Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Green Scent Question...

bobby jones, is named after a golfer and smells like a green golf course very well done..apply sparingly

Maybe give Kiton Black a ride.

Thumbs up Re: Green Scent Question...

trust in me and buy MARQUIS BY CROWN.
    TOP 5: Penhaligons Racquets, Romeo Gigli Uomo, Great Jones Bond n 9, Esencia Loewe, Floris N 89

I'm gonna suggest a classic which deserves it's status: Grey Flannel.

Grey Flannel is considered green??? I obviously have no idea what a 'green' scent is supposed to smell like because I do not think green with Grey Flannel (you don't mean Eau de Grey Flannel right?)

I wish I had seen that outfit...to me it sounds like you'd want something heavier like Polo Green to support an outfit of such restrained class. I like the selection of FM VE..but I think it might be too airy (and you mentioned not wanting vetiver).

What about something really simple like Orange Verte? I find it very green and uplifting, I think it also lasts longer than people think. It's also easy to get, cheap, and women will like you for not smelling like Polo Green Your skinny ass might have to use the soap for extra longevity.

Guerlain Vetiver
    Lalique Encre Noir

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm gonna suggest a classic which deserves it's status: Grey Flannel.
    You may be thinking of Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene, who also makes Grey Flannel. Grey Flannel is not green but Bowling Green is and is worth a try. Some green scents that I think are pretty good are:

Green by Gendarme
    Bel Repriso by Chanel
    Angeliques Sous la Pluie by Ed. Fr. Malle
    French Lover by Ed. Fr. Malle
    Eau de Campagne by Sisley

Hmm, what is Grey Flannel considered then? The violet and oakmoss give it a green feel to me - but I take it I'm associating the wrong qualities with the understood meaning of green, here.

i dont think i've smelt anything that smelled more like a pure grass during summer time than Frank Los Angeles.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by usqview View Post
    i guess i will toss in my 2 cents here. i really havent tried too many scents but of the ones i have:

penhaligons- english fern

very unique and very green, i dont really like it too much in the winter time but it is great for the other 3 seasons.

penhaligons-bb

lemon and pine, very nice. it just fades too quickly on me.

cheers,
    ryan
    I am going to pipe in here with Ryan's suggestions.
    I have been exploring Penhaligon's and these are some :toppie:s if you ask me.
    English Fern would be my preference for green...I get lavender, mint and just a hint of incense in the drydown. (mind you , that could be my imagination, but that's what I get.)
    LOVE this one. It's on my new wishlist and I would get it just to wear around the house now and then, being a woman, I don't see myself wearing it out and about much.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    You may be thinking of Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene, who also makes Grey Flannel. Grey Flannel is not green ...
    Grey Flannel is one of the oldest green fragrances men have (top and heart notes). Although Osmoz have classified it as a woody-floral fragrance, they describe its greenness this way: "The top green note of galbanum and sparkling note of petit grain and neroli animate the warmth of the fragrance.The generous use of floral green notes of violet and rose ..." Also the H&R Genealogy carries it as green, a "Green Chypre" to be more exact.
    Last edited by narcus; 13th January 2008 at 01:56 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Thank goodness. If Grey Flannel wasn't considered green, I wouldn't know what could be.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Grey Flannel is one of the oldest green fragrances men have (top and heart notes). Although Osmoz have classified it as a woody-floral fragrance, they describe its greenness this way: "The top green note of galbanum and sparkling note of petit grain and neroli animate the warmth of the fragrance.The generous use of floral green notes of violet and rose ..." Also the H&R Genealogy carries it as green, a "Green Chypre" to be more exact.
    thanks Narcus - I stand corrected. My memory of Grey Flannel is a little "fuzzy" but I sure don't remember it as green. I'll have to try it again.
    --------------------------------------
    I tried Grey Flannel again and anyone looking for a green fragrance would be very disappointed with this one as green.

The company marketing description of the scent is "Grey Flannel is classified as a luxurious, oriental, woody fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of lemon, orange, violet, cinnamon and rose. Accompanied by woody notes of oak and sandalwood."

It may be green to some but there are definitely better fragrances to satisfy the natural desire for green. I smell no green notes in Grey Flannel - a little citrus before the violet/rose and woods?!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 19th January 2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost