Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan bargains

My local Fenwicks is selling a load of L'Artisan frags at half price. I know nothing about them, and didn't have time to sample any of them properly today. The ones I glimpsed were L'eau de L'Artisan, Mure et Musc (?), Premier Figuier, Mimosa pour Moi, Timbuktu, L'eau d'Ambre - I think that's it. They certainly weren't carrying the entire line, and the ones being sold at half price were limited to only the ones listed above in small size bottles, and the larger bottles were limited to only three fragrances.

So. What do you reckon, those of you who know these frags well? Which of these would be a must-have?
    Last edited by Clemmie; 14th January 2008 at 10:29 PM.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Default Re: L'Artisan bargains

If you like a creamy, green, earthy, scent; Premier Figuier could be for you. Mimosa pour moi, is a nice unique take on a Mimosa scent, almost like an impressionist artist created it.

They are all quite good, but none of them are "must haves" for me...

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them at 1/2 price!!!

Basenotes Institution

The ones I've tried from your list that I'd recommend are:

L'eau de L'Artisan and Premier Figuier

Timbuktu is a strange one...I didn't like it at all but I admire it a lot and I received compliments when I wore it. To me, Timbuktu and Dzonghka have a lot in common.

Premier Figuier is a staple for me in spring/summer so I highly recommend that one. However, I agree that at 50% off you can't go wrong.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

I like Mure et Musc, but I don't own it ... I never thought I would like it, since I hate the blackberry frags at B&BW But, it is a very nice take on blackberry that isn't too sickly sweet over a musky base. It stays very close to the skin and I like it best on a hot summer day.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Timbuktu and Mimosa pour Moi would be my choice.

With Premier Figuier I have had an off and on relationship and had to finally find it a more loving home in California.

Mure at Musk is OK, but I am not a fan of musk altogether. The other two strike me as those without much projection or lasting power.
    Last edited by Twolf; 15th January 2008 at 02:07 AM.

My picks of the bunch would be Mûre et Musc, Timbuktu and L'eau d'Ambre.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thanks for those suggestions. If I get the chance at lunchtime (and if I don't get blown away by the gale force winds we're experiencing this morning!), I'll go and sample Fig, Musc, Mimosa and Timbuktu...the names alone intrigue me enough to want to sample. How badly are these going to clash with this vintage Mitsouko I'm wearing? Don't answer that! Purely rhetorical!
    Bill Cosby

If they have a bottle of Dzing! there, grab it!
    (I"ll buy it off you if you hate it!)
    ;-)
    --------------------------------------
    SO!!????????
    what did you get????
    Last edited by Wordbird; 17th January 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    If they have a bottle of Dzing! there, grab it!
    (I"ll buy it off you if you hate it!)
    ;-)
    SO!!????????
    what did you get????
    I haven't been back yet, the weather has been atrocious. I'm hoping they've still got them on sale tomorrow - but I know they don't have Dzing! I looked for that one last time, because I'd read so much about it.
    Bill Cosby

Where's your Fenwicks???

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldo View Post
    Where's your Fenwicks???
    Tunbridge Wells. Royal Victoria Place. I'm hoping they've still got the half price L'Artisan stuff there when I go back tomorrow (will be my luck that they've cleared the lot out for 'new' stuff by then). They had lots of other bargains too. Tons of Bvlgari gift sets left over from Christmas and Gwen Stefani L.A.M.B (I had a sniff - not bad, but not good enough to buy).
    Popped in today. Tried Premier Fig, and didn't like it at all. Tried Mure et Musc, and that was much more to my taste. So I got a small bottle of that - will probably wear it more in the spring than at this time of year. Bargain!
    I thought I'd posted earlier, but it hasn't shown up so...

I tried Premier Fig...and I didn't get on with that one (had to wash it off when I got back to work).

So then I tried Mure et Musc, and that was grand, so I got that. Lovely for the spring. Good to get a bargain too. They still have plenty left. The 100ml bottles are marked down from £70 to £46, and the 50ml bottles are down from £50 to £35. Not bad!
    Last edited by Clemmie; 18th January 2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bill Cosby