Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stardust for Men -- Good Price on E-bay Now

Sorry if this is the wrong board to post this to. I'm not sure where this should go.
    Stardust for Men is not frequently discussed these days, but it remains hard to find
    and still is one of my Top 10 fragrances.

I saw what looks like a great deal on a 100ml bottle of EdT:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stardust-for-Men...sid=p1638.m118
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 4th January 2008 at 05:03 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Stardust for Men -- Good Price on E-bay Now

Thank you, sir. I got it!

I grabbed one as well; many thanks!
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Basenotes Plus

Were there two?

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Were there two?
    There were 6 of them...

You bought 1,
    the poster above got one,
    Uncle Griff got one,

and there is this 'fightguy' who bought 3......

http://search.stores.ebay.com/stardu...refinesearchZ1

If you want a lifetime supply you can follow the link below. Stardust has been discontinued and is being liquidated. You can buy their inventory (fragrance and body products) in lot sizes. Maybe some basenotes members can get together and buy what is left of the men's.

http://www.100perfumes.com/forums/Perfume/m20433.htm

I think those are reasonably priced, too. I can't recall specifically, but when I ordered my bottle several years ago from Neiman Marcus, I believe, it was in the $70-$80 range to begin with.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

http://search.express.ebay.com/merch...smic_closeouts

I snagged one from this seller also, but from this site. Says 2 left but that was the case before I ordered. Try your luck, Maybe there isn't any more and the seller had listed these on the regular eBay board and I won't get one but the PayPal payment went through. Refund if not I guess.
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    http://search.express.ebay.com/merch...smic_closeouts

I snagged one from this seller also, but from this site. Says 2 left but that was the case before I ordered. Try your luck, Maybe there isn't any more and the seller had listed these on the regular eBay board and I won't get one but the PayPal payment went through. Refund if not I guess.
    The link is to eBay Express. Note: items on eBay Express also appear on regular eBay but not all eBay items appear on eBay Express.

So now if the review part of the site was working I could read about what I've missed!

I might have picked up a bottle if I was an E-bay'er, but I don't have an account and
    don't want to start doing E-bay purchases now. I already spend enough on
    photography forums.

The bottle I last bought at Nordstrom was $80 for 100ml. That was maybe three years ago.
    Glad you gents were able to purchase some of this very fine juice.

Hi Trumpy & others .. I wish I had the spare bling so I could sample a bottle .. BUT !!
    >> Its possible this seller knows something we don't <<
    I read all older threads and it seems their is a reason for price drop from c$350/$400 down to the bargain it is now .
    Perhaps it may soon be re released as you mentioned TG ?
    I also noticed how once all the bottles sold ( as mentioned by gupts ) twere replenished instantly .
    Perhaps he holds the bulk of all unsold stock ? and having some inside info is selling them of asap .
    Just my two-bobs worth .
    cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hi Trumpy & others .. I wish I had the spare bling so I could sample a bottle .. BUT !!
    >> Its possible this seller knows something we don't <<
    I read all older threads and it seems their is a reason for price drop from c$350/$400 down to the bargain it is now .
    Perhaps it may soon be re released as you mentioned TG ?
    I also noticed how once all the bottles sold ( as mentioned by gupts ) twere replenished instantly .
    Perhaps he holds the bulk of all unsold stock ? and having some inside info is selling them of asap .
    Just my two-bobs worth .
    cheers .
    Most likely this is liquidated inventory they bought directly from Stardust/Parfums Lewellyn or maybe they got it somehow through their former international distributor who bought at a very good discount.

A little story on the background of the men's. As I mentioned in another thread, I worked for Parfums Llewelyn and was involved in the launch of the men's. Honestly, I doubt this fragrance would have ever seen the light of day had I not pushed for its completion. When I arrived at Parfums Llewelyn they were having some difficulties with the women's Stardust. Phillip had been working on a men's juice and I immediately noticed its promise. I helped him complete it as well as negotiate with his investors to lauch it. I believed strongly enough in the men's that it became part of my strategy to buoy the women's scent. It worked in the beginning but ultimately it proved to difficult to overcome the lack of retailer support and the substantial amount of debt that they had accumulated launching the women's.

