Code of Conduct

Default Minireviews of my luckyscent-samples

Today my samples from Luckyscent arrived. This is what I think of them:

Nasomatto - Hindu Grass
    Very dry and earthy. I imagine it would smell like this on the african savannah. But there's also notes of incense as from a hindu temple. I really like this one, but I'm not sure I would wear it. It might be too exotic to the climate here in Sweden.

Mark Birley for men
    Soft, woody and warm. There's something familliar about some of the notes, it brings back memories from the childhood, but I can't put a finger to what it is. Very wearable, might even order a full bottle of this one.

L'artisan Parfumeur - Tea For Two
    Sweet but not too sweet. Smoky but not too smokey. It reminds me of a cup of vanillaflavoured tea with milk. Somewhere in the distant you can feel the smell of an open fire where the tea water were boiled. I like it, but I think it's for autumn/winter only.

Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01
    I love this! It's not like mixing water with black pepper as someone has described the scent. This one reminds me of so much. It goes from sandalwood to violets and everything between, it changes constantly. I really must order a full bottle of this one! Very wearable everywhere I'd say.

Montale - Aoud Lime
    All I smell is roses with a subtle hint of lime. It's not bad, but I think it's a bit feminine. It might grow on me if I give it some time (which I will).

Cereus - No 4
    Almost like Acqua di Gio but more refined and complex. I must give this one more time, as it reminds me too much of AdG (which I don't like). The drydown is pretty nice I guess. Would wear it, but I'm not sure I'd pay for a full bottle.

Cereus - No 7
    It reminds me a little of Fahrenheit, but in a good way. I also get some cherry(?) note. I have not yet decide if I like it enough to order a bottle.

My favourites are: Molecule 01, Hindu Grass, Tea For Two and Mark Birley. I think Hindu Grass and Tea For Two would work well as room sprays too, they put you in another time and another place if you close your eyes and smell them.
    Last edited by irrbloss; 14th January 2008 at 11:06 AM.

Default Re: Minireviews of my luckyscent-samples

Hmm, interesting. So the violet must be pretty pronounced then in Cereus No. 7 to remind you of fahrenheit. What's the drydown like? Can you elaborate any more on this one, please?

Exclamation Re: Minireviews of my luckyscent-samples

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Today my samples from Luckyscent arrived. This is what I think of them:
    Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01
    I love this! It's not like mixing water with black pepper as someone has described the scent. This one reminds me of so much. It goes from sandalwood to violets and everything between, it changes constantly. I really must order a full bottle of this one! Very wearable everywhere I'd say.

My favourites are: Molecule 01, Hindu Grass, Tea For Two and Mark Birley. I think Hindu Grass and Tea For Two would work well as room sprays too, they put you in another time and another place if you close your eyes and smell them.
    Dear Irrbloss!
    In order to save your money - please, do make a search of Iso E Super molecule to buy it from chemical supplier (and some spirit-alcohol dealer too). I found it in www.perfumersworld.com
    You find that you could get 100 ml of Molecule 01 a lot cheaper, just adding 40 ml of spirit to 60 ml of Iso E Super.
    That would cost you not more than 20 bucks - instead of 135. Great savings, isn`t it?!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Hmm, interesting. So the violet must be pretty pronounced then in Cereus No. 7 to remind you of fahrenheit. What's the drydown like? Can you elaborate any more on this one, please?
    Well, I'm not very good at picking out notes, but I'd say it starts with mandarine and something "green", then as time goes by I start smelling violets and something that smells like cherry/almond. The cherry/almond fades gradually and what's left is leather and violets (and a slight hint of something woody).

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Dear Irrbloss!
    In order to save your money - please, do make a search of Iso E Super molecule to buy it from chemical supplier (and some spirit-alcohol dealer too). I found it in www.perfumersworld.com
    You find that you could get 100 ml of Molecule 01 a lot cheaper, just adding 40 ml of spirit to 60 ml of Iso E Super.
    That would cost you not more than 20 bucks - instead of 135. Great savings, isn`t it?!
    Thanks, that's a good saving. Have you tried? Is 40/60 the right amount?
    Last edited by irrbloss; 14th January 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I am wearing Aoud Lime today - this is a tricky scent, the first time I wore it I got the distinct smell of buttered popcorn. Today, just rose and lime. Oh, and aoud. I think today's weather (sunny, cool - just perfect S. Florida weather) has helped me enjoy it also.

Read this thread on Aoud Lime: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199669 As you can see it's pretty much a love/hate kind of scent. Yes, do yourself a favor and give it another full wearing.

Tea For Two is a wonderful L'Artisan to sample - however I think it can be enjoyed year round IMO.

BTW - the Nasomatto Hindu sounds incredible. What's the longevity like?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 14th January 2008 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    BTW - the Nasomatto Hindu sounds incredible. What's the longevity like?
    Hard to say, as it was a sample without an atomizer and I had to dab a few drops on me. I could smell it about 4-5 hours, then it was almost gone.