Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Best body butter?

I'm a body butter addict - and luckily my local Marshall's often has them on sale - from a wide range of brands.

My first love was the Body Shop's mango - but have since moved on and tried tons - I particularly like the ones that have shea butter as an ingredient.

What are your favs? What are some good bargains?
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Default Re: Best body butter?

Villainess Whipped! is my favorite. I use it on my body and in my hair as a leave in. It comes in many scents and well as Enui (unscented). At about $7 it is quite a bargan!
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Oh this is definitely the topic for me! I collect body butter, and have more than I have perfumes! Some of my favourites include:

Victoria's Secret Garden Range: I currently own Love Spell, Strawberries and Champagne and Seduction which are absolutely delicious. These are my favourite brand, and I desperately want to get the full range of scents. Currently these are on special as 3 for $20 and 5 for $30. They're a whipped body butter, very thick and creamy, and VERY sweet smelling.

Bloom Vanilla Bean: I bought this yesterday after many months of lusting after it. Works well as a base under sweet, vanilla fragrances. I don't like any of the other Bloom body butters though

Urban Rituelle Kiwi and Honeydew Melon: An Aussie brand as far as I know, but this is FANTASTIC. A beautiful, sweet, fruity body butter. It's just indescibably wonderful. I will be repurchasing IMMEDIATELY when I run out. This one isn't as thick as most, and has more of a 'lotion' consistency.

Avon Far Away: This one comes in a tube, and is called a 'body cream' rather than a body butter. I got a fullsize tube for free and I LOVE it. A great, warm, rich oriental scent that I love for Winter.

I have plenty more, but those are the best of my collection.
    Body Shop Mango and also Papaya (which is also my mum's fav)
    David Jones brand Shea Butter
    Girl Stuff Watermelon
    Palmers - supposed to be unscented, but it leaves a smell I really don't like
    A generic lemon body butter that my bf likes
    Two unidentifiable scents that are a South American brand of some sort (gift)

and that's really all I can remember offhand, I'm quite addicted!

My first love was also from The Body Shop -- Brazil Nut Body Butter. Looking at their site now, I see that they offer 17 different scents instead of the 3 or 4 that I remember from a few years ago.

I tried a couple from Bath and Body Works, but found they smelled plasticky.

The only one I have now is Flowerbomb's Bomblicious whipped body creme. This post has left me with several others that I want to try, though!
    Last edited by tang; 16th January 2008 at 12:14 AM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I love TBS mango body butter too! Also have the passionfruit one and that's pretty yummy I usually use those or Palmer's cocoa butter

I adored Laura Mercier's Basil and Lavender but she discontinued it. Smelt just like Jicky!!!

Tipton Charles do fabulous body butters.

www.tiptoncharles.com.
    DONNA

Has anyone tried 100% shea butter? I think that it might be readily available at a health food store. A quick Google Products search found some 7 oz. containers in the ten dollar price range.

We have a 100% shea butter in the Bath & Body Works store that I work in, called "Too Shea," but I could not find it on the BBW web site. It is $17 I think. It is very thick and waxy; I wondered if it might be too thick to work with, but I rubbed some into my elbows and thought that it might be good for problem areas.

L'Occitaine also has a 100% shea butter tin.

Blog Entries

Went body butter shopping today at my favorite discount store - Marshalls.

Got a great haul - lots of "reduced for clearance items" so some of them were 2 and 3 bucks a jar. Max price - 4.99.

Have no clue about any of them - Marshall's has frequent changes in stock. Here's the loot:
    Several Shea butter & Rose Water body butters by Ruben's Remedies - can't find these anywhere listed on the net - weird - made in Canada by Parfum D'Image

the shea butter one is thicker and feels richer/oiler. The rose water is lighter, non-greasy and lightly scented
    Has anyone ever heard of this brand? They were $4.99 each

Stuart & French Pure Rose and Sheer Lavender
    Stronger rose in this one - another mystery potion from Canada Parfum D'Image

Dead Sea Pure Shea Butter Body Scrub from Spa Cosmetics, Isreal. Very thick and rich - has a few salt crystals as the scrubber. No scent

Asquith & Somerset Cocoa Butter All over Body Moisterizer - I did find this online - it's from England - sells for 16 bucks - Marshalls price - 2 dollars - reduced

Asquith & Somerset Rose & Jojoba body moisterizer - I see this on E-Bay for at least 9 bucks - Marshall's price was $3.00
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Yes 100% shea butter is solid in cool or normal temps. But if you set it on a rad it turns liquid. You can warm it between your fingers too.
    I have a little tin of the L'Occitane one which I use on cuticles and my nose if I have a cold.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Yes 100% shea butter is solid in cool or normal temps. But if you set it on a rad it turns liquid. You can warm it between your fingers too. I have a little tin of the L'Occitane one which I use on cuticles and my nose if I have a cold.
    Thanks for the tips -- I'll have to try that out!

I used to buy Caswell-Massey's Almond and Aloe Body Balm, I loved the texture. Nice scent too, plus it faded quickly.

I am a body butter addict too. At the moment I'm really into BBW Cocoa and my all time favorite is Palmer's Shea Butter Formula Concentrated Cream. It works wonders for my skin and has a fragrance that layers well with perfumes.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Body Butter...Body Butter...those two words just sound incredible, especially when you say them slowly.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Big Body Butter News!

Burt's Bees just came out with their own shea butter-based body butter!! It is both thick and light, with a scrumptious scent! I think I will need to switch allegience from the Body Shop's mango butter!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Yes 100% shea butter is solid in cool or normal temps.
    I was at a flea market this weekend, and a vendor had 100% shea butter in a clear plastic tub. It was very solid and crumbly, like feta cheese. Is this a normal presentation for shea butter?

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Big Body Butter News!

Burt's Bees just came out with their own shea butter-based body butter!! It is both thick and light, with a scrumptious scent! I think I will need to switch allegience from the Body Shop's mango butter!
    I tried their last body butter concotion...I think they called it nut butter or something like that. It felt, well....weird. They must have changed the formlation, maybe they got it right this time.

I wear scented body creams by L'Occitane and Perlier/Elariia from Italy, sold in the Italian Bath and Body line on hsn.com for people in the US. They have quite a few different treatment butters for men and women. Great deals in some of their bath and body kits.

This winter, I've been using L'Occitane's Almond Milk Concentrate and last summer, it was their Verbena Body Cream with shea butter. I also have Perlier Ylang Ylang, Banana, Elariia Rosa di Maggio (pink may roses) and I forget what else. I was addicted to Italian Bath and Body for a while, they have a cult following.