Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone worn LiLi of Bermuda fragrances?

Today I tried some LiLi of Bermuda Jasmin perfume. What a floral adventure it was! The first flower to emerge was gardenia, thick and rich, followed almost immediately by magnolia. It wasn't long before I picked up a definite tuberose kick, heady but not overpowering. Where was the jasmine? Time passed and there began a steady ramp up to glorious ylang ylang, while still retaining the tuberose and gardenia. I was beginning to think that the label was incorrect and settled in to enjoy the tropical floral creation when, much to my surprise, the elegant and etherial scent of Italian jasmine appeared clear and true. This tropical ylang/Italian jasmine combo lasted for hours.

Normally I'm not a pure floral person but LiLi of Bermuda Jasmin is delicious - feminine without being frilly.

Default Re: Has anyone worn LiLi of Bermuda fragrances?

Can someone please tell me why this pretty line of fumes is not listed anywhere on Basenotes??? The Bermuda Perfumery has been around since 1928.

I have been sampling many of the Lili Bermuda florals for women and find they are LOVELY.

I purchased the men's and women's sample sets a few months ago (actually sold them both on here recently). They create some very nice fragrances, but I did find the lasting power of the men's not very long at all.

Women's fragrance set
    Men's fragrance set

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. I found longevity issues with a few of the female scents as well, even so I do plan to purchase a couple of them in the parfum strength and am hoping that will give me more lasting power. We shall see....

I followed your link -- their prices are quite reasonable, aren't they? Especially since I've been looking at Serge Lutens and Keiko Mecheri this morning, I think I'm still in sticker shock.

Talking Re: Has anyone worn LiLi of Bermuda fragrances?

Tried these on my Bermuda trip last fall and invested in the Library. As a result, I own South Water and am saving up clams for, Petals, Lily, Oleander, Jasmine, Passion Flower, and Frangipanni.

South Water has good longevity on me and I tend to make frags disappear. The jasmine is round and haunting - ditto the Lily (a hint of Easter though mostly muguet) and Oleander. I find these to be quality scents attractively packaged. Let's all report them to Grant and get them into the Directory!!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 29th April 2010 at 07:21 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I think this is my de-lurking message ...

Last winter I picked up a vintage 1/4 oz. of LiLi Oleander for $2 in a thrift store (only about a third of the bottle left) not knowing anything about the company, just because it smelled so gorgeous! I don't know what oleander smells like actually ... this reminds me of a sweet almond blossom soap I used to love, and the drydown is a very dry vanilla similar to Shalimar, though not with the same lasting power or intensity. In fact I'm wearing the two layered at the moment ... very nice.

I'm intrigued to learn they are still producing perfumes. I just looked at their fragrance library online ... looks gorgeous but so sad they don't include the Frangipani or Jasmine!

Basenotes Institution

i had a browse on the website yesterday - so tempting !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

8 years ago, we took a family trip to Bermuda. The perfumery was in it's original location, on a large piece of property (6 acres, which is giagantic in Bermuda) you could go out and explore. They had a small tour of the "factory". The thing that impressed me the most was the explanation and the demonstation of the effleurage method of capturing the essential oils of the flower and the story of their "lily" perfume.
    I bought quite a few that day but Bermudiana was my favorite. I noticed that it's no longer on the site either.
    The business is under new ownership now & I've not been back to Bermuda to tour the new facility. I can tell you that there was a lot of local pride in the product. From what I can tell, that is still the case.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Now I want some.......................
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

I bought soap & body lotions. The soap was wonderful, creamy lather, highly scented. But then, I am a soap "nut". The Oleander fragrance was lovely, a bit more of a fresh floral. The lily was "intense", a stunning lily. IMO.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

If you search "Bermuda Perfumery" on YouTube, you'll find a TV interview and tour that shows how they make perfumes using lots of locally grown raw ingredients. Every bottle is filled by hand, and they can create custom scents. Very reasonably priced. Fragrance libraries available for women and men. I'll be ordering the sample libraries.

Just picked up some "Paradise" EdT for my wife and some samples for myself (Somers and South Water).

I think she'll be excited by this one

Refreshing and seductive oriental fragrance, Paradise is a voluptuous concoction of honeysuckle, blue orchid with orange flower, warm exotic spices, addictive vanilla, patchouli and musk incense with an effervescent top note of bergamot, tangerine and juicy pomegranate, creating an unforgettable long lasting memory.
    Love the bottle too

Blog Entries

^^^Thanks so much for bumping this. White florals are my passion! I am definitely planning to visit this place. it looks like the parfum might be the concentration for me. I love the packaging for this brand! getting excited for this family trip even though I can't take so much sun. I may PM you closer to the time I am going, with questions.
    Last edited by Fleurine; 27th April 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

I have a sample of vintage Lily. It's wonderful!

If I was smart, I would have bought the Women's Fragrance Set ( vials of ten fragrances: Coral, Pink, Lily, Petals, Oleander, Passion Flower, Alegria, Paradise, Fresh Water and South Water) for her to sample, but knowing her, it might have come off as a big tease . Her favorite place on earth is Bermuda so maybe all of it will be a big tease

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rednails View Post
    I have a sample of vintage Lily. It's wonderful!
    I have a feeling there may be a bottle of Lily in my future...almost all the feminines feature white flowers, sigh.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.