Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    1.



    2.





    3.



    4.



    Which is the one to buy?

    thnx

  2. #2

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    All of them I think. Only one I am not sure of is the gold box one, I am not sure what packaging the recent release one had, it could be that but Mr Guerlain could tell you I'm sure. I have the bottom one, 30 ml.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

    "Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

    reviews

  3. #3

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    I have the first and the fourth one and they are definitely vintage! The new Derby comes in a so-called "Bee-bottle" quite similar to Mouchoir de Monsieur, but in a 125ml splash-version.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    I too have the last one but can't help you any further.


    Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

    "The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

    Daily Wardrobe


  5. #5

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    I believe the correct order of oldest to newest is:

    1
    2
    4
    3

    I am almost certain that number 1 is the oldest (most vintage) of the lot but not as certain of the other three. However, the gold box packaging is the one currently available for their older line of mens colognes, at least in Guerlain stores (like the one in Montreal that I visited in October which had Heritage EDP in the exact same packaging and bottle. They did not have Derby so I cannot vouch for the Bee Bottle packaging. I have 1, 2, and 3 but would like to find a 4. )
    Last edited by Griff; 6th January 2008 at 01:25 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    Thanks for your help everyone.



    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I believe the correct order of oldest to newest is:

    1
    2
    4
    3

    I am almost certain that number 1 is the oldest (most vintage) of the lot but not as certain of the other three. However, the gold box packaging is the one currently available for their older line of mens colognes, at least in Guerlain stores (like the one in Montreal that I visited in October which had Heritage EDP in the exact same packaging and bottle. They did not have Derby so I cannot vouch for the Bee Bottle packaging. I have 1, 2, and 3 but would like to find a 4. )
    @ Griff

    The 4th bottle is quite freely available on ebay

    gupts

  7. #7

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    @ Griff

    The 4th bottle is quite freely available on ebay

    gupts
    What's an "eBay?"

    ;-)

    (doh on me!)

  8. #8

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    What's an "eBay?"

    ;-)

    (doh on me!)
    eBay is the same place where you have been buying several bottles (3) of 'Stardust' for men.
    Pity i can't buy any coz the seller has buyer restrictions in place.

    gupts

  9. #9

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    Just saw this post now. Thanks for the confidence, duckfinder. I just have my Guerlain bottles book - that's big help. All the bottles from the 'blue' packaging is from 1985. The gold boxed bottle is the socalled 'Habit Rouge and Vetiver' bottle from 1988.

    Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    All of them I think. Only one I am not sure of is the gold box one, I am not sure what packaging the recent release one had, it could be that but Mr Guerlain could tell you I'm sure. I have the bottom one, 30 ml.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Which one of these is vintage Guerlain Derby bottle?

    Great thread, guys! I was curious about this myself, a few weeks ago.

Similar Threads

  1. The Great Layering Challenge #1 - Dana Tabu / Guerlain Samsara
    By moondeva in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 25th April 2013, 11:12 AM
  2. Found:  Vintage bottle of Guerlain Vetiver
    By nidulariumblossom in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 8th July 2009, 10:23 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd April 2008, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000