Code of Conduct

Thread: Free Yatagan

Default Free Yatagan

I love this Caron classic and want to share it with the world.
    Up for grabs is a large (4.2 oz.) bottle of Yatagan, about 80% full. (I don't need two bottles.)

Post a reply to this thread telling me why you should have this bottle. Many of you have not tried Yatagan; many of you have tried it and loved it; some of you have tried it and hated it; some of you want to give it a second chance. ALL of you should enter your name into the contest, if only for the hell of it.

I'll make my decision later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. The lucky winner should have his/her Yatagan before Christmas.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 18th December 2007 at 06:46 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Smile Re: Free Yatagan

I should get it... cause i want to feel like this....

------ It's like running through the Rocky Mountain while being chased by hungry mistreated Huskies ---

thats what lasta mentioned in his comments about yatagan here ..

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=203245

thanks

Default Re: Free Yatagan

Hello, this is my first post.
    I would like to try Yatagan because it seems to be a manly scent without being to floral. I keep reading the reviews of different scents and keep coming up with , Yatagan, M7, Terre de Hermes, Van Clef & Arpels for men, etc. I have not tried any of these things but they all seem to be something I should try.
    My budget dose not allow this at this time.
    So, I have been using Aqua Velva, Old Spice, Clubman, etc.
    Need I say more. I have to try and use a high quality scent.
    I am a fit, but mature 55 year old. I work in an executive environment. (Nice suit, shirt, tie, etc.)

Please help!

Steve
    Last edited by Luxlover; 18th December 2007 at 05:50 PM.

I have a pretty good wardrobe right now, but I've never had or tried Yatagan. I live in a pretty rural area where there are no places to go and smell Yatagan and see if I like it. This will probably be the only way unless I buy it blind. I would greatly appreciate it as well!! :-)

I should be the lucky recipient of the bottle of Yatagan because Canada needs more people wearing quality Caron fragrances. I have never seen a Caron on retail shelves up here, therefore the best way to educate your neighbors to the north is for me to serve as an olfactory billboard on behalf of Caron and fragrance fans everywhere.

Consider this an exercise in international diplomacy and global education in parfumerie
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

Yatagan, a curved sword of Turkish origin. There was a time, long ago, when real men - real warriors - still brandished a blade while facing cowardly enemies who hid in the shadows with their guns.

Look at my wardrobe. I've been one of the cowards, hiding in the shadows with my safe and inoffensive scents. Give me a blade so that its steel may reflect my inner spirit. Make a warrior out of me!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 18th December 2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typos and stuff

I don't need it, I have a bottle already. But kudos to you for wanting to share this magnificent beast!

I need it because after being married for 21 years I need extra help in getting laid!

I should have it, because its brother Le 3rd is on his way from NYC to my home. I do not want him to be apart from his brother Yatagan. I cannot stand seeing him suffer a dysfunctional family. Hope you understand.

P.S. Just kidding. I am sure that an international shipping is not included in this giveaway.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Yatagan, Oh Yatagan....The first time we met it was when I was just a young lad, thinking I had you figured out with my little toy buccaneer sword to challenge the mighty Yatagan! I came for a fight and all I got was the smell of Shi'ite! The second time we met you scurvy dog, I smelled your aroma and I thought ....How could this be is the mighty Yatagan finnally takings baths just like me? He doesn't smell like an Arabian brothel anymore! Has he gotten a measure of class to him now? What is that smell Yatagan? Did you start talking bath's in celery juice? Obsurd! You are finally becoming a sword I can brandish as my own! No longer taken from the dung hills of the world, but kept preserved in celery....

Yatagan, OH Yatagan! The first time we met I was much too weak to brandish you and I was used to my toy plastic sword...but the second time we visited, I am stronger, more refined, and now I see.... that the changes I now see in you, were not changes in you but changes in ME!

LOL
    Pugs

PS....(an A for effort) I will brandish this sword with pride, and carry to all the redneck clans of North Carolina!

I tried it and it will never cross my threshold again Not even for free!:brolly:

And to compare it to Third Man........Blasphemy young man!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Knightowl should get it as a lifetime contribution to basenotes award, he has been wanting some. I have a fresh new 125 ml bottle and can't imagine needing more than that.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I wholeheartedly agree with Hirch. I vote for Knightowl as well. Especially for his always entertaining, timely, and well placed "I love cologne" posts that always make me laugh.

I came into this thread thinking that Yatagan had been arrested.

