the only extraneous comment on my perfume for the evening. If I was wearing perfume for other people and their compliments, I would have already ended my misery with an overdose of Kouros a long time ago.
    I dislike kouros as well.
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 1st January 2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wore Feuille Verte, just because I love it and nothing else was really screaming "new years" to me.

I went to a friend's house with about 20 people. It was a really nice, relaxing night, and I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time.

I was certain that someone was wearing Helmut Lang edt or Cuiron. The smell is so distinct, I couldn't have been mistaken, but I was. The crowd is all indie-hipster types and the Helmut would have been right at home. I thought I had it narrowed down to this one couple, but when I asked them, I was surprised to hear that neither were wearing HL or Cuiron. However, they were fragrance-literate, which made for a nice conversation. I can't remember what she said she was wearing (it was her that I had been smelling), but he was wearing Issey Miyake Bleue.

All in all, a nice night. I'm glad I didn't go to the $200 ordeal my buddy was trying to sell me on.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Royal English Leather for me,too. As ever,no compliments or comments from our friends or my other half (if she did compliment me I would be wary as it would likely preface another home improvement request,at the moment "...that one smells great,any chance of fitting those speakers this week.....")

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    hmmm ok....and what part of the question "you think MR is a "cheap taste" fragrance?" did you find to be confrontational?

i dont think there is a specific need to attach personal emotion to completely emotionless font....i respect everyone's opinion and it wouldnt bother me one iota ifsomeone or everyone would utterly despise even my favorite fragrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I wore Feuille Verte, just because I love it and nothing else was really screaming "new years" to me.

I went to a friend's house with about 20 people. It was a really nice, relaxing night, and I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time.

I was certain that someone was wearing Helmut Lang edt or Cuiron. The smell is so distinct, I couldn't have been mistaken, but I was. The crowd is all indie-hipster types and the Helmut would have been right at home. I thought I had it narrowed down to this one couple, but when I asked them, I was surprised to hear that neither were wearing HL or Cuiron. However, they were fragrance-literate, which made for a nice conversation. I can't remember what she said she was wearing (it was her that I had been smelling), but he was wearing Issey Miyake Bleue.

All in all, a nice night. I'm glad I didn't go to the $200 ordeal my buddy was trying to sell me on.

good idea that you didnt.....i went for two reasons....#1 my brother and my close friends personally invited me and i enjoyb spending my time with them ....#2 it was free. =)
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 1st January 2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    Indeed I meant the Diesel. Granted, it was unfair of me to make that comment as I've smelled neither MR or the Diesel - although from what I've read the Diesel is very very sweet. And in this world of sensory overload oft-times people prefer the artificial and poorly or crudely blended fragrance to the well blended masterpiece, just as there are many who genuinely prefer fast food over real food these days, or Budweiser of Hacker-Pschorr, or Blink 182 over Vivaldi.

It's sad but true, and many members have mentioned it before, but the majority of people will not really care for niche fragrances - not care for them like we do, anyway. Especially when they're more distinct than your average cologne. Really quite unfortunate how many of us admire them with a passion, spend lots of time and money on them, yet when you head out the door, you're "better off wearing Acqua di Gio". Doesn't stop me from wearing them though Every now and then people will compliment you, even on special scents.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Agreed ...

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    It's sad but true, and many members have mentioned it before, but the majority of people will not really care for niche fragrances - not care for them like we do, anyway. Especially when they're more distinct than your average cologne. Really quite unfortunate how many of us admire them with a passion, spend lots of time and money on them, yet when you head out the door, you're "better off wearing Acqua di Gio". Doesn't stop me from wearing them though Every now and then people will compliment you, even on special scents.
    i couldnt have said it better myself...its funny too that i wear frags pretty much for myself now, although sometimes i try to wear something i know will get complimented.

This new year, i washed up with roger and gallet lavander soap that was given to me at Christmas and i sprayed one spray of caswell-massey aura of patchouli on my chest...very mild...i just figured after the fireworks everyone would smell like gunpowder and booze anyway, ha ha! Happy New Year!

Basenotes Institution

Well last night it was just me and the boyfriend at home - watching the ball drop, I smelled incredible in Orris by Andy Tauer and my boyfriend mentioned it smelled 'great' but then sometimes I think he just says that so I'll leave him alone and take my wrist away from his nose.

But - as I posted on another thread we went out to a large dance party in downtown Miami Saturday night (he wore Black Aoud by Montale - I wore Musc Ravaguer by Malle, from a sample from Comdiva) and we both received compliments. I remember a man telling me I smelled like a cinnamon roll and he said it in a very naughty way.

Compliments are great - but honestly, I wear fragrances for much more reasons than just getting compliments. Sure, they're nice to get - but honestly I get much more pleasure from wearing scents that I love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    My Black Tourmaline and I enjoyed each other immensely though and I didn't have to kick BT out and call a cab afterwards.
    LOL - I have this visual image of you curled up on the sofa, hugging your Black Tourmaline bottle.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 1st January 2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Blog Entries

I, too, wore Musc Ravageur last night. We started out @ my friend's place, then went to a nearby gay bar, then went back to my friend's place to crash. A friend of mine immediately complimented my scent when she got to my friend's place, & a few hours later she was totally snockered & was kissing my neck, lol.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Stayed home and kept my sprained ankle on ice. Annoyed the neighbors while practicing new songs for 2008 and leftover tunes from 2007. Sifting throught the musical detritus today, it looks and sounds like I have at least two keepers. I need a new drummer, sh*t. BTW Scotch and oxycodone make a great combo. Oh yeah, I wore Profumum Fiori d'Ambra. I love non sequiturs.

I used 1 spray of Gucci Envy on my chest earlier in the day, then another right before going out. It seemed overpowering at first especially when I got in a taxi, but I should probably have sprayed more since I noticed that within a few hours, I couldn't smell it on me (but I could still smell the cologne from other people in the nightclub).

I still got a good amount of female attention, but no compliments on my scent.