Maestro,

Can you shed some light on the predominant notes in Stardust for Men?
    I had heard that it was Mexican Lime, Nutmeg and Sandalwood. Someone on this
    board was quite certain there is a heavy dose of patchouli also. I find the accord very
    pleasing, and am amazed that the Mexican Lime note lasts throughout the wearing.

Also, do you know what other scents Phillip developed? I know he told me he had
    worked for Elizabeth Arden and I thought he had said he was involved in developing
    Chloe. He mentioned once that he had met with Karl Lagerfeld and I understood he
    had done some work for him as well.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 6th January 2008 at 09:29 AM.

Seeing everyone here buying not one but mutliple bottles of this stuff, i couldn't resist buying it for myself. The seller on eBay just listed another bottle and yours truly just snapped it

Can't wait to see what this buzz is about the 'mexican lime' that seems to stay forever.

gupts

I am finding this thread extremely frustrating. Partly because the directory is down and partly because while all of you are snapping up bottles of this, no one is saying why! I think leaving a review, even a brief review, would be very kind! Thanks in advance.....

Here's a few blurbs regarding Stardust off the old Yahoo! Basenotes Group (note, these were all from 5-5 1/2 years ago):

Stardust! Yes this screams sex. Silky
    soft notes of mexican lime with vanilla. It creates the mood of silk
    boxers sliding against silk sheets with an incandescent blue light
    shining down right before some mmmmmmm YEAHHHHH BABY!!!!!!! (Ali)

As a little dude I was obsessed with Z-14 I would take my Dads all
    the time. I have not smelled it in ages. Whenever I wear stardust
    my father comments on how it resembles Z-14 so I tried some Z-14
    today and had a BLAST from the past. (Ali again -- big fan of Stardust)

I also received my bottle of Stardust upon Al's raves. I have to say I find it
    F A B U L O U S!!!!!!!! Thanks Al!!Such a dreamy, entrancing, addicting scent
    that defies the typical categories. I'm going out on a date Sunday and can't
    wait to wear it. It pleased me immediately and only got better. A bit like
    fragrance crack I think. One hit and I was hooked. (Steve)

I got it! First of all...Killer bottle! Frosted glass with a flat
    front and angular back, like the Pi bottle. But it leans back, and
    from the side looks like a rocket ready for lift off.
    Now to the scent. It's very nice and I'm definately not
    disappointed!!! It's kind of tangy, sweet, and a little dry. It
    definately blossoms on the dry down. It's unique that's for sure, and
    kind of reminds me of a few things; A tangier, minus the mint and
    less obtrusive Le Male. A little bit of Casran mixed in there too,
    not as edible, but it kinda sneaks up on you. Makes me think,
    champagne, clean soap, and a horses saddle. If you can make any sense
    of it!
    I think it is versatile and can be worn in most climates, although it
    seems best suited for a cooler day (say 45 degrees, or about 7
    celsius for some of you)
    Of course these are my initial impressions after about 15 minutes. I
    am gonna wear it each day this week, and I'll have a better
    prospective by the weekend.
    So far, so good....a very original winner.
    Regards,
    Eric (evscott01)

Another posting from Eric with more company info:

On a Personal Note
    Fine fragrance houses may be getting competition from a startup
    company that has beaten the odds. Stardust, a line created by Phillip
    Prime, is making a splash at exclusive retailers such as Bergdorf
    Goodman, Herrod's of Lon-don, select Saks Fifth Avenue stores and
    other prestige or niche locations.

Mr. Prime, a native of Trinidad, has come a long way, according to
    company executives. His career began in medicine; he went on to
    chemistry and eventually ended up developing perfumes for Elizabeth
    Arden. With his chemistry background, he is one of the few fragrance
    designers who actually makes his own perfume, a company spokes-person
    said.

Mr. Prime began working with fragrances in 1968 and was involved in
    the creation of such fragrances as Chloe and Lagerfeld. He commented
    on the changes that have occured in fragrance during that time.

"Society used to be restricted," he said. "Gender roles were much
    more rigid. Now, people want to get closer to one another, and
    fragrances have followed that trend, with materials and notes
    crossing over more often between the masculine and the feminine."

Fragrance also concentrates much more on individuality and
    exploration, according to Mr. Prime. "Today's woman has confidence,
    and she will be drawn not only to what makes her feel beautiful, but
    also her whole concept of what's good in her life and what helps her
    to identify with the person she is," he pointed out.