Clearly, I should receive the bottle because of my concern for its well being.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

LOLOLOL -- that reminds me of a joke I heard recently -- a comedian said, "I knew I'd moved to Berkeley when I saw a sign that said 'Free Firewood' and the gal next to me asked, 'Who's Firewood and what's he done?'"

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Me because where I am located now I have no way of getting it for next year or longer.
    Or Knightowl for sharing his reviews and helping others to discover new scents even when they can't sniff them.

Smile Re: Free Yatagan

I should be the one to get it. I have a massive respect for classics. I'm 40 years old. I go to every Dept. Store & they shove Aqua Digo in my face. Plus It is an older frag. I love classics. I don't even see that (Yatagan) in Cologne stores. So look no further. Please pick me.

Hi there!

I live in Brisbane, Australia, the backwater of fragrance distribution circles. I've never seen Yatagan or smelled it, but I'd love to add it to my wardrobe! And who doesn't like free stuff! Plus I've got a good name!

Cheers
    QuietEarth

Ah Yatagan, why do I want thee?

Perhaps it's prowess and power would assist me in my quest in finding a job (currently not employed)
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

This is one I've never tried. I think it might help my social life(Single)

I have no compelling reason why I should receive such a wonderful gift. I have not tried it, and in Memphis, we have no niche-like places for fashion, or even scents. I have read nice stuff about this, and I can tell you that if I did not like it, I would re-place it on here to give away like you did. Other than that, you are most generous to do this.

Sam

You can buy buy Yatagan at Memphis Fragrance on Winchester for 30 bucks Finsfan; plenty of sought after frags in that store that you can't find at Macys. I can find Bond, Creed, Sisley, Art of Shaving, Santa Maria Novella, Molinard, Parfums del Rae, Hermes, Chanel, Suzanne Lang, Truefitt and Hill and other frag lines within a 5 mile radius in Memphis. We have plenty of choices, you just gotta look.

Talking Re: Free Yatagan

I am marginally skilled in verse anyone can see
    But for someone to brandish the sword, its got to be me.
    I would treat it with the utmost respect
    If it were me I would gladly accept.
    An instrument of such noble and exposing line
    I would only use it for issues of the divine.

Besides, I am kind of a wimp and my love life needs immediate help.
    One other reason. You already have my address so what could be easier than that. Right?

By the way it is most generous of you to give it away, whoever gets it.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 18th December 2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: addition
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I was a starship captain. We crash landed while surveying this planet you call "Earth," but that we in my galaxy know as Starbuckistan. On my home planet the great spirit was kind enough to make the air smell naturally of Yatagan. Without this air, or the destroyed Yatiganizers aboard our starship, I need more Yatagan, and I need your Yatagan, to continue the proper functioning of my vital bodily fluids.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I will throw my name into the hat as well.
    I am not sure if I am ready for Yatagan.
    I tried a little sample once, but I felt it wasn't for me.
    I felt the same way about Kouros, until reading so many reviews, I tried it again. Now I love it!
    Perhaps it is time for me to try Yatagan again. I want to spray it on my skin - not one of those little vial samples.
    I would truly appreciate the bottle, but perhaps it should go to one who already knows they are ready to wear this fragrance. That's a large bottle.
    Based on all the recent reviews, I need to try this one again.
    Good luck to all!!!
    and thanks to tvlampboy for a most generous offer.

I'm going to throw my name in. I'd love to have it, since it'd be another manly powerhouse frag. to make my sisters wrinkle their noses at. It'd be another to sport out to the bars, and work, and everywhere. Every frag. store I've been in has had SAs furrowing their brows and asking "Who?" when I mention Caron, or even creed, or l'artisan. I sent one hell of an e-mail essentially begging for samples from Caron which got no reply and no samples. In fact this is the e-mail:

"Good day to you.

My name is Jiggity [changed for internet] and I am on a quest to find some brilliantly unique fragrances, which brought me to your door/e-mailbox. Ever since high school I have been wearing cologne, yet I always managed to wear something that everyone and their mothers wore [cool water, acqua di gio....boy was I a mess], thankfully those days are behind me. I have been seeking out three of the colognes made by your house of perfumery, and have had zero luck, in fact, most of the places I've sought them out [Sephora, Macy's, Nordstroms...] have had salespeople who were unaware of your existence.

At these 'finer' retailers, I was hoping to peruse your L'anarchiste, Yatagan, and Le 3me Homme fragrances, which, after reading the reviews on Basenotes.net I have found each to be intriguing in their own ways. I yearn for the Brutal masculinity which I read about Yatagan, and for the more reserved masculinity and mystery of L'anarchiste, and the gentlemanly power of Le 3me Homme.

