Code of Conduct

Default Buying Online During Winter: A Bad Thing?

I bought many perfumes online during the past few weeks, and I am constantly worried that my perfumes will be left under the front door, and reach freezing temperatures (8 degrees fahrenheit). Do you folks know happens when a perfume is exposed to very low temperatures? Is it harmed in any way?

Lucius

Default Re: Buying Online During Winter: A Bad Thing?

I've been ordering online for a while; FragranceX packages them wonderfully. Of course, they are a bit chilly when I receive them, but it doesn't really do anything bad. If they're left in those temperatures constantly, then it becomes an issue.

However, I have not noticed anything wrong with my bottles; they all smell fine. Hopefully this next one that I'm getting on Tuesday won't be ruined by the cold... I'll let you know when I get it!

I would imagine the cold of winter to be better than the heat of summer? Frags are alcohol so they shouldn't freeze, right?

With a solution of 90+% ethanol you would need temperatures of less than -100 degrees Fahrenheit to get it to freeze.

The ethanol may not freeze, but the oils and other substances may change their properties because of the low temperatures. A perfume that reached very low temperatures may be damaged, even if it didn't freeze!
    Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 26th January 2008 at 05:06 PM.