Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black and Blue Jeans by Versace thoughts

Hey guys since the database is down I wanted to get your opinion on Black and Blue jeans by Versace.

Any thoughts would be good

Appreciate it

Default Re: Black and Blue Jeans by Versace thoughts

Massive differences between the two, but both are truly wonderful.

Blue Jeans is a sharp, crisp, clean pine-based frag with a musky drydown.
    Black Jeans is a warm, mellow musk with lots of rubber -- very powdery and subtle, yet very long lasting and sexy as hell.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

just like in fashion, the following applies:

Blue Jeans good
    Black Jeans suck

I really liked blue jeans alot...its very teen in its appeal, but good nonetheless...its bright, bubbly and like wearing a soda...i cant tell u any notes, but its good

Black jeans was a horrendous rubber concoction...i just dont like this one...i treid it over and over only to come to the same conclusion...blue is 100 times better.
    Last edited by jdnba; 7th January 2008 at 02:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried blue and was very underwhelmed. To me, it smells cheap.

I like Black alot. It's got some complexity to it. The tar note is what gives it it's "black" persona. It reminds me of a lighter version of The Dreamer in many ways. I think it's the most unique out of the jeans line.
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 7th January 2008 at 04:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

the best versace i have smelled was the versace jeans metal. its discontinued but i just buoght a bottle on ebay. i have heard that benetton pure sport smells like it but i have not tried it yet. i just bought a bottle of it also and i will advise

Blue Jeans is one of the only fragrances I hated so much that I returned it. That says something.

Black Jeans is one of my favorite fragrances ever made. It's the sh!t.

I always thing about trying Blue Jeans again, but I thought it was horrible when I bought it blind.

Post Thanks / Like

I've wanted to try Black Jeans for some time, although being discontinued has made it a bit harder to come by.

As for Blue Jeans, I'd say it's simple and linear but quite good and certainly preferable to many being marketed within an inch of their frail shelf lives today. I bought it on a whim at Marshalls for next to nothing and was pleasantly surprised - it would never be a signature or even a common one for me, but when you have an itch for something "barbershop" this can scratch it amazingly well.

Its appeal is very teen as jdnba said, but if you ignore this part of it and enjoy it for the casual, barbershop-esque powdery vibe it puts out, I don't think you'll be too disappointed, that is, if you like powdery scents to begin with. For me it goes from citrus and herbal (mainly lavender to my nose) notes to powder fairly quickly and not unlike other fougeres like Clubman (not coincidentally, also very "barbershop" in my mind). Go easy on the trigger and it should be OK:-)
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

Post Thanks / Like

Black Jeans is a very spicy woody scent which I find intriguing (but which makes my wife sneeze whenever I waer it).

Blue Jeans is an ambery fougere scent, somewhat less rich than that typical of such scents, making it more of a casual scent.
    Renato.

Post Thanks / Like

I think those Versace jeans scents are very well composed and excellent for the price. My favourite is Baby Blue Jeans which my 7 year old son wears, and I steal a quick spritz. Very pleasing, and changes the dynamic somewhat from him filching my old spice.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.... because I was kinda thinking of buying these two scents blind and there is definitely a differance of opinion here but I like to hear what you guys have to say

You think its a good blind buy decision for these two?

I put it this way:

Black Jeans: Must Have.

Blue Jeans: Must Toss.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by z71ECUPirate View Post
    Thanks guys.... because I was kinda thinking of buying these two scents blind and there is definitely a differance of opinion here but I like to hear what you guys have to say

You think its a good blind buy decision for these two?
    I don't really think there are safe blind buys.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 8th January 2008 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Black Jeans is my favorite of all my blind buys. I saw it for 12.99 at a Krogers.

There is a tar note to my nose that is unique but the scent is not a dark and dull scent. There is a sharp brightness to it that gets you right in the nose. A rock star scent... strike that... a bad boys scent.

I also layer this with Rive Gauche as I feel they share some likeness.
    -iStink

Black Jeans gets another vote. It's a good frag for the money. I'm not a big fan of Blue Jeans. I like Green Jeans as well.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know Black Jeans, but bought Blue blind about two years ago. I got a lot of gin off the top without any complexity. Drydown was 'nice', like 1000s others. Good for when you don't know / care what to wear. Gave it to a friend after two months. He thought it was great.

Post Thanks / Like

From my calculations so far we got:

Blue + 5 (-4)
    Black +7 (-1)

Man oh man... I am really wanting to buy these but as a poor college student I need some scratch.

Keep any reviews you have coming!

Thanks guys

I got my bf half a dozen samples before christmas, to see if he liked any of them. He absolutely hated the Blue Jeans, and I hadn't been able to find a vial of Black Jeans.
    look famous, be legendary, appear complex, act easy
    radiate presence, travel light, seem a dream, prove real