Code of Conduct
    akenep

Default Looking for alternative to Eau D Hadrien by Annick Goutal

I am looking for something that is identical to Eau D Hadrien by Annick Goutal that is more readily available and at a better price.

Eau D Hadrien by Annick Goutal is a classic, non overpowering scent that I really like. Only problem is it does not last that long and now that I am on a budget....it is not in my budget anymore (saving for a condo). Is there anything very close to it, that I can find in the better department stores?

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by akenep; 13th January 2008 at 02:09 AM.

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Looking for alternative to Eau D Hadrien by Annick Goutal

Try Eau Sauvage. It's not a "smell-alike," but is in the same family, outstanding in quality, and readily available at very good prices.

Eau Sauvage is a good recommendations, though you won't find it having the same ylang ylang
    character. If it's Hadrien you want, I don't know of any real substitute.

Hadrien is available at online discounters. Search for it.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 13th January 2008 at 08:32 AM.

Sorry I cannot help you, akenep, as I do not know Eau d'Hadrien well. I am just using the chance to ask what other guys may know about Hadrien Absolu , which isn't listed in the directory. I have seen no review about it yet. It seems to have EDP strength, and hence may be less short lived -- ? Hadrien was tremendously popular here three years ago.
    Last edited by narcus; 13th January 2008 at 09:56 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Sorry I cannot help you, akenep, as I do not know Eau d'Hadrien well. I am just using the chance to ask what other guys may know about Hadrien Absolu , which isn't listed in the directory. I have seen no review about it yet. It seems to have EDP strength, and hence may be less short lived -- ? Hadrien was tremendously popular here three years ago.
    Check scentemental's review, which covers EdT and Absolu in detail!
    I've never much cared for this since I can't shake the lemon pledge/washing up liquid etc. associations. Acqua di Parma is much better IMHO (but expensive as well) But here's a suggestion: why not get yourself a bag of 50 Crown Imperial sample vials (approx 70ml) at directcosmetics.co.uk for two dollars plus shipping. I find the citrus note (more of a pure lemon than Hadrien's lemon-cedrat-grapefruitish approach) unsurpassed, the drydown is very powdery and traditional. It does in an English style what Hadrien does for the Mediterranean. And it does make you smell regal, as if you already owned six condos, two manors and a castle
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Thanks for the hint, Tom! According to format and style it must be this one: "4269, 26 March 2006". I happen to share scentimental's preference for Signoricci 2 (now Signoricci) which I would love to recommended to akenep, if he can find it.

The good thing about fragrances from Annick Goutal is that they have less control over the markets than LVMH (Acqua di Parma) or Creed exert. You can therefore find Eau de Hadrien and other AG perfumes at prices far below the levels dictated by the big sharks. AdP's Colonia Assoluta is perhaps closer to Hadrien than their original AdColonia which has rose in it.

I own that lot of 25 vials/2ml of Imperial Crown, and can only confirm what you said. I just keep forgetting that I have this excellent citrus frag myself (because of the unusual format ).
    Last edited by narcus; 13th January 2008 at 08:05 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Why look for something 'identical' to another fragrance? If you like a fragrance, get it and don't settle for 2nd best because you will not find an identical fragrance. Many members will suggest alternatives, yes, they are similar, but not identical. If you buy an alternative, you will be continually comparing it to the original and then feeling disapointed because you didn't get the Eau d'Hadrien.

Barry

lasting citrus, the eternal quest.

The new Lubin citrus is very nice as is Profumum's Acqua Viva but they're not going to last. You'll need a small bottle somewhere to freshen up the scent and as citrus does lighten your mood. Eau D' Hadrien is a classic I agree.

Creed's Orange spice has longevity but you really have to like oranges... alot.

Check out Eau de New York by Bond No. 9

Not identical, but in the very same vein with a floral hint and less herbs.

Nothing replaces EdH, though. Nothing.
    Last edited by Killer_Vavoom; 13th January 2008 at 02:34 PM.

akenep

Thanks for all the suggestions, I was just looking for an alternate to Eau D Hadrien just to see if there was something similar to it.
    Last edited by akenep; 14th January 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Post Re: Looking for alternative to Eau D Hadrien by Annick Goutal

There is no other like " EAU D' HADRIEN" .....

Miller Harris's Citron Citron is to some extent an updated Eau d'Hadrien but lacks the bite I prefer in Hadrien. It comes in an edp concentration as well.

Hadrien Absolu EDP lacks some of the Hadrien bite and jacks up the ylang ylang. It's amazing and has profound longevity for a citrus.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th March 2008 at 11:31 AM.

I like very much L'eau d'hadrien but had the same issue about lasting power. I have it with all citrusses since my skin seem to blow out literally citrus notes, they're almost gone after a while if they're not fixed by stronger notes that my skin can keep going on.
    Sorry Pluran, I can see the pure beauty that citron citron is but again my skin blown it quickly, plus on me it's a bit more bitter than l'eau d'Hadrien. The only way I found to enjoy l'eau is to prefer Les Nuits d'Hadrien to it: same topnotes, save lemon and Ylang ylang good vibes, but with a very soft green, woody cypress-sandalwood ultrasmooth carpet that keep things going on all day long. Worth a try.

I'm a long time fan of Eau d'Hadrien, and although I love and own (have owned) Acqua di Parma and the mentioned Miller Haris, which have their own unique caracter, I'm gonna second Killer and Robertos statement that there's no other Eau d'Hadrien and it's hard to beat .And about the longevity problem: the Hadrien Absolue lasts a bit longer.

To come back to your original question, maybe Tommy Hilfiger's discontinued "T" is a cheaper and a bit more synthetic smelling alternative for you.
    Last edited by eric; 14th January 2008 at 02:10 PM.