Code of Conduct

Default Seeing Red: Name the Bottles Contest (#1)

Turning a passion into a puzzle:

Challenge: In a private message, name as many of the fragrances in this picture as possible. For each bottle, score one point for naming the house and one point for naming the fragrance.
    Note #1: If your browser resizes the picture to fit your window, the bottles will not be as easy to see.
    Note #2: If a house appears multiple times, name it each time.
    Note #3: When the fragrance name is the same as the house name, only one point is given.
    Note #4: The only help I'm offering is this thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=203773

Process:
    PM your list of answers, preferably in the order that they appear in the picture.
    For my sanity, I would prefer one submission per person, so please submit your final guesses in one shot.

Deadline: 12:00 noon (CST), Saturday, January 5 --> 6:00p.m. GMT

Who Can Play: Any Basenotes member who signed up before January 2, 2008.

Judging: If more than one person has the same number of correct answers, I'll choose a random winner from those finalists.

Prize: A $75 (USD) gift certificate to one of the following
    • BeautyHabit.com (gift certificate via email)
    • ThePerfumedCourt.com (gift certificate via email)
    • FragranceX.com (gift certificate via email)
    • Sephora.com (physical gift card mailed within US)
    • Aedes.com (physical gift card mailed within US)
    • ThePerfumeShoppe.com (physical gift card mailed within Canada?)
    • Another e-tailer of your choice that offers gift certificates via email
    • I'm open to other options for Basenoters outside the U.S.

Consolation Prize: a full bottle of Délices de Cartier, 50ML, still in box, offered to the first runner-up who wants it.

Disclaimer: I've never run a contest before, and this is supposed to be fun. Please be gentle with me!
    Last edited by tang; 2nd February 2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: added "USD"

Default Re: Name the Bottles Contest

What fun...thanks for the brain teaser.:toppie:

I don't even want to tell you how many hours I spent Googling those bee-yootiful red bottles. Eight stubborn bottles have crossed their arms and refused to be identified, but I've learned a lot, including that there is a Hello Kitty fragrance sold at Lucky Scent (not red, but pink, of course). I also found a buttload more red bottles still unnamed which I guess I'll add to the other thread.

Thanks Tang, for your fun quiz and for being so generous (if stingy with hints ) ! These quizzes are great fun.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Blog Entries

This is a lot of fun Tang - and quite an education - when I first looked I could only identify 2. Hours later I'm still missing 15 - but as Mea Kulpa said this is a great learning experience. Also dangerous - cause now I'm wondering how the juice in some of those luscious bottles smells
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

No way man! I spent more time yesterday than I care to admit looking for the answer to tvlampboy's contest and I'm not doing it again today I tell ya...no matter how darn amazing your prize is...not....going....to ....do....it....ACK

Doing my best- some are very stubborn! Was probably more surprised by how many I do know than how many I don't. Love red too- red and turquoise are my favorite colors! Don't have tons more time to work on this today, but I'll submit something before Sat hopefully.

The picture itself is a treat!
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by ScentSerenade View Post
    No way man! I spent more time yesterday than I care to admit looking for the answer to tvlampboy's contest and I'm not doing it again today I tell ya...no matter how darn amazing your prize is...not....going....to ....do....it....ACK
    Ha! So, I can expect your answers in my mailbox Saturday morning sometime?

I don't want this to be excessively frustrating for everybody, but a majority of these bottles are ones I had never seen either until just a couple of days ago. Remember to check out the other Red Bottles thread!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Ha!

No, no, not frustrating...it is an excellent contest you're running and a very generous one too! I just can't afford to spend the time doing it right now, but the temptation is so??? Great, yeah, that's the word

Good luck to everyone!

aaaaaaah I am sososossoososo close!

The competitive streak + the compulsion to solve any puzzle placed before me + the deluge of free time from being off school + the crazy desire to expand my wardrobe created the perfect storm for me to do practically nothing today but scrounge the internet for red perfume bottles.

Thanks for posting! I'll be continuing the hunt.

Blog Entries

Eyelids drooping...vision blurred from lack of sleep last night ...never realized there were so many red bottles in the world of fumes.

Tang - took notes on others I ran across while hunting:

Calvin Klein - Eternity Rose Blush
    Campos de Ibiza - Agua de Rosas
    Cecile & Jeanne - Eliel
    Celine - Fever
    DDP por Elle
    Dior Passage No. 4
    Elite Mode - Attitude
    Escada - Ibiza Hippie
    Escada - Sexy Graffitti
    Hugo Boss - Boss Intense
    Hermes - Rouge
    Isabel Derrolsne - Rose Divine
    Jette Joop - By Night Jette
    Rochas - Absolu Intense Simply Red
    Chental Thomass - Et Plus Si Affinites
    Mimmina - Red Intercosma

(excuse any spelling errors cause I can't read my own chicken scratch notes)
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

(Sitting on the sidelines - bundled up - a thermos of Lapsang Soochong in hand - eyes wide in admiration) ....You GO Guys!! (Tang - you da BOMB!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blimey!
    What a great competition!
    Nice one Tang.
    (I'm also surprised how many I know - though not enough to enter!)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

arggghhh down to four I can't for the life of me identify....must...sleep...not...google....argggzz zzzzzzzz...

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Blog Entries

Email sent off - hope there aren't too many typos - I am fried. DH though I was crazy when I crawled into bed with the lappie last night...

Tang this was the most fun I've had in years - and as I mentioned to you in the email - I'll be willing to put up Jaipur Saphir EdP for a blue contest. My favorite blue bottle.
    Chanakya

Wow, I'm pretty sure I've only seen 12 before. Hats off to everyone who'll undoubtedly rule at this.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

I've received only a handful of submissions so far, but this may be the calm before the storm.

It turns out I will not have access to a computer around the noon (CST) deadline tomorrow (January 5th), but I hope to sort through all the entries and announce a winner either Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Good luck, everyone!
    --------------------------------------
    January 8, 2008: Not sure if anyone will see this update if it automerges with my previous post. Contest winner announced here.
    Last edited by tang; 7th January 2008 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost