Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Creed scents?

Gentlemen,
    Im now a father and unfortunatlely spending 100-200 on my Fav. Creed fragrances...
    1. GIT
    2. Boi d. Portugal
    3. Himalaya
    Are simply not going to continue. I just have to watch my money more closely now.
    Are there colognes than smell like the above mentioned?
    I have read MANY times that most simple cannot tell the difference between Cool Water and GIT.
    But the other two i wear almost as much if not more.
    Any opinions?
    I CAN continue to buy samples but they just dont last and would like to simply get a regular bottle of a decent "similar" smelling cologne.
    Thanks for the advice,
    Alec from Ohio

Default Re: Similar to Creed scents?

1. GIT = a good version of Cool Water? A little bit of Unbound? Nothing I can think of comes seriously close.

2. Bois de Portugal = New York by PdN (New York has a bit less lavender. Also has more amber in the dry-down. Otherwise, they are brothers -- maybe even fraternal twins.)

3. Himalaya = XS by Paco Rabanne (Damn similar, IMHO.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 14th January 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I find the new Usher cologne to be similar to Himalaya mixed with a touch of Millesime Imperial.

Nothing smells like Bois du Portugal (I find NY to be quite different, interestingly). Try to get low priced testers from reliable sources. Many threads on thishere. For the others, what the others said .

P.S. You could always dress your kids in rags and feed them day-old bread. That's what I've been doing to finance my niche perfumes.
    Just kidding . Enjoy every precious moment of your fatherhood, the little ones develop so quickly, special moments come and go in a flash. I don't sleep anymore, but I'm one happy daddy.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 14th January 2008 at 10:48 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Nothing smells like Bois du Portugal (I find NY to be quite different, interestingly). Try to get low priced testers from reliable sources. Many threads on thishere. For the others, what the others said .

P.S. You could always dress your kids in rags and feed them day-old bread. That's what I've been doing to finance my niche perfumes.
    Just kidding . Enjoy every precious moment of your fatherhood, the little ones develop so quickly, special moments come and go in a flash. I don't sleep anymore, but I'm one happy daddy.
    LOL...

I won't be the first to say that Pierre Cardin (the silver orb bottle) is similar to BdP, at least for the first 30 minutes of BdP; of course, the Cardin doesn't have the multi-layered drydown that you get from that most unique of Creeds, but for $15-20 dollars a bottle, its worth a try. You'll see the Cardin quite often at the overstock retailers (TJX, Ross, etc).

And congrats on the new family extension!

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    I won't be the first to say that Pierre Cardin (the silver orb bottle) is similar to BdP, at least for the first 30 minutes of BdP; of course, the Cardin doesn't have the multi-layered drydown that you get from that most unique of Creeds, but for $15-20 dollars a bottle, its worth a try. You'll see the Cardin quite often at the overstock retailers (TJX, Ross, etc).

And congrats on the new family extension!
    Thanks for all the ideas.
    P.S. I lived near L.A. for 4 years while in the Air Force. ( Edwards AFB)

I'll be the first to say...congratulations on being a new father. Nothing is greater!!

I think Guerlain Heritage and Caron Third Man might be worth a try, given your appreciation of Bois du Portugal.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Mttafire,
    Sadly, nothing you get as a subsitute is really going to replace the stuff you like so much. Direct substitues, that is. I say give up on trying to get things that might have half or three quarters of the elements/mix/whatever you like in the Creeds you like.

Instead start looking at stuff that is simply cheaper and good to fantastic in its own way. There's plenty out there, and you asked about Monsieur de Givenchy in another thread. That's a good one--un Creed like to be sure, but on its own a delight to wear. Cheap from online dealers as well, usually.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.