I am hoping to be able to sample the above mentioned fragrances [Yatagan, L'anarchiste, and Le 3me Homme] if possible. The opportunity to do so in Kansas seems to have escaped me, and purchasing fragrances without being able to dry them down on oneself is a fairly risky endeavor.

If you do find it in your hearts to send me samples of the fragrances I have sought out for so long, my address currently is:

[insert address here]

it really would mean a lot to me to have the opportunity to experience these fragrances that have had such legendary reviews.

Thank you for taking time to read this e-mail, I hope we can do business sometime soon."

It may not have worked on them, but hopefully it does on you!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

If you send me the bottle and I don't have to buy a replacement for my pitifully dwindling stock, it will save the shameful underground harvesting of yet another endangered wild Yatagan to satisfy my lust for this fragrance.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I understand it's a Titan of an outdoor inspired scent and it would be welcomed by this Titan who loves the outdoors. I also work part-time for an outdoor outfitter and it would certainly make an impression gearing someone up for a day on the slopes or trail. Can smell it now. Ahhh.

I would love to have it because I think it would be the final step in me becoming the sort of person who wears Yatagan.

But whoever you choose, good for you for doing this. To be honest, if you did pick me to assist in my journey of transformation, and I liked it, I'd be sorely tempted to buy a bottle and do what you've just done with your bottle. I like that idea.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 18th December 2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: I missed some words out!

'Cause I wanna be a MACHOOO MACHOOO MAAAAANNNNNNNN

ps...not that I would get it anyway with that foolishness (I just wanted to post it ), but please give it to someone who will use it. I would probably not.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 19th December 2007 at 01:50 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I want the bottle of Yatagan because I tripped and fell down the stairs this morning, while carrying a bowl full of milk-soaked cheerios. No joke....

Secondly, I'd like the Yatagan, because I hastily gave mine up for a door prize for clients at the resource center I work at (I'm not sure yet, how it was received)

Last, I want the bottle of Yatagan to save it from falling into the hands of those who wish to destroy it!

Regardless, congrats to anyone who lands this baby!

a.

Dear TV,

I would like the bottle of Yatagan because it would take a lot of nerve for me to ask you for anything, and Yatagan would be the perfect symbol of this nerve.

Cheers and Happy Holidays, regardless.
    You are not your perfume.

What's MOST amazing about your offer is that I've just been revived from my coma (of 15 years) to the intoxicating scent of Yatagan by visitors to the gentleman next to me (who has, alas, still to revive).

I feel most energized and ready to bound out this chain of a bed, yet the nurses and doctors tell me I must stay put so they can run their tests and so I can fully recover.

RECOVER! Hah! I know what got me out of that stupor, though I'm not quite sure how I got knocked out...I remember a shouting match between Pavarotti and Bono about their album, a flying bottle of Aceto Balsemico di Modena, then darkness, then....YATAGAN!

Yes it was the Yatagan that did it my friends...pure, unadulterated Pine, Leather, Vetiver (he must have had it on for a while...is there just a hint of celery in the air, the sillage of geraniums, or is that the IV?)

But I grow weary...weakness pervading my atrophied frame...will I go back to that dark, scentless oblivion...is there nothing that can be done to prevent me from seeping back to the antiseptic stench of this hospital.

Please my friend...send me the sweet patchoulli scent of Marcello's greatest achievement, before it's too late and I lose, YET AGAIN, the heady, aromatic scent of YATAGAN!

Lastly, did I mention that I love Oklahoma City! I plan to run this year's Marathon there (if the Yatagan arrives in time) and have had the greatest time talking with the wonderful ladies at Essentials in Casady Square.

You are a true gentlemen for this offer, and I herald you for it, whatever it's outcome (and in my final dolorous haze, I shall pray for your immortal soul that you make the right choice)
    Last edited by KUJO; 19th December 2007 at 02:20 AM.

Thrax

Dear Matt,

Many good things come and go in life. Friends, loved ones, pets, many other things as well. Let it be known that never have I come across a Caron that truly truly impressed me as much as I hope "Yatagan" does. I have sailed to many far away lands. Seen the Pyramids of the kings of old, relaxed on the italian countryside, went on many a safari in the african Havana. Never-NEVER, have I had the opportunity to smell this manly and otherworldly concoction that is both raved about and hated basenotes wide. Matt, give me the opportunity to test-no, love this fragrance. Both I, and my good friend whom you may know by 'The Baron de Charlus' would thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    You can buy buy Yatagan at Memphis Fragrance on Winchester for 30 bucks Finsfan; plenty of sought after frags in that store that you can't find at Macys. I can find Bond, Creed, Sisley, Art of Shaving, Santa Maria Novella, Molinard, Parfums del Rae, Hermes, Chanel, Suzanne Lang, Truefitt and Hill and other frag lines within a 5 mile radius in Memphis. We have plenty of choices, you just gotta look.

