Code of Conduct

Default Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin...the next holy grail top 10?

Hey Guys, I had my interest piqued yesterday after reviewing a post for Marilyn Miglin Pheromone, and though it does not contain any pheros, I have heard the reviews are rave! It sounds pretty much like an ethereal top ten fragrance on everyones list (like a basala would be, which I LOVE).....Any ideas or info on this fragrance, raves, reviews, whats it similar to?

Thanks
    Pugs

Default Re: Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin...the next holy grail top 10?

For sure... In my case, it´s a TOP 3... Don´t wait to read comments, just get one ASAP... You won´t regret it... It´s something totally different from the rest...

BTW, I never tried Basala... Is it also special? How about the scent strenght? Moderate? Intense?

Regards.-
    Last edited by glovesg; 2nd January 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Pheromone for Men is very green, very sharp, very dated. (Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.) Think along the lines of a brighter, greener Esencia by Loewe, or perhaps a distant cousin of Drakkar Noir with aldehydes.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I wore Pheromone for a couple of years as a my signature scent. It's the only one of two fragrances that I would buy a couple of bottles at a time. It's not seen around here in the stores, so it 's not readily recognized, which is what I like about it. I've gotten lots of compliments on it.

If you are familiar with the female version, in the "pyramid" shape bottle, you'll instantly see a kinship between the two. Both open very green and kind of dusty. The men's Pheromone is sharper and greener, where as the women's is rounder, with more white flowers. Both have a similar drydown: powdery green, earthy and very dry. The only fragrance I can compare it to is Windsong. I'm not saying that smells exactly like that, but rather it has that same dry, "aldehydic" flair to it, but more balmy.

Mist it on lighlty in summer and it's a great. Actually, go with a light hand anytime. It can overwhelm very easily. Some people don't like it on account that it smells lot like hairspray when first applied. That it does, but give a while....it will calm down into a very nice balsam like scent.

Steve
    Last edited by stevolution; 3rd January 2008 at 01:05 AM.

This was my signature years ago. I haven't thought about it in long time. Nice to see folks discovering this Miglin frag.
    I remember an exchange with a sales rep in Neimans....her pitch was to ask you to name your favorite frag and when I replied "Pheromone for Men" you could hear the needle scrapping across the record as the conversation abruptly stopped. As her face dropped I asked, "That's it?" to which her clever retorte was "Um...I didn't know there was one for men."

Great story Loungeboy

I have a 1.7oz bottle and a tube of aftershave balm. Both came in a velvet lined, faux leather coffet with "Pher'omone" in gold lettering on the inside of the lid. I bought this during a time when my taste had begun to change. I tried to stay loyal, but I began to move away from Pheromone, because I was tiring of it and also for the way it behaved on me in hot, humid weather. It seem to become extremely sharp on my skin, almost with an ammonia like tinge to it. It was enough to stop me from wearing it as my signature scent....plus, I was bitten by the fragrance collecting bug and other scents were rapidly becoming my "signatures". I actually whore it on new year's eve...and rather heavily!!! It was the first time I've worn it after a year and a half or so of stopping.

I never use the aftershave balm. I keep both of the scent and the balm in their little coffin.

Cheers,
    Steve

BTW, can you recommend me another green scent with that strong sharpness as PHEROMONE has ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.-

Halston 1-12 (discontinued but still readily available, and VERY affordable!) comes to mind first thing.

MASSIVE sale thread -- everything must go: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=203937
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 3rd January 2008 at 02:41 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I am loyal to Pheromone for men. It is a very unique scent you will either love it or hate it - I suggest you contact the Miglin Institue and they will glading forward a sample to you.

The oil used in the fragrance are very good quality which makes the scent very rich and long lasting. The fragrance itself is based on ancient recipes from the Egyptians the base of the fragrance is wine resin which is very distinct in the fragrance. Other ingrents are rare grasses, seeds and bark.

In closing the closet scent that comes to mind with Pheromone is Aromatics Elixir.