With this ideal—and his wife, Cynthia— in mind, he created Stardust
    for women. "Stardust is unique, strong and sensual," he said. "It is
    a tribute to my wife because she exemplifies that kind of woman."

Mr. Prime was careful to mirror that inspiration in each aspect of
    the fragrance, including the packaging. "We worked around the
    fragrance's concept and came up with something really beautiful," he
    said. "With its prism shape, when the bottle is turned, it creates
    art. It's multidimensional, as a woman is."

Mr. Prime's newest venture is a male version of the fragrance. The
    scent was released last fall. He said that the product has been well
    received; a series of promotions in March during Beauty Week in
    Chicago are expected to spread the word to consumers and cement the
    new fragrance's place on the shelf.

But whether creating a scent for men or women, the basic principle is
    the same. "Men and women want the same thing—to get closer," Mr.
    Prime said. "A wonderful fragrance can help them do that."

Source: www.happi.com (April 02')

From Bill Good:

Hi guys-

I recently got an order that I placed at Nordstrom's
    beauty line (800-7-Beauty) and inside were samples for
    a men's EDT called Stardust, from Parfums Llewelyn, an
    Indianapolis based fragrance company (nothing against
    Indianapolis, but go figure?). It's an amazing scent!

I placed an order for it with the beauty line and the
    woman told me that none of the Nordstrom stores carry
    it, only a place in Southern California. The little
    bit of research that I did turned up one website
    (happi.com) that discussed the release of Stardust for
    Women in 1998 - a fruity oriental. Unfortunately,
    there is absolutely no info. that I could find on
    Stardust for Men.

So, turning to your collective expertise, I'm
    wondering if anyone has any knowledge of and/or
    experience with this fragrance? I'm very excited to
    get it!

Thanks in advance!

-Bill

This should answer most of the questions. Here's the Parfums Llewelyn original PR material:

Parfums Llewelyn
    Parfums Llewelyn is a prestige fragrance company with a vision of designing fragrances that express and affirm the value of the women and men who use them. Parfums Llewelyn’s fragrances celebrate the dreams and accomplishments, and fuels the desires of women and men, recognizing the uniqueness and value of each individual. The products by design and presentation allow customers to express and affirm themselves through fragrance.

STARDUST, the premier Parfums Llewelyn fragrance line is truly celebratory. From the stunning prismatic bottle with its star-embossed oval cap, to its brushed silver and blue outer packaging, to the translucent clarity and freshness of the floral – oriental “juice” inside, the STARDUST woman’s fragrance inspires and affirms her. Today’s woman is more confident and self-assured. STARDUST captures her sparkle and sensuality as well as her strength.

STARDUST for men is powerful without being overwhelming, invigorating and infinitely appealing. Fresh, but with a Fougere structure emphasizing a sensual woodiness intermingles with citrus, hints of bourbon vanilla, rich musk and impressions of leather. The fragrances are dissimilar yet complimentary. The STARDUST male is secure in himself and can find pleasure in the strength and continued growth of the woman. Both make a dynamic statement separately or paired.

Phillip (Philippe) Llewelyn Prime – Visionary, Perfumer and Founder
    In a market that is jaded by too much of the same comes a fresh voice with a different cadence. Phillip has brought to the prestige fragrance industry a point of view shaped by his Caribbean roots and the influence of a powerful yet gentle mother who gave birth to fourteen children and nurtured every one to extraordinary success.

“My mother’s signature was her fashion elegance and her passion was mentoring children. Scores of successful men and women in different parts of the world credit their achievements to her inspiration. I grew up accepting the extraordinary influence and unlimited potential of women as a fact of every day life. My fragrance reflects that expectation. STARDUST celebrates affirms and inspires this vision”

Phillip discovered an interest in fragrance during his boyhood years as he explored the wealth of fragrant, exotic botanicals in his native Trinidad. As a Research Chemist, then later as a Perfumer with Elizabeth Arden, he was able to hone his creative skills and enhance his natural ability, contributing to the success of lines such as Chloe by Lagerfeld, KL and Lagerfeld for men.

Today, with more than three decades of industry experience to his credit, Phillip has shaped, STARDUST, a fragrance line that captures a woman’s true essence and comes as close to giving what every women desires in a sensory encounter – total satisfaction.

