Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Creed Fragrances for a Wedding.

My brother is getting married this summer. I wanted to get him and his wife to be a Creed scent each to wear on their wedding day. The idea is that in years to come they can both wear them and be transported back to their wedding day.

Ive known him to wear two perfumes, CK's Obsession and Antidote. I have no idea what fragrances she's into at all.

I'm familiar with most Creeds, I own MI, VIW and SMW but feel none of those are wedding suitable. I was thinking maybe GIT or BDP for him and Love in White for her?

Do you guys have an opinion?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Creed Fragrances for a Wedding.

I think these two are suitable:

For her: Fleur de Bulgarie
    For him: Tabarome Millesime

If it's a white wedding with the full pomp and circumstance, I'd say Royal English Leather for him, Love in White for her. Of course he might think that to weird if he's only used to designer stuff. But it is such a regal affair, sweet leather, yet straightforward & not over the top (in the way of Royal Delight).
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Fleurissimo for her; Bois de Portugal for him.
    Or, if you prefer, Millésime Impérial for both -- in the gold bottles, please.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 10th January 2008 at 11:33 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I think M.Imperial is perfect for a wedding!
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

When My father was married in October, I bought his wife Fluerismo. It was made for Grace Kelly when she married Prince Ranier of Monaco.

I'll start by stating that this is a terrific idea. It's great way to share your enthusiasm about fragrances with the ones you love and give them a thoughtful and classy gift. Keeping in mind that it's a summer wedding, I'd go with MI for him and LIW for her. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Fleurissimo for her; Bois de Portugal for him.
    Can't agree more. Those two are amongst the finest in the Creed catalog.
    -

Santal Imperial for both of them. Idea of both parts of a couple sharing a scent, same as sharing a life.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I am not familiar with many of the female offerings in the Creed line but I think that the starched shirt crisp purity of Himalaya would suit (no pun intended) a gentleman perfectly on his special day... not too heavy, not too sweet.. not too dated.. just something overstated that would allow the groom to steal the show... NOT his fragrance.

a.

Definately Love in White or Spring Flowers for the Bride...
    If your brother likes Obession, you may want to select Original Santal, or play it safe with GIT or MI

Her: Fleurissimo or Love In White

Him: Bois du Portugal

For the Bridesmaids: Fleurs de Bulgarie
    For the Groomsmen: Green Irish Tweed
    Last edited by Circa1905; 11th January 2008 at 12:43 PM.

I'll be wearing Feuille Verte. She can wear whatever she'd like - ( as long as its Creed )

which brings me to my next point...

Isn't a fragrance kind of a personal thing to pick out for something as special as your wedding? I mean, I'm not questioning your good judgement or anything, (and you have my unwaivering support for wanting to go with Creed in the first place!) but I, for one, surely would want to pick my own.

How much attention do the couple actually pay to fragrance in general? You could even expand your answer to that question beyond just cologne/perfume. I mean, I can't see any one of my friends rejecting a flacon of Millesime Imperial on their wedding day... but this just might be something to consider before you "expect" them to wear the scents on their special day. Maybe just give them to them the day of, or before the wedding, but don't say anything to the tune of "I was thinking you guys could wear these for your wedding". Ya feel me?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I'm with you. I wouldn't expect anyone to follow a recommendation on such a special day--only what feels right and truly special for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    Her: Fleurissimo or Love In White

Him: Bois du Portugal

For the Bridesmaids: Fleurs de Bulgarie
    For the Groomsmen: Green Irish Tween
    And I'm with you, too!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

This is perfect.

I sold a bottle of Spring Flower here on Basenotes, and she used the bottle on her WEDDING DAY, and LOVED IT! I would have regreted selling it since it is one of my favorites, except that for someone, that fragrance will be ingrained in her and her husband's memories forever, and that's worth everything

I highly recommend Spring Flower for her.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I'll be wearing Feuille Verte. She can wear whatever she'd like - ( as long as its Creed )

which brings me to my next point...

Isn't a fragrance kind of a personal thing to pick out for something as special as your wedding? I mean, I'm not questioning your good judgement or anything, (and you have my unwaivering support for wanting to go with Creed in the first place!) but I, for one, surely would want to pick my own.

How much attention do the couple actually pay to fragrance in general? You could even expand your answer to that question beyond just cologne/perfume. I mean, I can't see any one of my friends rejecting a flacon of Millesime Imperial on their wedding day... but this just might be something to consider before you "expect" them to wear the scents on their special day. Maybe just give them to them the day of, or before the wedding, but don't say anything to the tune of "I was thinking you guys could wear these for your wedding". Ya feel me?
    I agree, this is very much their day and I wouldn't want to presume that they would wear the ones I give them. That said, neither are very fussy about their fragrances and my plan was to give the perfumes to them before the wedding as a gift and they can then choose to wear them or not. It's very much a low key, summer wedding (in Poland) so I am gearing towards Love in White/Fleurissimo for her and MI or BDP for him. I have some samples so maybe i'll throw some their way
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

The two oldest Creeds: Royal English Leather (1780) for him and Fleurs de Bulgarie (1845) for her: what Kings and Queens wore.