Code of Conduct

Default Isotta Fraschini Uomo

Has anyone tried the new Isotta Fraschini uomo? Sounds very traditional.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Isotta Fraschini Uomo

Ive never heard of this. And the link says No Product Found.

This is the car Norma Desmond has in Sunset Boulevard, though.

(my favorite movie)
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDavid View Post
    Ive never heard of this. And the link says No Product Found.

This is the car Norma Desmond has in Sunset Boulevard, though.

(my favorite movie)
    Strange, with me the link works. You have to go to www.ausliebezumduft.de, switch to English, choose "fragrances", and you'll find it in the house list on the left.

Some group apparently acquired the license to produce various luxury items under the name, but all you find in the net is the site of the old company that still builds motors (for boats, these days).
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

This one is now available at luckyscent.com

Hey ajmc! I read wear you bought this one. Care to share your thoughts on it with us? Thanks
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 11th June 2008 at 02:38 PM.

Wearing this today and I'm finding that I really don't have an opinion either way. It is a very traditional fragrance. Reminds me of Tuscany or Tuscany Forte, but for an EDP, the longevity is poor on my skin. So all in all not bad, but not great and not worth the price.

Regards,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjas1962 View Post
    Wearing this today and I'm finding that I really don't have an opinion either way. It is a very traditional fragrance. Reminds me of Tuscany or Tuscany Forte, but for an EDP, the longevity is poor on my skin. So all in all not bad, but not great and not worth the price.

Regards,
    Steve
    Dang!, You are on top of it. Thanks alot for the news. Sounds like I can live without this one. What is with all the weak EDPs lately?

Just ordered samples from you know where. Will report back to base when the test mission is accomplished.

I got a chance to try this today and was really impressed. Yes, it is a bit traditional, but it complexity is fascinating. It is both fresh and clean (not in an ozonic, more of a soapy sort) and warm and spicy at the same time. The drydown is classic and classy. I went to Scentbar this afternoon and after smelling at least a dozen different scents, this one impressed me the most. Anybody else smelled it?
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Just got a tester of this yesterday. I agree that the complexity is fascinating, I love this one. It's on my wishlist now.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    I got a chance to try this today and was really impressed. Yes, it is a bit traditional, but it complexity is fascinating. It is both fresh and clean (not in an ozonic, more of a soapy sort) and warm and spicy at the same time. The drydown is classic and classy. I went to Scentbar this afternoon and after smelling at least a dozen different scents, this one impressed me the most. Anybody else smelled it?
    Fresh and clean, yet spicy. Sounds like Cologne du 68 by Guerlain. Would you agree Brent?

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my EDP.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 11th August 2008 at 06:43 AM.

Basenotes Institution

I finally tried this today.

I have to agree with sjas1962 above, I got the Tuscany by Aramis vibe from it, when I applied it also. But instead of smelling like an 80's fragrance, it comes across more like a Creed or Penhaligon's. So yes, t_g_l - it is a traditional smelling fragrance. I think you'd love this one.

Very strong cypress notes (almost gave me a headache, like pine does sometimes) and for this, I got the Blenheim Bouquet reference. But still, it's a little more resinous than BB and yet doesn't ultiumately satisfy me as much as Cypress Musc by Creed does.

Noteworthy. Interesting. But not bottle worthy for me.

Hm, thanks for the description. I may give it a try in December when I do my x-mas shopping in Frankfurt. Though with Cypres Musc and Crown Town & Country on the shelf it's not as urgent as others, I'd gather.
    My Wardrobe

I don't know, it is kind of "old" smelling to me. I like traditional fragrances, and historic fragrances, but this is a bit sweet and licorice like at points. Not great IMHO.

HMMM...Sounds like it not only isn't breaking any new ground but also isn't carving out its own place within the myriad of citrus and cedar "classics".

That licorice note mentioned above piqued my interest though. Is it strong enough to bother trying?
    Last edited by argogos; 4th November 2008 at 07:50 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    HMMM...Sounds like it not only isn't breaking any new ground but also isn't carving out its own place within the myriad of citrus and cedar "classics".

That licorice note mentioned above piqued my interest though. Is it strong enough to bother trying?
    If you're asking, is the licorce note strong enough, IMO it was not. I barely smelled the licorice. Much more cypress/evergreen!