Code of Conduct

Thread: Musc Ravageur

Default Musc Ravageur

After I tried Musc Ravageur I absolutely loved it and am going to purchase it soon, but I am just wondering what kind of fragrance it would be considered in my wardrobe. An everyday, evening, special occasion or something else? BTW, I'm 21.

Thanks

Default Re: Musc Ravageur

Evening + special *ROMANTIC* occasion (please take note of "romantic")

=]]

Off-Scenter

What ohhmygod says.

Except that you can wear it during the day in winter and only if you apply it very lightly. (Aim vaporizer straight up infront of you, spray, and then walk through the resulting mist as it settles. Requires some practice.) Still not for the office.

Unless of course you:
    a) dislike your colleagues
    b) have a monstrous crush on a colleague and want to declare yourself
    c) are a hairdresser and routinely wear black shirts open one button too far
    d) work at the local sewage farm
    e) are the office joker
    f) work for The Anosmic Society
    Or just don't give a damn about people saying 'what are you wearing' in that way that means 'what's wearing you?'

But it's perfect for a dinner date and congratulations on your excellent taste.
    What do the gentlemen on the board think - would it be a good frag for a young chap to go bar-hopping and nightclubing?
    Last edited by Wordbird; 16th January 2008 at 10:44 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I love it and quite often wear it to work. One of my colleagues complimented me on it (though he insists on calling it Musk Rat!)
    Then again, very few perfumes have any sillage on me due to my chemistry and low body temperature, so I can get away with wearing stinkers like MR, Poison, Angel etc for daily wear.

I disagree with most of those views. I regard Musc Ravageur as the ultimate comfort scent and wear it as such. It is alternately gourmand, comforting, seductive, all in one. It is a very verstaile fragrance, but most of all it is the great comforting presence that wins. And I've worn it to the office.

As with any frag, do what you feel is right for your circumstances.
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th January 2008 at 11:13 AM.

I don't do rules. I reckon if you like it wear it - any time. I'd wear Musc Ravageur for work. I think it's a fab fragrance, and I'm considering buying some too (bit pricey though).
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Ive worn Musc Ravageur around the house, and out in the evening.

Strangely our downstairs neighbour commented on it one day as I had passed through the communal hallway and had obviously left M.R in my wake.

Im yet to get any comments whilst wearing it out with friends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    What ohhmygod says.

Except that you can wear it during the day in winter and only if you apply it very lightly. (Aim vaporizer straight up infront of you, spray, and then walk through the resulting mist as it settles. Requires some practice.) Still not for the office.
    It works BEST in winter, yes, but it can be worn very lightly in the summer evenings. I've worn it to the office in winter, too, but only if I have a total craving for it.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    It works BEST in winter, yes, but it can be worn very lightly in the summer evenings. I've worn it to the office in winter, too, but only if I have a total craving for it.
    The trouble is that I crave it far too often!
    I use three shots max in winter, and less in the heat.
    and I'm comfortable wearing MR to the office, club, restaurant, whatever!
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    What do the gentlemen on the board think - would it be a good frag for a young chap to go bar-hopping and nightclubing?
    Yes. I have a sample and I wore it nightclubbing a couple of days before New Years and it worked wonderfully. I received a flirtatious compliment from someone, which is always nice for the ego.

Wink Re: Musc Ravageur

I take it all back. Obviously MR isn't always a 'shrieker' and if you're blessed with a body chemistry like Indiscreet's or find yourself craving it every morning, what the hell? Enjoy! (But yes, apply lightly for the office. I'm sorry to generalise but I've noticed a lot of young men do over-scent. However, far better to over-do MR than many other frags.)

Everything is down to personal choice - don't let some dreadful old baggage like me boss you around!!!!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Definitely the one for hot dates