The STARDUST Vision
    “STARDUST is the story of people, passion, relationships and the power of individual potential to create and enjoy a lifestyle that is exciting and self-affirming.” Phillip Prime – Founder

STARDUST Marketing
    In marketing STARDUST, Parfums Llewelyn has taken a departure from the traditional thinking. There is no “sexploitation” and no particular celebrity endorsement. The STARDUST woman speaks with her own voice. She has an inherent sense of her own value and wears her fragrance because she enjoys it and it affirms her.

STARDUST sells because the fragrance itself is luscious. Because it’s unique, elegant, prismatic bottle echoes the multi-dimensional aspect of its user. It is - and she is - a surprise at every turn always alluring but never completely predictable. Like the cobalt blue embossed stars on the cap, she sparkles in her sphere.

Bold, modern, dramatic, STARDUST combines the mystery of the future with the romance of the past. Once used, it is not forgotten. In every decade there have been fragrances that have captured the spirit of the times and the imagination of the women who have worn them. Now comes STARDUST, sparkling, sensuous, satisfying, articulating the very essence of today’s aspiring and accomplished woman.

STARDUST The Fragrance
    There is an element of surprise and intrigue characterizing STARDUST. It is, like the woman who wears it, complex, contemporary, passionate, unpredictable. STARDUST is a fruity, floral-oriental fragrance. Created for the woman of today, STARDUST captures the very essence of who she is and the intriguing nuances of all she is becoming

The fragrance opens with a modern splash of tropical tangerine and water hyacinth. A dash of pepper adds a burst of tingling excitement, while soft petals of purple freesia and osmanthus flower hint at the subtle fruity nuances intermingling throughout.

The heart blooms with the luxurious floral notes of Casablanca lily, night blooming jasmine, red carnation, peony and yellow mimosa. The sensuality of the drydown comes through an intoxicating blend of sandalwood, musk, precious woods, amber and luscious plum.

The STARDUST Fragrance Collection
    Women’s Parfum, 30 ml $250.00
    Women’s Eau de Parfum, 50 ml $ 78.00
    Women’s Eau de Parfum, 100 ml $110.00
    Women’s Eau de Toilette, 50 ml $ 65.00
    Women’s Eau de Toilette, 100 ml $ 95.00
    Women’s Perfume Body Lotion, 6.7 oz $ 40.00
    Women’s Bath and Shower Gel, 6.7 oz $ 30.00
    Women’s Moisturizing Body Mist, 200 ml $ 48.00
    Men’s Eau de Toilette, 50 ml $ 58.00
    Men’s Eau de Toilette, 100 ml $ 85.00
    Men’s After Shave Balm, 5 0z $ 42.00
    Men’s Bath and Shower Gel, 6.7 oz $ 22.00

STARDUST Packaging
    How do you bottle passion, inspiration and aspiration? How do you contain the joy of living in the present and the excitement of future expectations in an essence? If a fragrance can, STARDUST does.

The very name STARDUST evokes an image of mystery and romance. The contrast of nostalgia and the era it implies, versus a contemporary feeling of constellations and starlit skies, creates an alluring appeal. At first glance you feel the contemporary drama of a cut rock crystal slab. Simple and elegant, it is both impressive and glamorous at the same time. Topped with its brushed silver nameplate and star-embossed cobalt blue oval cap, the STARDUST bottle makes a statement that is elegant, expensive and inspirational.

The STARDUST parfum bottle is considered a unique “work of art” by the fragrance industry. The brainchild of world famous designer Marc Rosen, the bottle represents a multi-faceted crystal prism through which light explodes and the crystalline fragrance comes alive. Winner of five of the industry’s most prestigious Fifi Awards, Marc Rosen considers STARDUST one of his most innovative efforts. The bottle represents the multi-dimensional aspects of the STARDUST consumer.

“Through the striking, crystalline prisms of the perfume bottle, she sees a reflection of herself.”- Marc Rosen

The STARDUST carton provides a simple backdrop for this dynamic perfume bottle. Echoing the brushed silver feeling of the nameplate, the front of the box is punctuated with the embossed cap design in a blue oval. The sides of the box contrast with the front and the back in a matching blue.

Selecting STARDUST, consumers are buying into a lifestyle and attitude they can relate…or aspire to. The bottle, touchable and appealing, provides each woman with a multi-dimensional reflection of herself.