I know about Bond, Creed and Sisley and very limited SMN, thanks to Josephs and Zoe's. Art of Shaving I dont consider a real scent. Hermes also is at Oak Hall. THe Lang and the others, I had no idea. I never get over to Winchester considering that I am in Cordova, and generally, the stores there are not what they were when the Hickory Ridge Mall was in its prime. Yet I am really surprised that Yatagan or the like would be available there. I am going to look up the phone number and see what they have.

Generally, I might be able to find Habit Rouge for a Guerlain maybe at Dillards if it is leftover. Zoe's sells high end makeup and they have the Creed and Bond, and a few SMN, where I did get to try Potpourri. Joseph's had a great deal one time on Voluer de Roses and Sixcats and others got bottles if I recall for $30. I posted the phone number and they sold out - it was too out there for Memphis tastes. Art of Shaving and Truefit and Hermes at Oak Hall. But really, what do we have for men if not for those places? The women have a bit better selection only because of the makeup lines. We dont have a Saks or Barneys or Neiman or Nordies, so we dont even get those offerings. Heck, we only had Perfumania for a while at the Factory Outlet, it closed and now I think there is one at WOlfchase

So I can save money by not buying Syrup of Ipecac? blech.

j/k I don't want it ;p

since receiving my first bottle of this elixir, just one week ago today, i have taken to pouring myself a dram or two each night. you see, i have found that merely spraying myself with this heavenly scent is not enough. i havent been able to find a flacon of it anywhere and am in terrible fear that i might run out very soon. please, help! i might need to seek help soon if i cant get more.

lagavulin 16? no thanks, i'll take yatagan-neat please!

cheers,
    ryan

mighty kind of you to offer up such a nice gift for xmas. i think that it should go to a member that has never even smelled a sample of it.
    Last edited by usqview; 19th December 2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: ?mark

I've pretty much taken a step back from fragrances because I have many more important things going on right now, and frankly don't have the time to read and enjoy this wonderful world of ours. That means Yatagan may very will be my last scent (for a long time at least). And lastly because I tend to love the in your face fecal/woody fragrances.

Cheers and happy holidays!

I want to try it because it was recommend to me when I started the "grunge" scents thread...haven't had the chance to try it yet (unavailable) so this could be my chance...never know.

I would like the Yatagan because I have a fake Christmas tree and the only way I will be able to smell an "evergreen" smell is to spray my tree with it (and of course myself).

Hopefully it will also cause me to get my stocking "stuffed" by Miss Claus if you know what I mean........:-).
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I just awoke from a very deep sleep. I had been cologne shopping most of the day and I was worn out when I arrived home. I didn't find any scents that I liked, but this is no surprise because Perfumania is the best I could get to today. The rain and traffic were overwhelming, and clearly the soccer moms were out in full force.

No sooner had I arrived arrived home did I hit the bed. I was swept away by the sound of rain still persisting outside. Within in my deep sleep I felt peaceful. I found myself in a wonderful mountainscape, filled with pines and evergreens. I was enveloped in a smell that I had never laid my nose on before. It was pure bliss.

"What is this?" I proclaimed? "I must have it!"

"Yatagan!" was the response. I turned to find two stunning daemons at my feet. They introduced themselves as Ella and Cleo. I asked them how I could obtain such a scent? Surely it has been bottled????

"It has been, and it awaits you," said Ella.

"You must awaken, and go to basenotes. There, you will find Yatagan." Cleo promised.

"Go! Go! Your time is short! You may have already missed it!" they both warned.

I instantly awoke. What was that? I didn't know for sure, but I knew I had to come here to see what awaited me...
    Last edited by atrac; 19th December 2007 at 06:30 AM.

"Free Yatagan"? Why, is Yatagan being held for ransom somewhere in Baghdad? .

Well, recently i ran out of my small, one-ounce bottle. Ever since then, my testosterone started dropping, my voice is getting higher, my adam's apple is disappearing, and i'm growing man-boobies...

So, please, help me re-discover my manhood...the macho stud who i once was. A Yatagan stud. A stud who ooozes wormwood and castoreum from every pore.

Save me from eventually posting only in the female fragrance discussion forum...
    Last edited by knightowl; 19th December 2007 at 07:27 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Excellent thread you started tvlampboy !! I have enjoyed reading thru all the posts and very much like the two above atrac & knightowl .....

