Code of Conduct

Default Help building a sample pack!

Hi! I'm new here and actually started wearing gologne only few years ago. I currently have bottles of Sean John's Unforgivable and Hugo Boss's Soul. I don't know what happened to me but now i don't seem to get enough of 'em.

So.. I'm now looking for another casual everyday/work fragrance and something fancier to wear after work/when going out. I've read this board and some of the reviews around the net and i was thinking one of the Creeds scents for the more expensive one but i'm open to any suggestions. I can't really tell what kind of scents i like because I havent tested out that many, they have pretty limited selection here at our local grocery store and you can't really compare the scents there because all the different smells and hassle confusing you.

I was thinking of placing an order at The Perfumed Court and heres what I have in my shopping cart at the moment.

Creed Bois du Portugal, Green Irish Tweed, Himalaya, Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, Baie de Genievre
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Dior Homme
    Bvlgari Black
    Narciso Rodriguez For Him
    Chanel Egoiste
    Yves St Laurent M7

How does that look? What should I add to get more variation between the scents? (I don't know the correct word for this but i'd like some scents that are totally different)

Thanks.

Default Re: Help building a sample pack!

That will be a pretty fun sample kit for you to get. I will tell you that Himalaya and SMW are pretty similar, but if you're sampling, I would say go ahead and get both of them.

Just for fun, you might want to expand with Gucci Pour Homme (original), Chanel Egoiste Platinum and YSL M7 Light. While the former two don't look like their successors, M7 Light *is* a lighter version of M7. Many people find M7 overwhelming. M7 is still a relative strong scent, but won't disturb your downstairs neighbours.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Just for fun, you might want to expand with Gucci Pour Homme (original), Chanel Egoiste Platinum and YSL M7 Light. While the former two don't look like their successors, M7 Light *is* a lighter version of M7. Many people find M7 overwhelming. M7 is still a relative strong scent, but won't disturb your downstairs neighbours.
    Thanks for the ideas but unfortunately Perfumed Court does not have any of them. I'm going to get something from their selection only, atleast for now..

ScentMonkey might have a lot of those, including, those that Perfumed Court doesn't have. I'm too lazy to search, but I know they've got quite a selection
    -------------
    And out of the darkness, a voice spoke. "Smile, and be happy, for it can always be worse." So I smiled, and I was happy, and it did get worse.

Between Sephora and Neiman Marcus, you'll find all of those except Egoiste and M7. Save your money and drive to the mall.

Fine if you have a Neiman Marcus nearby......some of us don't (unfortunately)

another option to trying out new stuff and not spending a lot- give penhaligons and floris a call, both are very good about sending out sample kits. both houses have a number of winners also.

cheers and happy hunting,
    ryan