Code of Conduct

Default Midnight Poison by Christian Dior

I know it's a womans fragrance, but I can't get enough of it. It actually smells quite masculine to my nose; I really like it a lot. I just wanted to know what are some of your thoughts on this fragrance and if it would be suitable for a man.

Default Re: Midnight Poison by Christian Dior

I'll say what I'm sure most of us are going to say: if you are comfortable wearing it, than by all means do so. Just because Dior says it's for women doesn't mean only women can wear it. Personally, if I can find a cheap bottle of Hypnotic Poison, then I'd be wearing it quite often.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it disappointing.

I love the original Poison (I own the parfum of it..one drop will scent an entire room for hours!) and I feel like MP is just a shadow of the scent I love. But some of the ladies on the Womens Board love MP.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this scent in my drobe and i get compliments quite regularly on my "cologne". I think MP is a scent better suited for men anyway.
    Awesomeguy

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll definitely purchase a bottle in the near future when I'm not so broke.

Any comments on Midnight Poison?

I know many men wear Hypnotic Poison, but there does not seem to be much discussion on the Midnight version.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I quite like Midnight Poison in pure parfum.

I wear Midnight Poison and enjoy it , although I do find myself smelling it often on othre people

Quote Originally Posted by lune85 View Post
    I just wanted to know what are some of your thoughts on this fragrance and if it would be suitable for a man.
    I'm sure there are some men who wear it, but I personally wouldn't.

I wear Midnight Poison. Dior missed a trick with this one, it could have easily been Poison pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    I wear Midnight Poison. Dior missed a trick with this one, it could have easily been Poison pour Homme.
    Totally, a fantastic fragrance for men. I actually far prefer it to Hypnotic Poison which is a bit sickly sweet to me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I once owned Hypnotic Poison and came very close to purchasing a bottle of Midnight Poison but, yes, it's a good one for men.

Post Thanks / Like

I know of a local drugstore scent that smells very similar, and it is marketed to men. Drive your own conclusions...

Hi all,

I don't know about MP but, today I scored a (half full) bottle of Dior POISON (1.7 oz.) spray at a local Thrift Shop. The price was marked $9.99. Knowing the Store Manager was within Ear shot, I spoke loud enough to the sales clerk about the bottle being TEN DOLLARS half empty! The upshot, I got the DIOR for five dollars. Oooh, I'm gooood. Nice fragrance, perhaps a bit more than I like on the Fruit but, nevertheless, I'll enjoy wearing this one. God, I LOVE Thrift Shops!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the need to start a new thread with this one being relatively new, so here goes! What concentration would you recommend MP in for a man to wear? Come to that, what about HP? I've just bought Shalimar and Shalimar Parfum Initial, so exploring the femme genre and I've read that the Poison line is quite unisex. There are so many concentrations, EDT, EDP, Pure Parfum, Elixir, so I'm interested to know what you think the best versions are and why. Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I didn't see the need to start a new thread with this one being relatively new, so here goes! What concentration would you recommend MP in for a man to wear? Come to that, what about HP? I've just bought Shalimar and Shalimar Parfum Initial, so exploring the femme genre and I've read that the Poison line is quite unisex. There are so many concentrations, EDT, EDP, Pure Parfum, Elixir, so I'm interested to know what you think the best versions are and why. Thank you in advance!
    I summon thee, Le Grand Duc!

I can tell you that the elixir versions have each an added note (cocoa in Pure Poison Elixir, star anise in HP Elixir and liquorice in MP Elixir). Then you have the Pure Parfum versions which are obviously stronger. They are harder to find and I'm not sure if they exist for all three. I think all three are either in EDT or EDP, but not in both.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I summon thee, Le Grand Duc!

I can tell you that the elixir versions have each an added note (cocoa in Pure Poison Elixir, star anise in HP Elixir and liquorice in MP Elixir). Then you have the Pure Parfum versions which are obviously stronger. They are harder to find and I'm not sure if they exist for all three. I think all three are either in EDT or EDP, but not in both.
    I'm hoping that the Duc sees this actually! I know that I can easily get the EDT at my local Boots and I think the EDP may be there as well. Really, it's between these two I think (for both HP and MP) as I'm not sure that I would appreciate the extra sweetness in the Elixirs (though I have seen them as well)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I'm hoping that the Duc sees this actually! I know that I can easily get the EDT at my local Boots and I think the EDP may be there as well. Really, it's between these two I think (for both HP and MP) as I'm not sure that I would appreciate the extra sweetness in the Elixirs (though I have seen them as well)
    I have only tried the MP elixir, and I wouldn't say it's sweeter, as the liquorice note can be pretty bitter. What it definitely is, is incredibly intense and long-lasting. A rather different fragrance altogether.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I have only tried the MP elixir, and I wouldn't say it's sweeter, as the liquorice note can be pretty bitter. What it definitely is, is incredibly intense and long-lasting. A rather different fragrance altogether.
    I think I'll just go and sample them all!

Post Thanks / Like

I got some news about the MP. It has been discontinued in the US. The retailers will start selling through what they have but will not be restocking. The only stores in the US that will continue to carry it will the Vegas boutiques at Palazzo and Caesars since they'll be getting it straight from France. (It will still be available everyhwere else, just not in the US)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by massy03 View Post
    I got some news about the MP. It has been discontinued in the US. The retailers will start selling through what they have but will not be restocking. The only stores in the US that will continue to carry it will the Vegas boutiques at Palazzo and Caesars since they'll be getting it straight from France. (It will still be available everyhwere else, just not in the US)
    Oh, the same is happening here in Spain as well!