Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Where did you buy your Green Irish Tweed, and was it fresh/genuine?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purchased from an AUTHORIZED CREED RETAILER, and the product was FRESH and GENUINE/AUTHENTIC

22 34.38%
  • Purchased from an AUTHORIZED CREED RETAILER, and the FRESHNESS WAS QUESTIONABLE, but it was REAL

3 4.69%
  • Purchased from a DISCOUNT ONLINE RETAILER, and the product was FRESH and GENUINE/AUTHENTIC

16 25.00%
  • Purchased from a DISCOUNT ONLINE RETAILER, and the FRESHNESS WAS QUESTIONABLE, but it was REAL

7 10.94%
  • Purchased from a DISCOUNT ONLINE RETAILER, and the PACKAGING/BOTTLE WAS QUESTIONABLE

0 0%
  • Purchased from a DISCOUNT ONLINE RETAILER, and received an OBVIOUS FAKE

0 0%
  • Purchased from an EBAY SELLER, and the product was FRESH and GENUINE/AUTHENTIC

4 6.25%
  • Purchased from an EBAY SELLER, and the FRESHNESS WAS QUESTIONABLE, but it was REAL

2 3.13%
  • Purchased from an EBAY SELLER, and the PACKAGING/BOTTLE WAS QUESTIONABLE

2 3.13%
  • Purchased from an EBAY SELLER, and received an OBVIOUS FAKE

6 9.38%
  • Purchased from a BASENOTES MEMBER, and the product was FRESH and GENUINE/AUTHENTIC

8 12.50%
  • Purchased from a BASENOTES MEMBER, and the FRESHNESS WAS QUESTIONABLE, but it was REAL

0 0%
  • Purchased from a BASENOTES MEMBER, and the PACKAGING/BOTTLE WAS QUESTIONABLE

0 0%
  • Purchased from a BASENOTES MEMBER, and received an OBVIOUS FAKE

2 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did your Green Irish Tweed come from and is it good?

I'm only starting another Creed/GIT thread in order to cut down on the overall number of similar posts! I swear!

I'm hoping that by putting this question in poll form, some correlation to where you buy it and if its fresh/genuine will emerge, and we can stop asking the same question(s) over and over!

- A few notes:

*We are assuming that all bottles purchased at an authorized Creed retailer (Neiman Marcus, Parfumsraffy, etc) are obviously genuine and include the appropriate doumentation and serial number(s).

*By "Discount online retailers", we are referring to online retailers like Scentiments.com, Fragrancenet.com, Perfume.com, etc.

*Please be aware that GIT and other fragrances DO come in different bottle sizes that look different. (ex. the black 4oz bottle versus the clear 2.5oz bottle) This does not warrant a vote for HAVING HAD suspicion about the product or it's packaging, even if you now know that there is a difference.

*If you obtained your bottle via a combination of online retailers (ex. purchased from Fragrancenet.com through their online ebay store), simply consider this as having purchased through a "Discount Online Retailer", not a normal ebay seller.

I think I covered all the options, but if I missed one, let me know and I'll try to edit it in.

The more votes there are, the more reliable the correlation(s) will be. Hopefully this will help cut down on all the GIT threads!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Where did your Green Irish Tweed come from and is it good?

FragranceX.com....it's authentic

Post Thanks / Like

You say it's "authentic" (I'm assuming by this, you mean that the packaging is unquestionable, and the serial number(s) either are there now or have been removed), but is it FRESH? Please distinguish (and cast your vote(s)), as I've taken the time to divide up all the possible options. The more specific you are, the better.

I'm TRYING to split hairs, here. That way, the results will be very specific, and we can end these redundant threads.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 3rd January 2008 at 04:40 AM.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

I have a very very strong feeling sadly over 60% of 4oz Green Irish Tweed listings on ebay are fraudulent.
    I don't get this feeling at all for any Creeds on eBay besides 4oz SMW and GIT.

ssjoebear has been getting over for like 1900 bottles already, and probably a hundred bootleg Green Irish Tweeds or more...

...right ?

My spidey sense is tingling on ssjjoebear...
    I'd feel comfortable buying almost any other Creed besides GIT & SMW on eBay.....for now.....

I also think all of the discount websites listed sell authentic old stock, at a discount.
    Old stock/last season/b-stock is the nature of discount retail, web or not.

Hope this helps.

i got myself a bottle from uk online seller 21stscentury the juice is good and the only thing is it was a 2005 bottle , which the stamp on the box and bottle state in the stamped code , i bought it in feburary 2007, so would you consider it fresh or stale?

certainly smells good though!
    The World Is Yor Lobster

Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably still put that in the fresh category, especially if you can tell that everything is legit and it smells nice and bright.

More than 2 or 3 years old....then we're getting into the "questionable" category.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    You say it's "authentic" (I'm assuming by this, you mean that the packaging is unquestionable, and the serial number(s) either are there now or have been removed), but is it FRESH? Please distinguish (and cast your vote(s)), as I've taken the time to divide up all the possible options. The more specific you are, the better.

I'm TRYING to split hairs, here. That way, the results will be very specific, and we can end these redundant threads.
    There will never be any closure on Creeds authenticity because all Creed will say is that production is done in a forest in France. Vague?

They don't reply to emails. We never heard from any representative about the provenance of the Creed cologne which is still on ebay.

Did their printer ever run a typo on a box so that that it read Green Frich Tweed? I don't think they know.

At this point I'd only trust the outlets on the Creed website, but is that really their website?

Is there really a Creed company or is this a French inside joke?

a lot of the above is hyperbole on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

Dublin, authorized retailer. At least as much I've learned from my brother-in-law who bought it. I've had no problem with it whatsoever.

Sorry, this is not for GIT but I have purchased an '07 bottle of SMW from perfumebay.com that was totally fresh and authentic...the box and "everything" about it. However, I usually order from Neiman or Parfumsraffy. I love ordering from Parfumsraffy as their Creed boxes arrive totally "crisp" just like it came right out of production.

I just received a bottle of SMW from 99perfumes and it's just perfect. The box was even shrunk wrapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I don't know if I've ever seen a shrink-wrapped Creed box before! Not at Neiman's and not from an online seller.

Ruggles, was the serial number still on the box and bottle? If so, what year is it from? (the last two digits are the year it was made)

Hmmm. I don't know if I've ever seen a shrink-wrapped Creed box before! Not at Neiman's and not from an online seller.

Ruggles, was the serial number still on the box and bottle? If so, what year is it from? (the last two digits are the year it was made)
    Here are some photos. I"m sure the shrink wrap was done by 99perfumes to keep the box clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine (4oz bottle) from the ebay seller< AllSheWants>,FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by giannis; 3rd January 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me, Ruggles.

Personally, I've:

Purchased retail, and got good stuff
    Purchased online, and got questionable freshness (twice), and,
    Purchased on ebay, and got an obvious fake

I won't accept a product without a serial number any more - no exceptions.

Looks good to me, Ruggles.
    Personally, I've:
    Purchased retail, and got good stuff
    Purchased online, and got questionable freshness (twice), and,
    Purchased on ebay, and got an obvious fake
    I won't accept a product without a serial number any more - no exceptions.
    I will only buy the 30 ml. sizes on line as I think it would be a waste of time to counterfeit small bottles. But, who knows? Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Post Thanks / Like

Generally I think that it is best to bite the bullet, go to a reliable place and pay retail--I get my Creeds at N-M or Bergdorf's. However, I go to a great little discount place in Los Angeles on 7th (have found Ungaro II, Dunhill '34, Coriolan, Jules, etc.) and they occasionally get Creeds in. I took a gamble on at 2.5 oz GIT and it is the real deal--fresh and half the price of retail. The only problem is you never know what they will get in....

Are there any reputable Creed dealers on E-bay?
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Where did your Green Irish Tweed come from and is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by giannis View Post
    I bought mine (4oz bottle) from the ebay seller< AllSheWants>,FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmm, I had allshewants picked as an authentic Creed seller. Were you being sarcastic, or does she really sell bootlegs ?

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought SMW and GIT from scentiments.com. They are real and arrived fresh. I questioned their authenticity prior to buying and the lady who runs the site referred me to both this website and another site where people proved her stuff was the real stuff sold in dept stores.. my SMW is a tester, which I compared to a friend's from a Niemen Marcus store.. both are identical, except mine says "TESTER NOT FOR SALE" in very small letters. Both smell identical. I have to say scentiments.com is the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

What I DON'T want for this thread is to turn into a discussion about which particular sellers are bad/ripoff artists. While I do believe it is important that people know the good sellers from the "bad" ones, they aren't here to defend themselves and this POLL is supposed to deal more with the different outlets that GIT can be obtained through (Authorized retailers, online companies, Ebay sellers, and Basenoters) and to compare the results. We can set up another thread (if we so choose) to discuss the various companies and individual sellers within these outlets, but if we do that here, this thread will blow up in our faces and simply add more fuel to the fire.

My only hope is that correlations will emerge, and meaningful data will allow our fellow Basenoters to make educated decisions (or in some cases, "gambles") about where to buy from.

For instance, with only 34 votes cast at this point, it would make sense to say that ordering from a discount online retailer will probably get you a genuine product, but 25&#37; of the time, the freshness of the juice is questionable. We could also say that since the largest majority of people that voted were people that purchased from an authorized retailer and 100% of them received a fresh, authentic product, that is obviously the safest way to go. At this point, there are a few other categories gathering votes, but nothing very concrete...Keep voting!

More predictions: Basenotes members are generally reliable sellers; Ebay sellers are not.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
    I have bought SMW and GIT from scentiments.com. They are real and arrived fresh. I questioned their authenticity prior to buying and the lady who runs the site referred me to both this website and another site where people proved her stuff was the real stuff sold in dept stores.. my SMW is a tester, which I compared to a friend's from a Niemen Marcus store.. both are identical, except mine says "TESTER NOT FOR SALE" in very small letters. Both smell identical. I have to say scentiments.com is the real deal.
    Nice to have some disagreement about particular discount online retailers, as I'm not endorsing anything here... Scentiments was one of the retailers that I returned a skunked bottle with the serial number ground off to. I've never heard anyone question the authenticity of Scentiment's products. Again, "the real deal" doesn't always mean "the real FRESH deal". However, I've had great experiences with them every other time I've bought. I got 4-year old Royal Delight from them and have no complaints. (but R.D. doesn't seem to be nearly as volatile as GIT)
    Last edited by Scentronic; 3rd January 2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    FragranceX.com....it's authentic
    Authentic and fresh...sorry I didn't specify before.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought part of Creed's deal was hermetic sealing or something that preserved the fragrance incredibly well..
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli