Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me...or Eau de Cartier concentree has...

...unbelievable staying power and sillage?

I am one of those who can no longer smell a darn thing after one hour of applying just about anything. I never consider the EDT-s because I feel like on me they would be Eau de ..."rain" or "waste" anyway.

However, I tried the Eau de Cartier a few times (which is an EDT) and even the light version seems to stay on forever and to have incredible sillage. Then I tried the same in concentrated form, it is called Eau de Cartier concentree (still EDT) and it's quite the statement and goes on and on and on. I can smell it everywhere and it stays on my clothes days after applying it.

This is the fragrance I like most after Chanel #5 but I never considered it out of principle, becasue it is an EDT and I though that EDT-s just vanish in a second. But this one just seems to have incredible staying power ... and to get 200ml for the price of a regular 100ml EDP bottle...is this like the deal of the century or it is just me...?

Default Re: Is it just me...or Eau de Cartier concentree has...

Quote Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
    ...unbelievable staying power and sillage?

I am one of those who can no longer smell a darn thing after one hour of applying just about anything. I never consider the EDT-s because I feel like on me they would be Eau de ..."rain" or "waste" anyway.

However, I tried the Eau de Cartier a few times (which is an EDT) and even the light version seems to stay on forever and to have incredible sillage. Then I tried the same in concentrated form, it is called Eau de Cartier concentree (still EDT) and it's quite the statement and goes on and on and on. I can smell it everywhere and it stays on my clothes days after applying it.

This is the fragrance I like most after Chanel #5 but I never considered it out of principle, becasue it is an EDT and I though that EDT-s just vanish in a second. But this one just seems to have incredible staying power ... and to get 200ml for the price of a regular 100ml EDP bottle...is this like the deal of the century or it is just me...?
    Yep, Eau de Cartier is one of my absolute favourites, and it has the best sillage and staying power. I always get comments when I wear it, and I remember the first time I found it that I just obsessed about it until I bought a bottle. I couldn't get it out of my mind. I don't wear it very often now, because one of my friends 'adopted' it as her own, after she caught a whiff of it on me, and although it's fairly common for people to wear the same fragrances, that one was kind of special to me, and it doesn't smell the same on her, so it puts me off a bit. My husband always says he hates the way it smells on her, so it's been slightly tainted, if that makes any sense. He says it smells great on me, and I do still love it, but I only wear it now and again. Fabulous value though, isn't it? Just stays, and stays, and stays. I'm glad you love it too, it's another 'marmite' fragrance, people either love it or hate it.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    Yep, Eau de Cartier is one of my absolute favourites, and it has the best sillage and staying power. I always get comments when I wear it, and I remember the first time I found it that I just obsessed about it until I bought a bottle. I couldn't get it out of my mind. I don't wear it very often now, because one of my friends 'adopted' it as her own, after she caught a whiff of it on me, and although it's fairly common for people to wear the same fragrances, that one was kind of special to me, and it doesn't smell the same on her, so it puts me off a bit. My husband always says he hates the way it smells on her, so it's been slightly tainted, if that makes any sense. He says it smells great on me, and I do still love it, but I only wear it now and again. Fabulous value though, isn't it? Just stays, and stays, and stays. I'm glad you love it too, it's another 'marmite' fragrance, people either love it or hate it.

Waow. I thought it was just me. I love it A LOT and I can't believe it is that powerful for the EDT that it is!!.
    The only reason why it is my #2 (after Chanel #5) is because of if its slightly modern, unisex quality - which in general I am not crazy about. I like perfumes to be clearly gender specific, retro, nostalgic and classic ... and I like to smell like WOMAN (as some guy said about Chanel #5), not like "it could go on a man too".

But I have to admit that Eau de Cartier's sillage and staying power is even better than #5' s. I was quite shocked to discover this, especially because EDC (even the concentree form) is an EDT, right?!!
    I hate to say it that it has more staying power (let alone sillage) than even the #5 pure perfume...

When my Samsara bottle is up....I will get that one too. And THEN I will be done.
    --------------------------------------
    By the way...what's a "marmite" fragrance?...
    Last edited by syracusa; 8th January 2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am a male and I was introduced into this fragrance by my wife who bought it for me. It's indeed a very nice scent, clean and crisp, with good sillage and longevity. I used it for both day and evening wear . Consumed three bottles in a row.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got this in a huge bag of sample that a fellow BNer sent to me. Wow. I kind of like this. I can see how a man and a woman can wear this scent. I likes. I might have to give this a full body work out.

It's funny because I just tried the declaration....can I just say ew...*giggle*
    This stuff smells like I haven't bathed for a week and just got finished eating some real strong curry full of garlic. Eeww that's pure-t funky lol!

I'll stick with the concentree. Wow this is developing nicely on me. Thanks for the tip. Who knows when I would be able to go through all these samples.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
    By the way...what's a "marmite" fragrance?...
    Marmite is a yeast extract. It tastes beefy. In Australia, they have vegemite. It tastes similar, but not exactly the same. There was an advert campaign on UK TV some time ago that was all about how some people love marmite and some people hate it. There really is no in-between. And I always think of Eau de Cartier that way (and also Angel, for that matter). You love them or you hate them. Therefore, they are 'marmite' fragrances. :-)
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I got this in a huge bag of sample that a fellow BNer sent to me. Wow. I kind of like this. I can see how a man and a woman can wear this scent. I likes. I might have to give this a full body work out.

It's funny because I just tried the declaration....can I just say ew...*giggle*
    This stuff smells like I haven't bathed for a week and just got finished eating some real strong curry full of garlic. Eeww that's pure-t funky lol!

I'll stick with the concentree. Wow this is developing nicely on me. Thanks for the tip. Who knows when I would be able to go through all these samples.
    I came across this one by accident, playing hookie from a boring training course. I wandered into a chemist shop around the New Bond Street area of London, and just squirted myself randomly with the first fragrance I laid my hand on. It happened to be Eau de Cartier, but all I could remember about the bottle afterwards was that it was round, and clear, and that the box had a big C on it. I had no idea what the make was, or what the fragrance was called. All that afternoon, I kept catching whiffs of it and just loved it. By the evening, with the fragrance hanging on like mad, it was driving me crazy, because I thought it was some cheap drugstore frag that I'd never find again. I spent months trying to track it down and couldn't believe it when I found out it was by Cartier, and was just called Eau de Cartier. It was ages after that that I found out it was a unisex fragrance. I bought a large bottle of it, and my husband got me the body lotion and other bits and pieces to go with it. Then my friend fell in love with it and adopted it as her HG. So I stopped wearing it for a while. But I do still wear it from time to time and it never ceases to get comments. I still think it's a fabulous, unique, fresh, vibrant fragrance, and I hope it never gets discontinued.
    Last edited by Clemmie; 9th January 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

....glad that some of you gals are discovering this lovely frag......i originally bought it as a present for my brother for Christmas in 2001...and then stole the bottle from him because i liked the scent wayyy too much to have anyone else wear it......there is something so likeable and friendly about this fragrance that it forces you to smell it until you go mad....=)
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    ....glad that some of you gals are discovering this lovely frag......i originally bought it as a present for my brother for Christmas in 2001...and then stole the bottle from him because i liked the scent wayyy too much to have anyone else wear it......there is something so likeable and friendly about this fragrance that it forces you to smell it until you go mad....=)
    It is sooo true. It's unbelievably catchy and attention-drawing but in a very high-end, refined way. I just wish it did not have that unisex/modern quality to it and that it was entirely womanly, but then again, in that case it would not be what it is.

We may be a very small club, us EdC lovers, but that's all good as far as I'm concerned. All the more for us to wear!
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    We may be a very small club, us EdC lovers, but that's all good as far as I'm concerned. All the more for us to wear!
    Really...? When I first discovered it, I thought it would be all the rage these days because it DOES smell very modern (suave, heavenly, but quite PC and non-offensive). A bit "mall"-ish...but still so beautiful. I am surprised to hear many people today hate it. I normally love old-fashioned perfume, with some legend and nostalgia to them - but this modern one, for whatever reason, really gets me...

Post Thanks / Like

I love EdC too. It seems appropriate for the climate here. I dig how it works for men and women in its own way. It may be my imagination, but it seems that different notes are accented on either sex. Sexual chemistry? Probably just my brain chemistry