Code of Conduct

Default Is this ebay auction a fake? - Are there any known good sellers on EBay?

I am wanting a bottle of Lacoste Essential and I have been looking on ebay. I can't tell what ones could be fakes and what ones are real. It is getting annoying and I am about to give up.

Here is the auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LACOSTE-ESSENTIA...ayphotohosting

Also, does anyone know of an ebay seller that is legit? I already pretty much rule out anyone from the East coast.

Default Re: Is this ebay auction a fake? - Are there any known good sellers on EBay?

This specific auction looks good to me, but Lacoste, Boss, Mugler and so on is tricky on eBay. I personally would only buy, if the seller can guarantee the authenticity via e-mail. The fact that it's a tester is a good sign, fake bottles normally come in the original packaging. But you can't always trust the photo. Often sellers shoot a pic of the original and sell the fake one. The sellers feedback is 100% at the moment. Another indication for trustable eBayer.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 4th January 2008 at 03:13 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Default Re: Is this ebay auction a fake? - Are there any known good sellers on EBay?

Looks fine to me too, but if you prefer to buy through a discount online retailer, it can be found here for the same price:

http://www.1stperfume.com/lacessmetsp42u.html

Actually, its a few dollars less when the difference in shipping cost is factored in.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Looks fine to me too, but if you prefer to buy through a discount online retailer, it can be found here for the same price:

http://www.1stperfume.com/lacessmetsp42u.html

Actually, its a few dollars less when the difference in shipping cost is factored in.
    Before you even consider this, please check out the lengthy comments about 1stperfume and its many other names on the City Shopping Guides Forum:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=185700
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

When I see the seller can't spell correctly, I get worried...
    Also, keep an eye out on scentiments.com and find a tester bottle for less than that, and can say they have been reliable to me! Of course, they come and go on scentiments, so keep looking if you don't see it right away.
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette