Code of Conduct

Default Your thoughts on Burberry Brit

I smelled Burberry Brit for men for the first time today and while I noticed the resemblance to Code which is often mentioned I also smelled Gucci PH in there. Not the incense Gucci has but the sweetness, spice and woods. I'm not really looking for another frag as I am about to receive Prada PH this afternoon (mail order) but am interested in peoples opinions on this one.

Default Re: Your thoughts on Burberry Brit

I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. Very nice IMO

Quote Originally Posted by transmaniacon View Post
    I didn't like it one bit, it was revolting for me. Maybe the bottle I had tested was bad, but it smelled putrid and greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by transmaniacon View Post
    Right: Burberries are always very wearable and very tolerable.

Makes them boring in my opinion, and I absolutely hate the distinct Blueberry pattern. Now I'm being a snob, because if the same scent was used for another house, then I'd love it.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 3rd January 2008 at 10:01 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

It reminded me of potpourri.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potpourri

It's one of the best designer frags around. Very cleverly rejuvenates the classic English citrus-floral-powder theme.
    I have a certain quirky Anglophile fondness for Burberry's from its pre-Chav days. Love my vintage navy blazer
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

it could be just my skin, but my experience wasnt super great.

At first smell it was rediculously synthetic to me. I figured i'd let it go for a while and see how it developes... Few hours pass and nothing changes, except it gets a tad more powdery. I right it off as useless. HOWEVER, when i woke up in the morning it smelled excellent. Not a single trace of the smell before i passed out. It was kinda citrus floral like the guy below stated, but it was done unlike anything else i'd really smelled before. I dont know how to describe it as im kinda new to frags, but it was citrus floral to me without a single shred of feminine smell to it. I dont know how to describe it.

Problem is iv'e yet to figure out how long it takes to develope to this. The few times ive sampled it i tried it at 7/6pm, and by 12am it still wasnt rdy yet. But every time when i wake up it's good.

Maybe itl work better for others but for my im not willing to spray it on me 6+ hours in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Right: Burberries are always very wearable and very tolerable.

Makes them boring in my opinion, and I absolutely hate the distinct Blueberry pattern. Now I'm being a snob, because if the same scent was used for another house, then I'd love it.
    I think you and good_life are on to something here. Burberry currently suffers from image over-saturation, particularly in Europe, where the brand has been cruelly adopted by the chav culture (and although it hasn't reached that point in America due to anglophilia and the relative novelty of the brand, I can readily imagine eyes rolling at the sight of the distinctive Burberry plaid). Don't underestimate the impact branding has on a fragrance. I can certainly agree with the statement that had this fragrance been released by, say, Penhaligon's or Floris or even by the cult-favorite C&S, it would be more readily accepted as a more authentic "nod" to the English fragrance tradition. I can also certainly admit that while I came for the Burberry brand, I stayed because Brit for Men is simply a modern designer classic, imo.
    Last edited by Circa1905; 4th January 2008 at 02:05 AM.

I always get compliment when I use Brit. And I'm gonna wear it now as SotD.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

i love it. date said i smelt good enough to eat. happy days.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I like Brit. A good friend of mine uses it so I had to smell it everyday so I got a bit tired of it. I really like Burberry London though.
    Both are very good choices.

My first Burberry fragrance was Weekend. I bought it solely because it is a chypre and my olfactory world was limited to chypres at that point. Weekend is a good, but not great, fragrance imo - too fresh and transparent for my taste!

Brit for Men is the one that gave the house credibility for me. I was shocked and delighted at how good and rich it smelled on me.

I have since purchased London for Men and I like it even better than Brit.

2 out of 3 is not a bad batting average.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Brit is very nice.

I pick up English tea at the heart with powder, floral, and a little citrus. It does not project the best and hangs pretty close to the skin, but everyone who gets close just loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    where the brand has been cruelly adopted by the chav culture.
    What is "chav culture"? I haven't heard of that phrase before.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
    What is "chav culture"? I haven't heard of that phrase before.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Respek!

When I went to local Macy's, I've managed to try Brit on three different occasions. The first two I liked it, but for some reason I tried it on again yesterday and received a headache. :x

Blog Entries

I remember when I first tried Brit a couple years ago I really disliked it. I thought it was too powdery & sweet. For some reason, though, whenever I went to the mall I always gave it another sniff. After a couple times of spritzing from the tester, I decided I needed a full bottle. It's one of my all-time faves now . I even got my dad hooked on it...which is kinda funny. You rarely hear of a father/daughter wearing the same frag .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

For me just too powdery - but I don't really like that type of character in a scent in general. Still, it's not bad, and you can find it for fairly good prices at the TJMaxx/Marshalls/Ross.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

i prefer London...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com