Code of Conduct

Smile Anything smell similar to NEROLI SAVAGE-creed, Hermes-Orange, Guerlain-Imperial?

I'm new to the scent game. I own Bois du Portugal, nightimey and wintery, love it, but want a cheap everyday scent that is like Neroli Sauvage, but maybe a little cheaper.

GIT is to COOL WATER
    as
    MI is to Unforgivable
    as
    Neroli Sauvage is to ??????
    also I like Hermes Orange verte but it is too weak what is close to this?
    I like Guerlain Imperial, but it also fades hard, what is similar to this?

Default Re: Anything smell similar to NEROLI SAVAGE-creed, Hermes-Orange, Guerlain-Imperial?

I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that Fleur du Male is similar to Neroli Sauvage, although I could be completely wrong and thinking of something else.

Default Re: Anything smell similar to NEROLI SAVAGE-creed, Hermes-Orange, Guerlain-Imperial?

I'll be the first to disagree with that one! (edit...actually, I'll kind of agree, but in protest!)

they do share some notes, but to compare the cloying synthetic mess that is FdM to NS is an insult

as a sidenote, good alternatives to FdM would be Castile, Fleurs d'Citronnier (lutens), and there are plenty of others. I hate that FdM! The Guerlain is a good stand-in for Citrus Bigarrade! (but I know I'm still off topic!)

Nothing is coming to mind to substitute for the NS. Just get a cheap(er) tester!
    Last edited by Scentronic; 6th January 2008 at 06:17 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Anything smell similar to NEROLI SAUVAGE-creed, Hermes-Orange, Guerlain-Imperial?

Why not Eau Sauvage?

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that Fleur du Male is similar to Neroli Sauvage, although I could be completely wrong and thinking of something else.
    I'd say they are diametrically opposed interpretations of the same concept (neroli, i.e. orange blossom). There's quite a number of orange or neroli fragrances, but those in the frahs-light vein are bound to be short-lived. Actually Neroli Sauvage does reasonably well.

Here are some older threads on classic EdCs, that may be helpful:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...t=classic+EdCs
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Try Mugler's Cologne.

Dependent

Creeds Orange Spice I find is a treat.

Basenotes Institution

How about Diorella by Dior - it's for women, but most people refer to it as the Eau Savage for women?

Another that comes to mind is Anbar by Comme des Garcons (Cologne Series).
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Smile Re: Anything smell similar to NEROLI SAVAGE-creed, Hermes-Orange, Guerlain-Imperial?

I find that Aqua de Parma colonnia assoluta is quite simalar and as wearable as neroli suavage
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Terre d'Hermes is reasonably close in character to Neroli Sauvage, and much less expensive. I dare say that it (TdH) also wears more consistently than the Creed. Cartier's Declaration is also very close to Terre d'Hermes, and both are remarkably similar to Nina Ricci's Memoire d'Homme.
    Last edited by wicozani; 7th January 2008 at 05:23 PM.