STARDUST For Men (Debuts June 2001) “He is visionary, self-confident and affirms his relationships” STARDUST For Men is an original composition of fresh citrus notes and sensual woody tones. The fragrance is built on a Fougere structure, which includes Italian Bergamot, Spike Lavender, Egyptian Geranium, Oakmoss and a Tobacco accord. It opens with top notes of Mexican Lime, Mediterranean Lemon, juicy Green Mandarin, Siberian Fir Needle, French Cypress and shaved Nutmeg. Middle notes are a heady blend of Stephanotis Jasmine, Ceylonese Sandalwood and Indonesian Patchouli. The full-bodied base is composed of Haitian Vetiver, Benzoin Siam, Spanish Labdanum, creamy Amber, African Olibanum, Bourbon Vanilla, rich Musk and impressions of Leather.

The STARDUST male is at home with himself, yet embraces the sense of completeness that relationships provide. He is confident in his inner strength yet inclusive enough to value and encourage others. He is un-compromising, visionary, complex and ambitious, yet supportive and generous. He makes a great mentor and a companionable friend, and in his life’s journey, leaves the sparkle of stardust in his path.

Just bought a bottle myself. Hope I have no regrets

I saw it for sale on Cosmic Perfume's website yesterday for $99. Today they have it listed for $119.00. No doubt the sudden popularity here fueled the price change. If that's the case, I can't support price gouging.

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    I saw it for sale on Cosmic Perfume's website yesterday for $99. Today they have it listed for $119.00. No doubt the sudden popularity here fueled the price change. If that's the case, I can't support price gouging.
    Price gouging? How about the tried and true law of supply and demand. Consider: You are in business selling colognes. You support yourself with this business. Therefore, you must constantly look for ways to maximize your profit.

Lucky you, you've just acquired a sizable but finite supply of an out-of-production cologne, one that has gained a mystique and reputation as a real gem. How do you offer this supply in a way that maximizes your profit? Once your supply is depleted, you cannot acquire more to resell.You don't want to flood the market so you put up a few bottles at time. Every single bottle you put up for sale at $99 sells in a matter of minutes indicating an obvious high demand. You test the market demand by raising the price. What's wrong with that? In fact, to NOT test the market would be bad business.

Of course, the initial indication of a high demand may be fleeting. Maybe, after everyone on BN has purchased the bottles they want, the velocity of sales starts to diminish. That's a risk the seller takes. But you really cannot disparage a seller in this position from realizing the best profit margin he can.

BTW, Stardust is amazing. A subtle and sophisticated fougere/oriental on a citrusy and woody base. I despaired of ever finding a second bottle so I have been overly cautious in using the one I had. With four bottles now, I am pretty certain I have a personal life time supply.

If anyone is interested in testing this extraordinary fragrance before taking the plunge for a 100ml bottle ( I suspect this seller may have purchased the stock advertised on 100perfumes last August and may have more to list) I have many samples of Stardust in their original 5ml vial and branded card holders that I can send you for free. PM me with your address.

It’s a shame this fragrance never made off the ground - I just don't think the retail pushed it enough. The product was good and unique and I was surprised at Nordstrom who like unique niche did go full throttle with it.

It was Nordstrom that pushed Jivago to be successful which I think is an inferior product to Stardust. I believe it all sums up to the store investing and helping the company push the product - like Bloomingdale did with Sexual too.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    It’s a shame this fragrance never made off the ground - I just don't think the retail pushed it enough. The product was good and unique and I was surprised at Nordstrom who like unique niche did go full throttle with it.

It was Nordstrom that pushed Jivago to be successful which I think is an inferior product to Stardust. I believe it all sums up to the store investing and helping the company push the product - like Bloomingdale did with Sexual too.

You've got that right. I had the uneviable task of trying to negotiate with Nordstrom at the time. They were very difficult to work with. The only reason Stardust was even able to gain the three Nordstrom doors it did was thanks to Marc Rosen's (bottle designer) relationship with the buyer. Stardust was placed in the Parfumeries within Nordstrom, and although Stardust was in good company with many great niche and hard to find brands, it was very limiting on the brands visibility. Stardust invested a great deal in their relationship with Nordstrom including hiring freelancers and training the stores. After a very successful launch I re-approached Nordstrom about future expansion and was told flat out, never.
    Last edited by The_Maestro; 6th January 2008 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    BTW, Stardust is amazing. A subtle and sophisticated fougere/oriental on a citrusy and woody base. I despaired of ever finding a second bottle so I have been overly cautious in using the one I had. With four bottles now, I am pretty certain I have a personal life time supply.

If anyone is interested in testing this extraordinary fragrance before taking the plunge for a 100ml bottle ( I suspect this seller may have purchased the stock advertised on 100perfumes last August and may have more to list) I have many samples of Stardust in their original 5ml vial and branded card holders that I can send you for free. PM me with your address.

Griff is right. The seller should find the price where his overall profit is maximized.
    There is absolutely no reason that I need to purchase this product for below-market
    prices. It is a luxury. Just because it exists, doesn't mean I should be able to get
    it cheaper than another person is willing to pay.

Back to the fragrance itself. I feel it is very well made and is bold. So few fragrances
    today are well-made and bold. So many play it safe. Stardust for Men does not
    play it safe. If you don't care for the particular accords in this fragrance, you will
    probably dislike it very much. That said, I think most Basenoters will actually find
    this very appealing. Think of something with the projection of Angel Men, but
    _WAY_ less "artificial" smelling. I applied 5 sprays over twelve hours ago. My nose
    is half plugged due to a virus. I can still smell it radiating from my chest.

A sensual fragrance that keeps it's bitter citrus note throughout the drydown. Very
    unique in this regard. A men's floral fougere with a bit of musk. Very innovative.
    Griff's sample offer is very generous. Don't miss this chance to see what all the buzz
    is about.
    --------------------------------------
    I must thank The_Maestro for getting the ball rolling on this whole Stardust craze again.
    I saw his post on the Fragrance Industry Discussion board and mentioned that I would
    probably sell my unopened bottle, since the prices had gone through the roof.
    That led me to check the current price on Ebay, and there I saw the $99 bottles.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 7th January 2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, I didn't realize my post would be taken so strongly! "Price gouging" was definitely a poor choice of words.

What I probably should have said is "damn, I should have bought it yesterday when it was $20 less!"

I have to completely abdicate and agree with all of the responses; if I were the seller, I would do the same thing! Maximize profit -- business is a game, and you have to be a winner. You win through profit.

In this particular game though, I'm the buyer, so for me to win, I want to spend the least amount possible. I waited and now the price is going up. By nature, I am a dealhunter -- I read fatwallet and slickdeals on a daily basis. I like getting a good bargain. Sure, everyone does. But also people do afford a good luxury every so often so perhaps if I do ever smell it, I may choose this as one of them.
    Last edited by atrac; 7th January 2008 at 10:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Looks like the seller has exhausted his/her current supply. None offered on eBay that I could see at this time.
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

Looks like the seller has exhausted his/her current supply. None offered on eBay that I could see at this time.
    I didn't even see any listed at 119.95 or for that matter any bottle that got sold at 119.95

gupts

Actually my original post about the price never referred to eBay...I saw it for $99.99 on the actual Cosmic Perfumes website the other day, and then yesterday for $119.99. It is now sold out there as well.

http://www.cosmic-perfume.com/index....OD&ProdID=1184
    Last edited by atrac; 7th January 2008 at 11:29 AM.

No biggie, atrac. I tend to not try to maximize profit either. Making money is not
    the most important thing in life, by any means.

You should get a sample from Griff. This juice will eventually come up for sale again.

Am I crazy or does Stardust have some similarity to Minotaure with the obvious difference that Stardust starts with lime and Minotaure starts with orange? Does anyone else get that?
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

There are 3 more bottles that the seller listed here

So people who missed it out on earlier, do not despair. Now is your chance.

gupts

$99 too! :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    There are 3 more bottles that the seller listed here

So people who missed it out on earlier, do not despair. Now is your chance.

gupts
    I have a feeling this seller has a lot more than 3 bottles left to sell...

I have a feeling this seller has a lot more than 3 bottles left to sell...
    I absolutely agree with you.

I am surprised to see them listed @ 99.95 again.

gupts

Guys see my thoughts earlier ..
    It is possible this person has all the bottles left available for sale on planet earth ...

Just got my bottle. The sprayer didn't work too well, but I'll try using it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Just got my bottle. The sprayer didn't work too well, but I'll try using it tomorrow.
    Did you end up liking it? Did the sprayer get any better?

Yes, after twisting it around a few times. Go figure. As for the scent itself, it is okay. It's one of those that you crave because of all the positive talk. I've only worn it once, so I haven't really given it a fair shot.

If anyone wants any bottles I have some.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Fougères Marines by Montale is essentially a dead ringer for it.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Fougères Marines by Montale is essentially a dead ringer for it.
    I've owned Fougeres Marines in the past and don't see the similarity. Fougeres Marines smelled closer to New West from what I remember. I get a dry lime note in Stardust that I haven't smelled anywhere else.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

New West? Don't see the similarity there -- it's really very musky to me. Hmmm. Different noses, different perceptions.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Anybody write to Griff about a sample....and get a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    New West? Don't see the similarity there -- it's really very musky to me. Hmmm. Different noses, different perceptions.
    Fougeres Marines is musky. The herbal element reminded me of New West but they are different. Stardust has lime and I don't get much musk in it.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Anybody write to Griff about a sample....and get a reply?
    Yes and no.

Phew...I didn't want to take the silence personally!!!!

Hi gang,

Mi dispiace! Mea culpa..My bad... I haven't been watching Basenotes for a week (though my browser keeps me signed in.) I just noticed I have a LOT of PMs to answer. Just include your mailing address and I will send out samples.

Griff

Looking forward to hearing more comments on this! Anyone who received samples and/or bought it care to comment?

I've had it for years and enjoy it a lot.
    I'd be curious what the newly initiated think.

Thanks to Griff I rec'd some to try.

Very nice.......I get a barbershoppish feel to it.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattybumpkin View Post
    Very nice.......I get a barbershoppish feel to it.
    Uh oh......i'm not a big fan of the barbershoppish feel but I'll definitely report in after I've tested my sample.

Rive Gauche was what I was thinking of.......

Couldn't remember the name previously......
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Received my samples tonight. Thanks Griff!

Well, I was expecting this to be unique, given the hype. It's not. It's Creed Himalaya. I've been wearing it for the past 4 hours or so. When I first sniffed the hastily opened vile, I recognized it instantly.....Himalaya. And 4 hours later, it still smells like Himalaya. I pulled out my decant of Himalaya and put a dab on my other wrist. Yep, remarkably similar.

Stardust seems pretty linear. Haven't detected much of a change since I put it on. It does seem to have good sillage and the longevity at this point is at least good.

It's somehow a little more masculine to me than Himalaya but I can't put my finger on it exactly - maybe slightly less fruity. I love the smell of Himalaya but only wear it around the house (not out in public) ocassionally because it's longevity is terrible and it is just a little too feminine IMO. But Stardust is exactly what I want Himalaya to be
    Last edited by MadScientist; 1st February 2008 at 07:23 AM.

Never noticed a similarity to Himalaya, but I've only sampled Himalaya briefly.
    I'll have to check it out more carefully.

I think you will find the Stardust for Men to have excellent longevity.
    You are correct -- it is quite linear.
    I still like it quite a bit.

Regards,
    trumpet_guy

Got my samples too (many thanks to the generous Uncle Griff ).

Never smelled Himalaya, but Stardust is heavenly.

Sort of smells as if you took some Gaultier2 and added citrus and other ingredients...it's linear but complex at once. Lasting power is good.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Blog Entries

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stardust-for-MEN...QQcmdZViewItem

Now, this is interesting. This is the same seller that is currently selling a "Buy-It-Now price", on ebay, the 3.4 oz Stardust for Men at 4 times the selling price of his 1-bidder only lot went for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stardust-for-MEN...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by kbe; 22nd March 2008 at 07:26 PM.

I picked up a nearly full bottle on ebay last week for $17 ... guess the demand has dwindled!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Just out of curiosity, why are some boxes blue and others silver?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    I picked up a nearly full bottle on ebay last week for $17 ... guess the demand has dwindled!
    Yup--

I bought one originally from CosmicClosouts, a 3.4 oz at $111.94 with shipping and insurance. Then I found and bought 5 at $40 each from an offline private party, along with a 1.7 oz at $30 thinking I got a hellova deal on the 2nd purchase.

Buy it from Adeel aka Azsmells (a member on the forum who even sent me a free sample of Stardust, which smells amazing btw! thanks again), http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D42

His price is decent (3.4 oz for only 49.99$!!) and it's also buy-it-now, if only I had paypal though