*** I HAVE JUST PUT YATAGAN ON MY GET ASAP LIST !!! .... i love the 70's

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

What a thread!
    What a great suggestion!
    I took my hat off - and gratefully leave that marvellous Yatagan present to somebody else who want it more, who asked you pretty please, and who are better that poor me - like you did it, sharing your grace onto us Basenoters!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default And The Winner Is . . .

Finsfan. I was especially impressed by his desire to pass the bottle on to someone else should he not like it -- that, to me, is what Basenotes is all about. Also, he's never yet tried riding this wild, oily beast -- and everyone deserves a chance to experience Yatagan for the first time, no matter his/her ultimate opinion about this controversial Caron.

Knightowl's plea for more cojones in a bottle came close, granted (I laughed my ass off!), and Nicolas V's cool Kyle MacLachlan avatar almost made me veer off in his Canadian direction, but I ultimately came to the decision that finsfan is to be the proud new owner of this Yatagan.

Congrats, finsfan -- pm me your address and I'll get the Yatagan out in tomorrow's or Friday's post.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 19th December 2007 at 02:57 PM.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Nevermind that there is a tester of Yatagan sitting on a shelf 3 miles from the center of Memphis and Three full bottles for sale right behind it. Been there for oh maybe 4 years now...I guess some basenoters are just not as crazy and OC as I am about getting out and about to try frags and that is probably a good thing. Congrats Finsfan.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 19th December 2007 at 03:08 PM.

A great great thread. I wish it wouldn't end.

Thanks for the wonderful idea, TVLB. (The moderator side of me was pulling for Nicolas V, hehe.)

Really fun everyone.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Congrats to finsfan and a big thanks to TV for helping to spread the Holiday Cheer! A very generous act and yet another reason why Basenotes is such a special place.

(I'm just kinda laughing at the thought that finsfan might be wearing Yatagan to his Christmas party! Good times!!)
    You are not your perfume.

...and thanks to those of us who made the effort but didn't win! :P

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Yatagan, a curved sword of Turkish origin. There was a time, long ago, when real men - real warriors - still brandished a blade while facing cowardly enemies who hid in the shadows with their guns.

Look at my wardrobe. I've been one of the cowards, hiding in the shadows with my safe and inoffensive scents. Give me a blade so that its steel may reflect my inner spirit. Make a warrior out of me!
    Haha, that was awesome. You would get the fragrance if it was me giving it away.

Congrats, Finfan! TV, thank you for your generosity. Everyone else, thank you for your creativity and personality
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

Yatagan,

Hmmm, let me see, yeah i could use it...i've always wanted a celery note in my charcoal lighter fluid.

Wow, TV, thank you. I will pm you after posting this. It only seemed right to offer to pass it on if it was not to my liking, because years ago, I had never really liked a vetiver and, you old guys will remember, Mando Christo posted on the Guerlain and he offered it to me. It was very raw, and my nose was not yet accustommed to this, and so I passed it on to someone here. In fact, should you desire, I can pass it on to someone you predesignate.

Anyway, thank you for your generosity.

Sam

Congrats finsfan (if that means Miami Dolphins fan, then you really deserve it after this season) :-)
    Enjoy it!!

Congrats finsfan, and please keep an eye on Yatagan so he doesn't get arrested again.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    Congrats finsfan (if that means Miami Dolphins fan, then you really deserve it after this season) :-)
    Enjoy it!!

Well, yes, it does refer to that. I was 11 and lived in Jacksonville for a year and Miami was the only pro team in the state at that time. We moved to Memphis the year afterward and Miami went to the Super Bowl and the next year after that, 17-0. They have been a quality franchise all along, so one really down year will not faze me. Besides, we get the 1st pick in the draft. Now for someone to beat the Patriots
    --------------------------------------
    The scent arrived today, so I will just open it as a Christmas present tomorrow and will then proceed to wear it that afternoon. I'll report my first impressions here, so wish it well on me (unless you are wanting me to put it back up on here, in which case, hope it smells like that burnt rubber from Bulgari on me)

Sam
    Last edited by finsfan; 24th December 2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Memphis Fragrance just opened a new store out by the Paradiso on Poplar and Mendenhall. They have a whole bunch of perfumes and colognes at good prices. I was surprised that they still carried discontinued fragrances like Safari and had hard to find fragrances like Hermes and Guerlain. Since it was a discount store, I was surprised to find things like Chanel and Creed, which sell for over $100!! Love the store, the guy is chill, and the place looks great. Anyone looking for any fragrance should check it out