Code of Conduct

Default More recomendations?

Hey guys,

First post here, but iv'e been surfin around a little while. Im pretty new to this frag thing, and recently purchased a fairly big load of samplers to try out. Looking for a few recomendations on what else you guys might recomend?

Heres what ive tried thus far.

A*men
    gucci envy
    Armani mani & code
    egoiste platinum
    Pi
    eau sauvage
    issey miyake
    Creed GIT, SMW
    fahrenheit
    dkny be delicious
    joop
    Burberry brit and london

Out of all these i actually LIKED
    Joop
    Pi
    Egoiste platinum

-Revisitable-
    issey miyake (trying atm but not sure if i like it still)
    both creeds (kinda like but not sure if there worth the huge price to me
    dkny be delicious
    Both armani's were just ok. Nothing special
    A*Men- but more likely to be in the "not like" category.
    Burberry brit- It starts off rather badly i think, super artifical and chemically, but both times ive tried it (slightly later at night i admit) when i wake up it smells really good. Im just not sure if i wanna wait 5+HOURS for something to finally get decent.

the rest i didnt really like at all, and issey might be jumping into that category atm too. Fahrenhiet was notably the worst on me by far lol.

So my question is what else might you recomend? I think most of those i tried there were kinda the main ones people talked about, im sure i left a few out of course.

So far my collection includes:
    1.Esacada sunset heat. ( this was my first frag i ever got, but i really only ever use it for it's intended purchase which was on my vacation cruises. Works nicely in fruitier tropical environment i think)
    2. Givenchy Pi- I'll most likely have this ordered within the week. I really liked it, and was thinking of getting the edp which most say is better. Unless someone can recomend someting they thinks better in the vanilla category? Im in not hurry and happy to try other stuff.

I kinda want something i might be able to wear slightly more casually now though. The escada works well on cruises like i said, and maybe every once in a while in the summer or so. The Pi or something similar i like for the winter/fall. But it's more of a cozy kinda scent to me. More like warm by a fire, close with the SO, or with family/x-mass dinner kinda thing.
    So im looking for more of a wear every day scent. Maybe not quite as fruity as escada, but more upbeat than Pi. Recomend anything you really think fits the bill, just keep away from super spicey ones like fahrenhiet for me

Thanks guys.

Edit: BTW, I dont really got the funds for big Blind purchases, so if you recomend something it'd be super cool if you know any places that sell samples? I got most mine at Perfumebay, but they dont seem to have everything.
    Last edited by cazten; 3rd January 2008 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Info add

Default Re: More recomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by cazten View Post
    Hey guys,
    Out of all these i actually LIKED
    Joop
    Pi
    Egoiste platinum

So im looking for more of a wear every day scent. .
    Why not go with Egoiste Platinum then? Similar, perhaps even more casual, and more affordable, would include Paco Rabanne XS, and from the maligned house of Calvin Klein, an absolute classic, Eternity.

Other everyday scents include Bvlgari PH and Aqua. You seem to like sweeter frags, maybe Polo Double Black is a nice combination of freshness with sweetness?

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Out of what i've tried, yes, i rather like sweeter frags thus far. But i kinda wanna expand a little beyond that. The escada one particularly is more sweetness than i need lol.

I like the egoiste platinum yes, but i wanna try more before i commit to buying something. Im in no hurry to get tons of frags, so id rather spend more time trying things and sampling to find what i really want.

I like eternity, but my dad wears that and he has a huge thing about no one else having the same frag as him. I figure i'll respect that until i get more funds to get my own house.

Thx for the other recs.

I've been digging Bulgari PH lately but I'm not sure if I'm too young to wear it (20). Could anyone tell me what the base notes of it are? I know its a tea, but whether its white, green, black?.. Also my local priceline had a pack with the EDT and 100 ml shampoo / body wash, for $41.30 (australian), reckon thats a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I've been digging Bulgari PH lately but I'm not sure if I'm too young to wear it (20). Could anyone tell me what the base notes of it are? I know its a tea, but whether its white, green, black?.. Also my local priceline had a pack with the EDT and 100 ml shampoo / body wash, for $41.30 (australian), reckon thats a good price?
    20 is not too young for BPH, I wore it at the same age. ot sure what colour tea it is (certainly not as dark as Tea for Two) but it is supprted by a fresh white musk.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime