Code of Conduct

Default Have a first date tonight

Need to pick which frag to go with! Im a mid twenties classy/sophisticated/metro guy, going out with a a classy gal early 20s. Its at a pretty casual restaurant, and its first date, so im not going to go for the heavy hitter fragrance, not trying to close the deal tonight

Heres what I got:
    Dior Homme
    Burberry Brit
    YSL lhomme
    Unforgivable
    Allure sport
    Euphoria

Pretty much im only considering the top 3 and am leaning towards brit because its classy, not overpowering, and few people dislike it. I think dior homme is my go to in a romantic situation. YSL i really like..but dont trust it enough yet.

Thoughts??!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have a first date tonight

i say go with either brit, euphoria, or ysl.....i find that all women love euphoria..in fact it is the only frag i own that women ever comment on.

Ysl is nice and musky, she might really like that.

Brit because it will remind her of her father which will make her feel safe(dont read into this much other than its a psychological oddity that some women like men who remind them of their fathers)

Post Thanks / Like

Brit..

Brit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brit.

Brit or YSL lhomme
    Probably Brit would be better

Post Thanks / Like

I would only recommend DH out of those, I do not know the L'homme though, and it might be good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Of those listed Brit has the most romantic feeling.

Hate the Burberry design, but Brit is really a nice inoffensive frag.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

I am only familiar with Dior Homme and Brit.

Of the two, I think Brit would be the better choice.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Dior Homme for sure, as girls love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    Dior Homme for sure, as girls love it.
    No shit, it smells like a woman's fragrance, or at least VERY unisex. :brolly:
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 9th January 2008 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    No shit, it smells like a woman's fragrance, or at least VERY unisex. :brolly:
    Exactly. That's why I advise it!

By the way, I don't own it and I never will!!

Some time ago a German guy made a thread here about how he was late for his class and when he entered the room there was only one chair free,next to the most gorgeous girl with whom he hadnt spoked cause he was embarrassed or something.And when he sat on the chair the first thing she told him was "Oh,you smell so wonderful".And then they started chatting and flirting and at the end of the class she gave him her number without him asking.Guess what he was wearing?Yeah,that's right. DIOR HOMME.
    Last edited by mr.valchev; 9th January 2008 at 11:21 PM.

Wow, so many people like Brit? I absolutely despised it when I smelled it, I never ever wanted to sniff it again. Maybe the sample I smelled was terrible...

Okay then, if so many Nosebaters are voting for Brit, hit it up! I'd advise you to not spray on the neck though, in case the deal DOES get sealed, and she wants to ... well, use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by mr.valchev View Post
    Some time ago a German guy made a thread here about how he was late for his class and when he entered the room there was only one chair free,next to the most gorgeous girl with whom he hadnt spoked cause he was embarrassed or something.And when he sat on the chair the first thing she told him was "Oh,you smell so wonderful".And then they started chatting and flirting and at the end of the class she gave him her number without him asking.Guess what he was wearing?Yeah,that's right. DIOR HOMME.
    That just means that she already thought he was cute, and used the frag as an easy way to break the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm...Allure Sport might get the best reaction out of those, but the problem is that it is so light that if you underspray she wont smell a thing...and if you overspray you'll become the "he is trying to get in bed with me by overpowering me with his cologne" guy....

YSL homme is very good choice for a first date.....its soft, sensual but classy....it would never offend her but might make her see you in a much different light....

i was told by more than 1 female in her 20's that brit makes them think of a 'much younger, immature' type......so i'm not sure if thats the best choice for the situation.

euphoria is a safe 'good' choice.....so you can always go with that one.

so I would say its a toss up between Euphoria and YSL....both are soft, intimate without being cloying or overbearing....and classy and non offensive.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Wow, so many people like Brit? I absolutely despised it when I smelled it, I never ever wanted to sniff it again. Maybe the sample I smelled was terrible...

Okay then, if so many Nosebaters are voting for Brit, hit it up! I'd advise you to not spray on the neck though, in case the deal DOES get sealed, and she wants to ... well, use your imagination
    mark me as another one who doesnt like Brit....that stuff has about as much personality as a drying bench.

I'd go with london over brit any day of the week.
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 10th January 2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Euphoria

brit is great for this style of date, since the last thing you're trying to do is hit her over the head with you're cologne choice. the difficult thing with choosing date scents is that everyones tastes differ, so if you goal is to wear something that appeals to someone you don't know that well... it can be quite a task.

of all the scents i've owned and sampled, the two i uniformly get the most positive reactions to are brit and polo double black. my tastes tend to lean towards a lot of strong tonka-based fragrances, so brit gets quite a run on me.

best of luck!
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Dior Homme or Brit are the only chances to appear romantic, sophisticated but also a bit original, imo.
    Just a side note:
    since it's a first date, pay attention to olfactorial memory and she could associate for her entire life the memory of her first date with the scent you chose and also if you will go ahead with a relationship she will in some way associate you with this smell maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    since it's a first date, pay attention to olfactorial memory and she could associate for her entire life the memory of her first date with the scent you chose and also if you will go ahead with a relationship she will in some way associate you with this smell maybe.
    ...and the answers just keep coming because of this helpful community. They got married, children in the school, but someone searching the database would find this thread and will give a very-very good advice

Quote Originally Posted by papashango View Post
    Need to pick which frag to go with! Im a mid twenties classy/sophisticated/metro guy, going out with a a classy gal early 20s. Its at a pretty casual restaurant, and its first date, so im not going to go for the heavy hitter fragrance, not trying to close the deal tonight

Heres what I got:
    Dior Homme
    Burberry Brit
    YSL lhomme
    Unforgivable
    Allure sport
    Euphoria

Pretty much im only considering the top 3 and am leaning towards brit because its classy, not overpowering, and few people dislike it. I think dior homme is my go to in a romantic situation. YSL i really like..but dont trust it enough yet.

Thoughts??!
    Well dude, the 1 million dollar question is: WHAT DID YOU PICK?

And did it help in any way? Like, did she comment on it, sniff your neck or did it just make you feel confident by itself (which might be the most powerful aspect of cologne in the end).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm way late to this thread, my internet was spotty yesterday. I hope you went with Brit . I love that stuff.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Went with brit, and the date went VERY well. She wants it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Way to go!!

Post Thanks / Like

did she comment on it?

no, but she wanted to be close. girls dont throw out a bunch of compliments on dates. Most are very subtle and dont want to give off major signals. Its all good.

Brit now added to the wish list

Glad that she wants YOU...
    Now u can try the other ones...somewhere down the line she may say "Hey...remember the first time we went out..."
    thats when u know a fragrance has made an impression...keep us posted
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

What would people recommend for a second date?
    Using the same cologne as the first date? Choosing a different one?
    I wonder what you think about this..
    I tend to like to change and rotate scents, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for a 2nd date or not..
    Burberry London - 212 Sexy Men - Intimately beckham night for men - DKNY Be Delicious for men - Joop Jump! - Issey Miyake pour Homme
    Got samples but not using much: LezNez
    New samples: Azzaro Now - Chic for men - Hugo Energize - Boss Selection - Fou d'Absynthe - Absinthe Nasomatto - Amouage Dia - Mechant Loup L'Artisan - Piper Nigrum Villoresi

For swapping please PM me: got an unwanted gift, Creation Lamis Black Light

If you already went on the first date and she seemed to like being near you (near enough to smell you ) then wear the same cologne. If you continue to go out she will (hopefully) always remember your scent. I would change after a few dates since you say you like to rotate scents.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
    Carl Jung
    Swiss psychologist (1875 - 1961)

Quote Originally Posted by cailan View Post
    If you already went on the first date and she seemed to like being near you (near enough to smell you ) then wear the same cologne. If you continue to go out she will (hopefully) always remember your scent. I would change after a few dates since you say you like to rotate scents.
    thanks for the advice...
    Burberry London - 212 Sexy Men - Intimately beckham night for men - DKNY Be Delicious for men - Joop Jump! - Issey Miyake pour Homme
    Got samples but not using much: LezNez
    New samples: Azzaro Now - Chic for men - Hugo Energize - Boss Selection - Fou d'Absynthe - Absinthe Nasomatto - Amouage Dia - Mechant Loup L'Artisan - Piper Nigrum Villoresi

For swapping please PM me: got an unwanted gift, Creation Lamis Black Light

Post Thanks / Like

I wore Nightflight alot the first few months I was with my girlfriend (been with her ~ 11 months now). Now my bottle seems to have turned, or my skin has just majorly dried out in summer.. and it only lasts about 90 mins max on me. But on the very, very odd occaision that I do wear it, she ALWAYS comments and will always snuggle as close as possible to me, and keep sniffing my neck and chest :P

So if you can see this relationship going somewhere, wear only the 1 scent for the first few weeks / months, then start to rotate stuff up again (as I do now). When its a significant date, when you havent seen her for a week or so, or when you feel like 'treating' her so to speak, spray Brit (or whichever scent you decide on making your daily for the next few weeks /months) on :P