Code of Conduct

Default I'm I the First to Know of "Ramon Molvizar Black Goldskin?"

A day before Xmas, my partner calls me from Parfume Nazzariene, Seattle's only "high end" perfume store, even though the only "niche" brands they carry are Creed, Amouage, Clive Christian and a few CDGs. He wants to know what I wanted for Xmas and puts the owner on the phone when I asked him what was new.

She tells me about this fragrance. Apparently its big gimmick is that it has flakes of real gold. She tried to sell me on "WhiteSkin" as apparently it's a "lighter" version of "Blackskin," but I told her I liked opulent fragrances during the winter.

Then I speak with the BF again and I tell him NOT...DO NOT...spend $180.00 on a fragrance that I'd never heard of and sounded highly gimmicky to boot.

Come Christmas day, I open a very, very opulent box of the fragrance. It puts Bond's presentation to shame, with a HUGE plastic case and a velvet lined box.

The shape itself is weird, though when thinking about it, it made sense in order to display the gold flakes. It's a rectangular/clear/side-laying bottle...imagine the monument in 2001 A Space Odyssey laid on its side...just to display the flakes of gold across a "wide" spectrum instead of all settling all at the bottom, which would result from a standard shaped bottle. The whole effect is like watching an aquarium. Particularly if you shake it! It's like on of those old Christmas snow cones!

Sure enough, when you spray it, ACTUAL GOLD FLAKES appear on your skin! They're miniscule but quite apparent!

So far, so ridiculous, except for one thing...IT SMELLS GREAT. It has a very refined, Clive Christian-ess quality. It's not overpowering (it's a EDP) but it's persistent and potent. I wish I could describe the scent but I'm quite untalented when it comes to that.

Inside is a little cardboard poop sheet that gives the bottle an individual number. Mine is 1309. YEAH!! I guess? One description is in French, and the other reads "The essence of Asiatic luxury, it is the complete expression of perfume. Mixed with White gold, it is a perfume with character. Spicy and fruity notes enveloped by exotic woods and vanilla taking you to the Orient of your dreams." On the back it describes the notes as follows: Top: fruity-spicy; middle: sandalwood-floral; bottom: vanilla musky, followed by the words "fabrication limitee-limited production."

Now here's the weird part--there's NO MENTION on either the poop sheet, the bottle, or the box, as to where the hell this stuff comes from or who makes it!! Even a Google search reveals little? For all I know, it's a gussied-up Avon product! The sales person informed me that Ramon Molvizar is a Spanish designer, but the few Google hits are in French(?).

This is truly one of the stranger members of my collection, and anyone who knows anything about it or has an opinion as to its smell...please share!!!

I'm thrilled to have it in my collection as a supreme oddity, and it really does have a very high-quality, opulent smell, but I'm not sure I would have spent $180. for it on my own.

Default Re: I'm I the First to Know of "Ramon Molvizar Black Goldskin?"

How awkward. I feel for you!

NEVER buy a fragrance for a fragrance connoisseur unless you know it is something they want!

I can't believe you TOLD him not to buy it and he still did!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    How awkward. I feel for you!

NEVER buy a fragrance for a fragrance connoisseur unless you know it is something they want!

I can't believe you TOLD him not to buy it and he still did!
    LOL! I know!

That being said, it's still a rich and unique frag that I'm glad I have...and the fact it doesn't say where it came from, or who makes it, or that no one seems to know/own it makes it enticingly exotic!

The following is from the Molvizar website in English:

http://www.ramonmolvizar.com/eng/principal.htm

The second box on the top is for perfumes. There will be a box with all of the scent titles moving around making it very difficult to figure out what to do...click on stop and then catch your breath. It would seem that Mr. Molvizar is paranoid about listing the ingredients. Very cool bottles though!

Here is another website featuring the Molvizar scents:

http://www.bejar.com/

Béjar Perfums i Cosmètics has been in business since 1980. The company founder, Ramón Béjar (aka Molvizar?), began his creations influenced by traditional European perfumes, and by Asian perfume, with its special sensitivity.

Béjar has modern facilities at Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona), where the production and distribution to national and international markets is located.

Over the years, different lines of perfumes, eaux de toilette, and related products have been created, all of which stand out for their originality, natural fragrance, and artistic presentation.

In recent years, the Béjar product line has become specialized in an elegant range of fragrances for men and women, each in specially designed bottles. Our Goldskin perfume is especially noteworthy- a combination of perfume and cosmetics that results in a sensual and luxurious combination. Our goal is to continue to perfect and expand our products.

The Béjar team includes technicians who are qualified in product design, experts in commercial art, and national and international sales staff who ensure customer satisfaction.

Anybody know anything about samples or who sells this (other than Parfume Nazzariene)?

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    The following is from the Molvizar website in English:

http://www.ramonmolvizar.com/eng/principal.htm

The second box on the top is for perfumes. There will be a box with all of the scent titles moving around making it very difficult to figure out what to do...click on stop and then catch your breath. It would seem that Mr. Molvizar is paranoid about listing the ingredients. Very cool bottles though!

Here is another website featuring the Molvizar scents:

http://www.bejar.com/

Béjar Perfums i Cosmètics has been in business since 1980. The company founder, Ramón Béjar (aka Molvizar?), began his creations influenced by traditional European perfumes, and by Asian perfume, with its special sensitivity.

Béjar has modern facilities at Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona), where the production and distribution to national and international markets is located.

Over the years, different lines of perfumes, eaux de toilette, and related products have been created, all of which stand out for their originality, natural fragrance, and artistic presentation.

In recent years, the Béjar product line has become specialized in an elegant range of fragrances for men and women, each in specially designed bottles. Our Goldskin perfume is especially noteworthy- a combination of perfume and cosmetics that results in a sensual and luxurious combination. Our goal is to continue to perfect and expand our products.

The Béjar team includes technicians who are qualified in product design, experts in commercial art, and national and international sales staff who ensure customer satisfaction.

Anybody know anything about samples or who sells this (other than Parfume Nazzariene)?
    Thanks, PM, I was beginning to believe I was dreaming!

I did find their website after getting the bottle, but what's weird is that neither"Black Goldskin" nor "White Goldskin" is even listed on their own website!

This is truly one for serious collectors of the odd, the unusual, and, yes, the beautiful.
    Last edited by Butthead53; 8th January 2008 at 05:37 AM.

Here in Spain, Barfumeria (www.barfumeria.com) has began to distribute these fragrances, and they send samples. But I don't know if they ship abroad...

I've heard good impression about Sun, I think I'll order a sample kit!

Greets,

I've got a few Ramon samples to go through and from just my initial reactions, I really like them! All of them seem really pretty unique and extremely well made. I have a sample of Black Goldskin and I can't wait to give it a full wear... I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a bottle

As far as being 'gimmicky,' that does bother me and I actually quite like some of the bottles (I'll just have to spray under the shirt to avoid sparkling too much ). Many of the big name niche houses are pretty gimmicky, but I think that sometimes comes with the territory to some extent. Re: the site... outside of a few, most niche houses have crappy websites that look horrid (Creed, Montale, Bond 9, Cereus) or don't eve have a site at all!

I'm really looking forward to exploring the line more. Vijay (maisonstinky) is a retailer for the line so you can always buy samples through him or read better descriptions on the parfumsraffy.com site.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 29th July 2008 at 11:55 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!
    Currently wearing: China White by Nasomatto

This idea reminds me of 24K by Jivago.....These look very nice and sound very nice....Wow.....a $180.00 is costly for sure.....Gary

Oriental Goldskin

Black Goldskin

White Goldskin

Last edited by Suppressor; 30th July 2008 at 01:54 AM.

I am the worst in describing fragrances but I agree with all of the previous positive posts. I had the opportunity to try some of these fragrances from the Ramon Molvizar house courtesy of Vijay (maisonstinky). They are very well crafted. It is obviously those sparkly gold dusts (both white and yellow) that push their prices to stratosphere and like what Vijay said, I wish they give us the option to get with or without the gold dusts. After all, I am not sure what purpose they actually serve. My personal favorite is Luna/Moon, which is listed in the womens column at Parfumsraffy but says gender-neutral when you read the detailed description. Gift/Homme is also very good and this one doesn't have any gold dusts as far as I know. If given the opportunity (and lots of spare cash), I would get both.

Basenotes Institution

This makes me think of the Michael Kors body lotion (the woman's scent) that I tried for the first time last year - I didn't realize until after I'd applied it, that is was a Shimmer Body Lotion and my skin was positively dazzling with shimmery gold bits. Kinda embarassing. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened to Ruggles.

One more thing: The name Black Goldskin sounds voodoo oriented. No?
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    This makes me think of the Michael Kors body lotion (the woman's scent) that I tried for the first time last year - I didn't realize until after I'd applied it, that is was a Shimmer Body Lotion and my skin was positively dazzling with shimmery gold bits. Kinda embarassing. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened to Ruggles.

