Code of Conduct

Default Bond no 9 - Andy Warhol silver factory

Hi everyone,

I am new here, and I would love to know your opinions on Bond no 9 - Andy Warhol Silver Factory?
    How do you guys do the decanting, and does anyone have a sample of this.

Default Re: Bond no 9 - Andy Warhol silver factory

Well let me possibly be the first to tell you about the perfumed court at theperfumedcourt.com... there you can find a sample of pretty much any fragrance you could imagine and more... And to add my opinion... it's totally worth it to buy a sample/decant of this truly wonderful fragrance of contrasts. Rich yet at times pointed, with incense but enveloped by a sense of warmth from various woods and amber. it's so well balanced but not in the least insipid or boring... The official site says it all, smoky but syrupy (yet never cloying!)... Enjoy!
    Last edited by nthny; 8th January 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Basenotes Plus

You can call the Bond No. 9 store & request a free sample.
    1-877-273-3369 or email contactus@bondno9.com
    Be sure to tell them you are a blogger here.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Or yeah! WHAT RHM SAID See? this is why it's so great to be a member of basenotes!!! You learn something new everyday! Thanks RHM!

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Or yeah! WHAT RHM SAID See? this is why it's so great to be a member of basenotes!!! You learn something new everyday! Thanks RHM!
    silver factory is my favorite bond no. 9
    smoky in a sweet and tamed manner

so you just say " hi, i am from basenotes and i am interested in acquiring a sample of ___________, to test and study." ?
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I just tried Silver Factory and I can say I like the smell... but unfortunately being Hindu (well, my family is Hindu, I'm atheist), this smells too much like the incense we use when we do puja (prayer). I don't really want to go around smelling like the inside of one of our temples, so I'm going to kinda stay clear of this one.

That's not to say I hate the smell, quite the opposite - I love it, but the resemblance remains, so kinda a turn-off in my mind. At the least I suggest trying this one out, it doesn't smell like any other BOTTLED fragrance I've ever sniffed. Quite an original fare by Bond!

Basenotes Institution

Tried this for the 2nd time today - this being the first time I gave it a full wearing this afternoon.

I stupidly over applied it - the top notes are so shreaking and sharp when I pulled the trigger, I assumed that I'd need a lot of it to really 'get' it. Wrong! It almost seemed to be the opposite of most fragrances - weird and muted at the top and then rich and fantastically complex and inviting at the middle notes.

The incense note of SF is like no other incense I've ever smelled...reading akshay03's comments above confirms this. This is NO CdG incense ladies and gentlemen.

Neat stuff. I don't know if this is FBW for me yet, but finally a Bond No. 9 scent to get excited about. It's about time.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ... but finally a Bond No. 9 scent to get excited about. It's about time.
    Silver Factory is the only Bond I have purchased.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Silver Factory is the only Bond I have purchased.
    I look forward to trying some real soon ... thanks Paul

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Sur la Plage

I haven't purchased Silver Factory, yet. But it is the only Bond that I would consider purchasing.

Good stuff!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

God, now you lot have got me interested in this Bond No.9 offering - I never thought I'd see the day. Will try and investigate this one ASAP.

Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)

Thumbs up Re: Bond no 9 - Andy Warhol silver factory

smelled this a little while ago when wandering through a department store, went shopping upstairs and then HAD to go apply more when i went back down. i do love incense, but as has been mentioned this certainly is not the dry-as-sawdust incense of cdg's avignon. i have cdg's 2man also, and that too is somehow drier than this even in a broader-smelling fragrance than avignon. the incense here is softer, blended out by floral notes.
    silver factory is luscious and warm in its sweet smokiness, yet somehow still slightly fresh - jasmine? theres something there which reminds me of YSL's Paris. and yes there's amber too - which normally i think of as a fairly 'meh' note, yet there is nothing 'meh' about this fragrance. this stuff also smells very expensive to me, which it ought to given the price tag! still i'm in absolute love with it.

A great Bond, I actually love quite a few of them, Great Jones, Fire Island, West Side. But I really love AWSF, but why, of why, have the made it only available in the 100 ml. size?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    A great Bond, I actually love quite a few of them, Great Jones, Fire Island, West Side. But I really love AWSF, but why, of why, have the made it only available in the 100 ml. size?
    My thoughts exactly. Please make it available in 50ml.
    Interestingly, while very potent, I get less longevity out of Silver Factory than the other Bond's I've tried.
    That's not really a complaint because it lasts a long, long time but I just find it surprising considering how powerful it is "out of the gate".

Smile Re: Bond no 9 - Andy Warhol silver factory

I really enjoying wearing Silver Factory incense with church reference, that's sweet, smoldering and has great sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by akshay03 View Post
    I just tried Silver Factory and I can say I like the smell... but unfortunately being Hindu (well, my family is Hindu, I'm atheist), this smells too much like the incense we use when we do puja (prayer). I don't really want to go around smelling like the inside of one of our temples, so I'm going to kinda stay clear of this one.

That's not to say I hate the smell, quite the opposite - I love it, but the resemblance remains, so kinda a turn-off in my mind. At the least I suggest trying this one out, it doesn't smell like any other BOTTLED fragrance I've ever sniffed. Quite an original fare by Bond!
    Oh yes! Being an Indian (and Hindu) too... I'm certainly interested in sampling this, this will mostly prove bottleworthy for me.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

My short review of this beauty:

Silver Factory opens on citrus and lavender and I can't say I was happy right from the start. I don't really like to walk around smelling like I am some sort of citrus, but things change soon enough!

After a few minutes it smelled very nice, not sharp at all and the longer I have it on me the more I start to appreciate it!

After a couple hours, the iris seems to reassert itself, and it takes on a velvety finish with earthy undertones. It is more dry than sweet, and more dusky than dark.

Having it on me for a couple of hours I think it smells absolutely gorgeous!

The bottle is retro and modern at the same time and looks absolutely brilliant !

8.5/10 !

The complete notes are: bergamot, grapefruit, lavender, violet, incense, jasmine, iris, amber, wood resin and cedar.

I have a sample of SF and i simply love it. From the start to the end. It s just so expensive here in Switzerland.. (260 euros).

I ll have to buy it online on amazon or something like that if i wanna get it, i ve seen it @ 220 US, amost half the price it would cost me here.

But damn i love it.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    I have a sample of SF and i simply love it. From the start to the end. It s just so expensive here in Switzerland.. (260 euros).

I ll have to buy it online on amazon or something like that if i wanna get it, i ve seen it @ 220 US, amost half the price it would cost me here.

But damn i love it.
    You can get it on ebay for $140!
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 25th May 2008 at 08:18 PM.