Code of Conduct

Default Picked up some Tuscany at Lord and Taylor

Picked up some Tuscany at Lord and Taylor the other day. It's been available the last few years at L&T and Macy's and if I'm there I stop to sample it and tell my self that one of these days I will buy another bottle. Had a bottle in 1986-87 and dropped it on the bathroom floor and broke it but never replaced. Odd. I think I bought Fendi when I went to the store to replace. But before I made my purchase I sampled some newer items... Calvin Man, Polo Explorer etc. in the event that I might find something worthy and wait on this classic. I don't know what to say about the fragrances that continue to come out other than they suck. Sales associate suggested I take a sample of Polo Explorer because it was a fresh, amber, woody scent and it might be something I would like since I was purchasing Tuscany. I sampled the Explorer before I cracked the Tuscany open incase I was mistaken and might enjoy a new release, which I generally don't. I suppose I have become jaded. Well as I had suspected it was awful. It had a dry,synthetic fruit and amber sweetness that remided me of Polo Black, which I couldn't stand the days wearing when I sampled that. I don't get any pine akin to the original Polo Green or any similarities to Rocabar as some posts mention. I would welcome that.
    I will reserve my Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein purchases for clothing items. I think I am going to save my nostrils the agony of smelling any more of their offerings. The Tuscany however was as good as the day I encountered it.
    Last edited by Titan; 13th January 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: Picked up some Tuscany at Lord and Taylor

hmmm, good post. Find some tuscany forte and you will be hooked forever....
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Post Thanks / Like

Titan,

I agree. I had a Macy's gift card given to me for X-mas, thought I would use it to buy a new fragrance. They all (well, the ones I don't have) smelled synthetic or the price was so crazy (compared to online, like Boucheron) that I ended up buying a tie and shirt.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

I am not crazy about the Forte version - I sold my bottle on ebay and it went for an outragious price. I am going to pick up an other bottle of the original edt.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the regular version better aswell. If you want the forte, might aswell get Azzaro Pour Homme. It's the crispness of Tuscany that makes it "beautiful".

Post Thanks / Like

i have not really tried tuscany other than smell the spray nozzle...it just didnt seem appealing to me, but now im intrigued...by the way, i hate explorer too....it sucks ass, imo.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got some carded samples of Tuscany Forte in a few days ago (Ebay) - I've never smelled it before, although I wore Tuscany a lot when I was growing up and loved it. Looking forward to wearing the Forte soon.