Code of Conduct

Default Midnight in the Garden of Love

Today I wore Kilian's Beyond Love, a Tuberose/Coconut dream by Calice Becker. In many ways it reminds me of Tom Ford's Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent, the mix of white flowers and coconut is becoming one of my favorite accords.
    When I first applied BL, I thought it was way too fem, I felt very self-conscious riding in the elevator, but it has dried down and now is one of the most comforting scents that I've ever experienced.
    My question is, how does it compare to Le Labo's Tuberose 40 and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estée Lauder?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Midnight in the Garden of Love

So there's a Beyond Love by Killian and a Love (the one that Otto tried)? That's confusing...

Well, I've not tried the Le Labo Tuberose, but the Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is stunning (no coconut in it though). ELPCT is fairly 'green' in the top, and then its pure white floral bliss. Probably my favorite womens release in '07.

However, it sounds like BL is more akin to Carnal Flower by Malle, no Ruggles?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th March 2008 at 01:23 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Midnight in the Garden of Love

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So there's a Beyond Love by Killian and a Love (the one that Otto tried)? That's confusing...

Well, I've not tried the Le Labo Tuberose, but the Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is stunning (no coconut in it though). ELPCT is fairly 'green' in the top, and then its pure white floral bliss. Probably my favorite womens release in '07.

However, it sounds like BL is more akin to Carnal Flower by Malle, no Kevin?
    I don't have a lot of experience with Carnal Flower, obviously I need to revisit.
    The line-up of the "Kilian L'oeuvre Noire Collection" is:
    Love, Beyond Love, Liaisons Dangereuses, Cruel Intentions, A Taste of Heaven and Straight to Heaven.
    Beyond Love has impressed me the most. I'm curious as to what the ultimate verdict will be on this collection of investment fragrances.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 10th January 2008 at 04:57 AM.