Code of Conduct

Thread: Rochas Man

Default Rochas Man

Im thinking of blind buying this for a good price. What can you tell me about it? I read that girls love it and the longevity is good. Is it an ok scent for a day in high school and casual wear? Looking for just some overall opinions and comments
    Last edited by gza; 11th January 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rochas Man

I love Rochas Man. I would thoroughly read the reviews on this one (now that they're back up!). It is a terrific daytime winter scent...very sweet though. It smells very sugary with slight coffee and chocolate notes. It's a gourmand for certain...smells completely edible...but not in that over-the-top Amen sort of way. It's very smooth. Just please take it easy on the trigger...it really does work best in light doses. Hope that helps!

Rochas Man is one of my favorite gourmand fragrances... I don't find it overly rich and I think it's a lavender note.. that makes it almost silky/smooth in its feel. I owned Bonds New Haarlem which is very similar to Rochas Man... but I much prefer the cheaper Rochas version. It doesn't possess the thick gooeyness that many of the caramel/chocolate based fragrances do. I almost find it refreshing.. I almost get a slight cholclate/mint note.. if that's at all possible. Rochas tends to fly under the radar in my city... I rarely smell it.. but when I've worn it..it's never failed to garner loads of positive response.

a.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above replies. It's definitely for casual wear, but I prefer using it night during fall/winter months. (The oft compared Hanae Mori works better for daytime use, IMO.)

It's an excellent date scent. Women will get lost in it. As the others have said, don't use too much, especially if you're going dancing.
    Current Wardrobe: Terre d'Hermes (duh), Guerlain Vetiver, Bvlgari Aqua, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Mugler Cologne, Rochas Man, Green Irish Tweed

I love Rochas Man--smooth, sweet and silky. Not the chocolate upper cut of Angel. I love to layer RM with John Varvatos.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it, but comparing it to Hanae Mori HM in the EdP concentration, it was no contest. HM
    was the clear winner to me. The coffee/lavender/vanilla mix just doesn't work for me in Rochas Man.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's a winner! One of the best gourmands.

Maybe a little heavy for daytime or for high school, but you can bet no one else will be wearing it. Maybe if you use a light application.

Recommending it as a blind buy is tough (as is any scent), but if you can get it cheap enough...

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet...not a everyday scent...more for winter and evening.

I think this is great scent, lasts long, very noticable, interesting, comfortable, can be found cheap.

I've never smelled a sweet scent (I'm new to the fragrance game). Is the masculinity of the cologne questionable?

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    I love Rochas Man--smooth, sweet and silky. Not the chocolate upper cut of Angel. I love to layer RM with John Varvatos.
    That sounds fantastic! Care to elaborate on the John Varvatos comment? How much you spray of each, and reactions for example. I only own a few colognes and john varvatos happens to be one of them
    Last edited by gza; 11th January 2008 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all, it is my SOTD , yes it is sweet but not cloyingly so, and I can not imagine anyone will think this a feminine scent

A sweet, rich gourmand that's not cloying or annoying.
    (Think of it as New Haarlem for one-fourth the price -- that's essentially what it is.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Rochas Man will be worth the investment. I recommend it as a blind buy (and I don't do that often). Have fun.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

I bought it because it smelled good in the store and seemed to be in the style of scents I prefer. It's ok, but not great. Sweet, but not warm like I think A*men is. I MUCH prefer A*men to this. I'm nearly done with the bottle of RM, but won't be purchasing it again.

YMMV,
    Jeff