One more thing: The name Black Goldskin sounds voodoo oriented. No?
    The first time I tried the Smart Goldskin ( where the hell do they come up with these names ???) I sprayed some on my hair. I always do since hair retains the scent longer than the skin. I had gone to work, and somebody at the end of the day said "What are those gold specks in your hair" .

Well I had no idea that my hair was all sparkly LOL !!! I went through the whole day like this without knowing about it, it was embarrasing.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    The first time I tried the Smart Goldskin ( where the hell do they come up with these names ???) I sprayed some on my hair. I always do since hair retains the scent longer than the skin. I had gone to work, and somebody at the end of the day said "What are those gold specks in your hair" .

Well I had no idea that my hair was all sparkly LOL !!! I went through the whole day like this without knowing about it, it was embarrasing.
    LOL

That might come in handy around Halloween Vijay. Very 'David Bowie'.
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Vijay I'm dying of laughter here...
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

Quote Originally Posted by guiomar View Post
    Barfumeria (www.barfumeria.com)
    Wow. I think American tourists would definitely have trouble going into a store with that name. hehe

It sounds interesting though. I found it available on Raffy's site as well, for $210.

Blog Entries

i have never smelled any of these Molzivar scents...but man oh man...those bottles are so damn cheesy/ugly! LOL. I'd be embarassed to have those lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead53 View Post
    Thanks, PM, I was beginning to believe I was dreaming!

I did find their website after getting the bottle, but what's weird is that neither"Black Goldskin" nor "White Goldskin" is even listed on their own website!

This is truly one for serious collectors of the odd, the unusual, and, yes, the beautiful.
    They are you just have to look. It's an awfully designed website. About a month ago I posted about this line and was curious. So little information though like you said.

Cheers,
    Al
    Larry gave me his leisure suit.

www.deadmansdance.com

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    I am the worst in describing fragrances but I agree with all of the previous positive posts. I had the opportunity to try some of these fragrances from the Ramon Molvizar house courtesy of Vijay (maisonstinky). They are very well crafted. It is obviously those sparkly gold dusts (both white and yellow) that push their prices to stratosphere and like what Vijay said, I wish they give us the option to get with or without the gold dusts. After all, I am not sure what purpose they actually serve. My personal favorite is Luna/Moon, which is listed in the womens column at Parfumsraffy but says gender-neutral when you read the detailed description. Gift/Homme is also very good and this one doesn't have any gold dusts as far as I know. If given the opportunity (and lots of spare cash), I would get both.
    I doubt the golddust is at all related to the price. I'm sure its low carot gold and just flakes. Goldshlaggers Peppermint shnaps has Gold flakes in it and is relatively cheap for a giant bottle.

Cheers,
    Al

www.deadmansdance.com

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I doubt the golddust is at all related to the price. I'm sure its low carot gold and just flakes. Goldshlaggers Peppermint shnaps has Gold flakes in it and is relatively cheap for a giant bottle.

Cheers,
    Al
    Al, according to the information I have, it is 22 ct Gold, they advertise it that way.
    Last edited by maisonstinky; 30th July 2008 at 11:28 PM.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    Al, according to the information I have it is 22 ct Gold, they advertise it that way.

I stand corrected. Damn! You could go up to someone in a bar and be like "Bitch the bling in my fragrance costs more than you."

Cheers,
    Al

www.deadmansdance.com

I agree that it probably isn't the gold that drives up the price. If the flakes are thin enough to fit through a spray nozzle without clogging it, it has to be a very minuscule amount. It is more likely that they just hope you think that the gold drives up the price, so they can charge an arm and a leg for it.

I am kinda curious to hear if that one keeps working after being sprayed several hundred times. Hopefully it doesn't get a wad of gold flaking stuck in the nozzle.
    Last edited by Big_Scooter; 30th July 2008 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I stand corrected. Damn! You could go up to someone in a bar and be like "Bitch the bling in my fragrance costs more than you."

Cheers,
    Al
    Lmao.
    50 cent style, gangstah....

I just received a bunch of Ramon Molvizar samples from Vijay (cheers! ) but I haven't had the time to try them out. However, the 'glitter' novelty from this house is a bit concerning - I now have to think twice before applying any of these to my skin (especially for the office). And as for spraying on clothes, I'd rather not...

someone played a cruel joke with you )