Code of Conduct

Default Creed Cuir de Russie Alternatives?

I have a small decant of Creed's Cuir de Russie. I have worn it twice and it is the first "Russian Leather" type scent I have tried. I like the scent, but it seems very short-lived on me (less than two hours). I like the way the leather and birch play with the other notes, particularly the lemon and sandalwood.

I am looking for recommendations for a scent similar to Cuir de Russie, but longer lived. Any ideas?

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Creed Cuir de Russie Alternatives?

What you need is a leather scent that's dominated by birch tar. With the wardrobe feature down I'm challenged to recall specific fragrances, but once the directory is back on line, try a serch with "birch tar" in the notes field.

Fortunately for you, Cuir De Russie is a whole genre of fragrances ( Russian leather ). Like Vibert said, birch tar heavy. You might want to try Piver's or Chanel's Cuir de Russie, and Tauer's Lonestar Memories. There are also some fragrances I haven't tried that are in the same category: Elsha 1776, Farina Gegenuber Kolnisch Juchten, Demeter Russian Leather and possibly SMN Colonia Russa ( if someone can clear up whether the last one is a Russian leather frag it would be much appreciated ).

I don't think you'll find a "cheaper" version of it, a la MI/Unforgivable, but the closest thing I've smelled to it is Film Noir by Ava Luxe. Even if you don't find it to be a "replacement", I'll bet you'd like it, given that you like CdR.

--------

Weird - I just came across this review/article about Russian leather.
    http://reviews.ebay.com/Russian-Leat...AT:-1:SEARCH:3
    Last edited by Scentronic; 2nd January 2008 at 06:39 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Parfum d'Empire's Cuir Ottoman is heavy on the birch tar and one of the best leather scents I know. Though it doesn't have any aldehydic and floral undertones, there are similarities to CdR.