Code of Conduct

Lightbulb To Those of You Who Keep Your Boxes...

I'd be interested in amassing ingredient information as listed on the fragrance boxes. It wouldn't be foolproof in figuring out reformulations, dates of production and the like, but it may give us greater collective insight into why we smell what we smell, esp. since many of us are fans of Dr. Turin and Chandler Burr's work in detailing the scientific side of fragrance.

Obviously, a fragrance whose ingredients are listed solely as alcohol, water, fragrance (really now?) and various dyes won't be very useful here, though maybe if someone has allergies to these dyes it may serve some purpose. Just thinking aloud here - any ideas, improvements, comments or criticisms are always welcome.

I wish I'd kept more of my boxes, but here are mine thus far and what they list:

Ivoire de Balmain: Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Hydroxyisohexyl-3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Evernia Prunasri [sic](Oakmoss) Extract, Isoeugenol, Cinnamal, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzophenone-2, Orange 4 (Cl 15510), Yellow 5 (Cl 19140).

Mitsouko (EDT): Alcohol, Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Evernia Furfuracea (Tree Moss) Extract, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol.

I made a similar post in the Male Fragrance Discussion Board - I own and wear some "women's" frags and felt that listing them here would be more relevant.

On a side note, I noticed with some of my "men's" frags, all ingredients following alcohol, water and fragrance were listed alphabetically. With the above examples that doesn't seem to be the case. Would anyone here have any idea why that is?
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

Default Re: To Those of You Who Keep Your Boxes...

This is for an EDT, with ingredients in English and French:
    SD Alcohol, 39C (Alcohol Denat.), Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua), Benzophenone-2, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Benzy Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydrozyisohezyl 3- Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Farnesol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CL 14700)

This is for an EDP:
    SD Alcohol, 39C (Alcohol Denat.), Fragrance (Parfum), Water, Ethyhezyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhezyl Salicylate, Benzophenone-2, Yellow 5, Orange 4.

The European ingredient list for the same EDP, which is in Italian and French, lists C.I. 19140 as the yellow pigment, and C.I. 15510 as the orange pigment.

Do you want solid fragrances, too?

Default Re: To Those of You Who Keep Your Boxes...

Just got this in the mail today, so it was already sitting next to my laptop! :-)

This seems to be an alphabetical one (at least some of the fragrance chemicals in the middle).

Chanel No. 19 EDT: Alcohol, Aqua (water), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hexyl cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Evernia Prunastri (Oak Moss) extract, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 15985 (Yellow 6)

(this No. 19 EDT is yellowy-green. Not sure of the date, but I think it's a more recent formulation?)