Code of Conduct

Default Want to buy my next Creed...

Hey fellow Basenoters,
    I need your recommendations for my next Creed scent. Since the Wardrobe is down for everyone, currently I have GIT, MI, BdP, and SMW. I like scents that are fresh and clean, but that also last a long time. Longevity is a must. I am currently debating between Original Vetiver and Erolfa, so how is the longevity on those two? Which one would you say is longer?

Also, any other recommendations would be appreciated. These would be blind buys, but the reason I am asking all of you is because the rest of my Creeds were also blind buys based on this forum's recommendations, so I place my highest trust in you guys. I was also thinking of Himalaya but I have heard that it does not last very long.

Thanks.
    Last edited by akshay03; 2nd January 2008 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Want to buy my next Creed...

The two you have chosen are both good, and sufficiently different from the GIT-MI-SMW similarities.

OV may be safer blind, but of the two, i think Erolfa is the superior and more unique. It is quite long-lasting. The saltiness takes a bit of getting used to, but it is on my wish list for a full bottle.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I would like to recommend Virgin Island Water. It is not as playful and immature as it may sound. It is really a beautiful fragrance that on me at least, lasts a long time! It will be my next Creed for sure!

I would recommend Original Vetiver or Himalaya.

OV is green and clean. Smells like a hot summer day.

Himalaya is fresh and almost "frosty". Has a nice zestiness about it.

For a posh, old fashioned scent that is also a fasinating, unisex take on jasmine, try Royal Delight. Erolfa is in the same family, only without RD's deliciously odd leather/jasmine mix. Also, I'm a great fan of Royal Scottish Lavender -- it's an old-fashioned gem if ever there were one.

Original Santal is also a wonderful frag, but (imagine a cleaned up, dressed up Joop!) it doesn't fit the family description you gave as a parameter.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd January 2008 at 08:27 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Erolfa or Original Santal..
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I think Royal English Leather is one of the best Creeds, and longevity is high.

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I would like to recommend Virgin Island Water. It is not as playful and immature as it may sound. It is really a beautiful fragrance that on me at least, lasts a long time! It will be my next Creed for sure!
    I tried VIW at NM and didn't really like it from what I remember. It smelled to me strongly of coconut and I wasn't a big fan.

I'm leaning towards Erolfa right now. Does it last long?

Quote Originally Posted by akshay03 View Post
    I tried VIW at NM and didn't really like it from what I remember. It smelled to me strongly of coconut and I wasn't a big fan.

I'm leaning towards Erolfa right now. Does it last long?
    You have got to be lucky to make Creed MI, SMW, Erolfa last on you.

All these 3 fragrances smell divine for as long as you can smell them and i can only smell them if i sniff them from an inch where i sprayed. This sniffing also is useless after about 2-3 hours because they dont last longer than that on me.

Erolfa smells like you went into an ocean and came out of it and dried yourself. It smells like your salty body. Wish it lasted longer and had SOME sillage.

gupts

I vote for Original Vetiver.

I think of Erolfa as a good choice, but it is a summer fragrance (mine will sit dormant till next May or June).

My recommendation would be to buy a few Creed sample vials across the spectrum and it may surprise you what you like! Some may pleasantly surprise you! This is the strategy I have taken in deciding my future Creed purchases and I am glad I did.

"Fresh & clean" tend to be achievable via the Creed line, but perhaps not always along with "longevity" at the same time.

I suggest Selection Verte in order to fulfill the former, but as for the latter "your mileage may vary . . ."
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .