Code of Conduct

Default Rose 31 & Black Aoud

There are two frags that I am dying to try...

Le Labo Rose 31 &
    Black Aoud

Suggestions on best way to go about this? I live in a pretty rural area, so there certainly isn't anywhere around here I could go try it. Thanks.

Default Re: Rose 31 & Black Aoud

Black Aoud = lucky scent, 3$ a sample i think =)

I also want to try Rose 31... but im living in australia

Other rose frags you can get at Luckyscent are Domenico Caraceni, Montale Aoud Damascus, & 10 Corso Como. A sample of Rose 31 (or any amount of Rose 31 for that matter) will cost you an arm and a leg, I'm still looking for one too!

i purchased Rose 31 at Barney's....i'm guessing you can order the full bottle of the fragrance on the Barney's website....though i wouldnt recommend it without trying it first.....to me, its a very good fragrance but might not be worth the price.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Basenotes Institution

Buy your samples of Montale Black Aoud at Luckyscent (www.luckyscent.com). While you're there, buy one of Domenico Caraceni, or Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur or Rose Poivree by The Different Company. Buy your Rose 31 sample from The Perfumed Court (www.theperfumedcourt.com)

Then...enjoy your samples! These five rose scents represent some real stunning fragrances and I'm sure there will be one you'll love.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd January 2008 at 05:03 AM.

Sweet, thanks guys. I guess I'll give 'em a try. Up until this point, I have been terrified to get a rose scent because I'm scared it will be too feminine. Guess I'll pony up some money and find out!!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Buy your samples of Montale Black Aoud at Luckyscent (www.luckyscent.com). While you're there, buy one of Domenico Caraceni, or Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur or Rose Poivree by The Different Company. Buy your Rose 31 sample from The Perfumed Court (www.theperfumedcourt.com)

Then...enjoy your samples! These five rose scents represent some real stunning fragrances and I'm sure there will be one you'll love.
    Out of that list i have just to try Domenico Caraceni. I think it is only a matter of time when i buy this blind like i bought Montale Black Aoud, Rose 31 & Rose Poivree, all blind buys. At the moment my favourite is Rose 31.
    The opening notes of Voleur de Roses are to die for but the dry down is a different story.

gupts

Damnit, you guys finally did it. I ordered samples of Black Aoud, Domenico Caraceni, Voleur de Roses, AND Rose Poivree.

I've been wanting to avoid it since I know I'll *never* be able to drop that much money on a cologne, and so why indulge myself in things I won't ever own? ... unless the scent is absolutely sublime and girls throw their thongs at me when I walk by.

(.... the thong throwing is a requirement. )
    Last edited by Leifer; 3rd January 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Damnit, you guys finally did it. I ordered samples of Black Aoud, Domenico Caraceni, Voleur de Roses, AND Rose Poivree.

I've been wanting to avoid it since I know I'll *never* be able to drop that much money on a cologne, and so why indulge myself in things I won't ever own? ... unless the scent is absolutely sublime and girls throw their thongs at me when I walk by.

Do let us know mate..when you get your samples and you test them...how many thongs did you manage to catch!

I haven't seen any thrown at me yet....BO, Rose 31 & Voleur have all failed...

I'm married....if thongs are thrown at me, I will be forced to give my scents up here by my wife!! :-)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I'm married....if thongs are thrown at me, I will be forced to give my scents up here by my wife!! :-)
    What about if your wife throws her thong at you? I mean stranger things have happened to me, when I wore Rose 31...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post

you can get 5 ml decants at a place I've heard of. Meet me in the alley.

4 scents 5ml each should get you a few thongs especially at that bar. Yea the one down the alley.

Fredick, which alley? And I can meet you right around 2:30am, when nobody is watching... you okay with that? :P

As for those samples, I'm expecting the female attention to skyrocket. Especially at work... I get incessant attention because of Xeryus Rouge and Nightflight, but I'm going to assume that they're kiddy-stuff compared to these.

You just gotta order samples and try it out. Black Aoud can be had as a sample from Aedes.com or Luckyscent.com. for a nominal fee. Rose 31 can be gotten as a sample directly from the shop in New York or from a Le Labo sales assistant at Barney's. I recomend you call Barney's (Dallas store is more customer friendly than New York!) and ask for the fragrance counter and then for the Le Labo salesperson. Barney's trains people to work in and mix fragrances in the store at the LeLabo Olfactory and I have found these people are more than willing to spray me a nice double sized sample of whatever I am "thinking of buying". They have never charged for .

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    What about if your wife throws her thong at you? I mean stranger things have happened to me, when I wore Rose 31...

Wow, best line of the day.....as soon as I get my first sample, we'll find out how big of a hit it is. :-)